Game Day AFLW Round 7 - Carlton v Collingwood - Sunday 15th October, 3.05pm @ IKON Park

Remove this Banner Ad

GalaxyBlue

All Australian
Apr 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Kerryn Peterson will return to the lineup after missing last week's game with a knee injury, while Maddy Hendrie also comes back into the team.
Ciara Fitzgerald has been omitted, while Keeley Skepper will miss after a hip injury at training on Thursday.

IN: Kerryn Peterson, Maddy Hendrie
OUT: Keeley Skepper (hip), Ciara Fitzgerald (omitted)

Round 7 team:
Backs:Kerryn PetersonVaomua Laloifi
Half-backs:Gen Lawson-TavanHarriet CordnerGab Pound
Centreline:Amelia VelardoAbbie McKayBrooke Vickers
Half-forwards:Mia AustinBreann MoodyLily Goss
Forwards:Darcy VescioKeeley Sherar
Followers:Jessica GoodMimi HillPhoebe McWilliams
Interchange:Daisy WalkerErone FitzpatrickJess Dal Pos
Madeline HendrieDayna Finn
Emergencies:Taylor OrtleppCiara FitzgeraldImogen Milford

Let’s go Blues! :carlton:

Last edited:

Disgusting start by us, 3 poor mistakes early. Not looking good. No composure and fumbly. Just try to stay in it. Pies look switched on.

Very contested type game, both teams not allowing much space for their opponent, our pressure has been really good need to be cleaner when winning & offloading from the contests we’re giving the ball to an already covered option…
Umpires have missed 4/5 obvious HTB/incorrect disposal decisions for both sides…

This one is over, rarely does a side in the AFLW have a scoreless quarter and 20 point deficit and win. This one is going to be ugly for us but more of a true reflection of how average we are....just a fact. Pies are just a better side and deserve to be in the 8 not us. Pies by 6-8 goals.

No sugar coating this I'm not happy.
This team has been bog ordinary since inception. Something like 7 years. Who the $#@& is in charge of effing recruiting?
It's hard enough to watch as it is but Carlton make it virtually impossible.
Tell me I'm wrong!
Where was this comment when we won four of our first six and played generally decent football...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t been able/capable to find the same type of space to switch, run and link up as previous weeks, scoreboard even that quarter although pies generated better passages of play, our defense and pressure stood up really well they’re helped kept us in the game…
Rain doesn’t help our chances…

No sugar coating this I'm not happy.
This team has been bog ordinary since inception. Something like 7 years. Who the * is in charge of effing recruiting?
It's hard enough to watch as it is but Carlton make it virtually impossible.
Tell me I'm wrong!
Getting nothing for Prespakis was criminal.

Still 3 games to go - people need to remember we finished 14th in 2022.
We weren't expected to be in finals contention and with three games to go we are still in with a shot for the 8.

Fair but you also need to look at our fixture this year. It’s been pretty cushy and has made our ladder position look a lot better than where we truly are at in reality. We are a rebuilding team in a cluster pack of ‘expansion’ teams also building.

Fair but you also need to look at our fixture this year. It’s been pretty cushy and has made our ladder position look a lot better than where we truly are at in reality. We are a rebuilding team in a cluster pack of ‘expansion’ teams also building.
This is true - we have benefited from a more generous fixture. But still the way we play has definitely improved from 2022 and it is Buck's first year at the helm. Personally have been pretty happy with what I have seen in most of the games this year

I was at the game today... my first at-the-ground experience for the AFLW, despite following it since inception.

It was really great and exciting to see the team in-person for the first time, though sadly not a great result compared to previous weeks.

Unfortunately Collingwood were just bigger and harder at the contest in the first quarter when it mattered. We were then able to stem the flow pretty well, but the damage was done.

It seems the gap between the best sides and good sides is very wide in this competition post-expansion. We've probably been batting above our weight this season for the most part, and Collingwood below it.

Still if you'd told me at the start of the year we'd win more than 2 games this season I'd take it, and who knows what can happen from here.

After the game I was afforded the opportunity to spread Dad's ashes in the goal square to fulfill his wishes alongside family and loved ones. He's a part of the ground of his beloved club now and forevermore. This will be a memory I will always cherish and just binds my soul more (if possible) to our great club.

We also bumped into Terry from BlueAbroad which was another special moment during a tough day on-field.

I'll be back for our last game against the Saints with a friend. Here's hoping we notch the win against Essendon next week before heading into that one in a position to clinch a finals berth.

Go Blues!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back