Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt2

How would you find Bradley Robert Edwards?

• Not guilty on all

• Guilty on all

• Ciara Glennon - Guilty

• Ciara Glennon & Jane Rimmer - Guilty

• I need more information!

• This is sooo sub-judice, I'm dobbing you in shellyg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this a few months ago but I reckon quite a few posters here should get some recognition with some sort of badge.

Probably a Sherlock hat is lame but some sort of acknowledgement is due!

For the record I'm still alive and doing my duty by monitoring the Supreme Court daily cause list.

Wouldn't it be just peachy if court was recalled before the due date for reasons for us to find out on the day! :)
That would definitely be an attender day!
Nice work Jezza!

Off topic a Victorian judge called a lawyer’s questioning of a witness “boring”-and the defence is now attempting to prove it could have swayed the jury! :D:sweatsmile:.

Hall is a strong man listening to all that evidence without doing the same!

Nice work Jezza!

Off topic a Victorian judge called a lawyer’s questioning of a witness “boring”-and the defence is now attempting to prove it could have swayed the jury! :D:sweatsmile:.

Hall is a strong man listening to all that evidence without doing the same!

I think Justice Hall is too good a judge to ever act like that other judge. We are lucky to have him.

I said this a few months ago but I reckon quite a few posters here should get some recognition with some sort of badge.

Probably a Sherlock hat is lame but some sort of acknowledgement is due!

Good idea, thanks I'll get onto it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

De fence strategy in the CSK trial,
was one ******* great big wall of silence.
De fence strategy in the CSK trial,
was one ******* great big wall of silence.
Its going to very interesting to hear Halls summary, he really has very little to go on (except fibers and one small bit of DNA under a finger nail). There were very few witness's called, of those called, no one saw him with or near the victims, no one linked him to the victims, no one saw him in the area where the abductions occurred. Of those that 'thought' they saw an abduction, either described a different car, a different person, wrong time or was drunk. Other witness's gave evidence which didn't shed any light on anything and when they tried to explain were silenced. Fiber and DNA experts pretty much waffled on about the same thing, over and over and over. And your so right BFEW, your description of the defense's strategy is spot on!!
Only a few work colleagues were called, no family, friends or other acquaintances. I think this might be some sort of record, where after months at court, we still don't know much more about the accused than the day we into court. I can understand the defences strategy, they must know/think he's guilty so the least said the better, but what I don't understand is the prosecutions lack of witness's? Surely they could have at supeanered some witness's to give evidence regarding his personality, life history or something!!

I propose a guessing contest for the length of closing addresses. Not sure what first prize would be yet. Winner is closest to the actual time.
My guesses:
Prosecution 1 day
Defence 40 minutes.
Prosecution 0.8 days
Defence: 4.9 inches

Its going to very interesting to hear Halls summary, he really has very little to go on (except fibers and one small bit of DNA under a finger nail). There were very few witness's called, of those called, no one saw him with or near the victims, no one linked him to the victims, no one saw him in the area where the abductions occurred. Of those that 'thought' they saw an abduction, either described a different car, a different person, wrong time or was drunk. Other witness's gave evidence which didn't shed any light on anything and when they tried to explain were silenced. Fiber and DNA experts pretty much waffled on about the same thing, over and over and over. And your so right BFEW, your description of the defense's strategy is spot on!!
Only a few work colleagues were called, no family, friends or other acquaintances. I think this might be some sort of record, where after months at court, we still don't know much more about the accused than the day we into court. I can understand the defences strategy, they must know/think he's guilty so the least said the better, but what I don't understand is the prosecutions lack of witness's? Surely they could have at supeanered some witness's to give evidence regarding his personality, life history or something!!
I suspect that his family didn’t give much away, given how one extended family member went public with their scepticism of his guilt (prior to his admission of KK and Huntingdale). And his friends and colleagues perhaps genuinely didn’t notice anything worth mentioning.

Prosecution: Nearly 1 day (96% or more of a day)
Defence: barely anything (4% or less of the day)

You could have acted even more ungallantly by bidding 1 day less 1 second for the prosecution ;)
A full day is two 80 minute sessions in the morning and 105 minutes in the afternoon or 265 minutes. 4% of that is around 10 minutes.

You could have acted even more ungallantly by bidding 1 day less 1 second for the prosecution ;)
A full day is two 80 minute sessions in the morning and 105 minutes in the afternoon or 265 minutes. 4% of that is around 10 minutes.
Yeah that sounds about right. I’ll stick with that guess haha.

I propose a guessing contest for the length of closing addresses. Not sure what first prize would be yet. Winner is closest to the actual time.

My guesses:
Prosecution 1 day
Defence 40 minutes.

Edit: I'm being serious!! (for once)
My guess ( if one day equals aprox 265 minutes)
Prosecution - 7days (as Carmel seems to like to drag everthing out!!)
Defence - 1 hour

My guess is guilty all three and defence will seek an appeal

The defence will certainly appeal unless there is an aquittal on all murder charges. A question will be how much Legal Aid is prepared to spend on an appeal.

On the evidence and trial history there seem to be very few grounds for an appeal. Hall has been scrupulously fair and the defence had every opportunity to mount a significant case but chose not to. Even the defence cross examinations were totally bland; they tended to assist the court in clarifying elements of evidence that did not get explained well in the prosecution lead :oops: . This of course is not a problem as the defence are as much officers of the court as the prosecution (even Hall got into the game by asking fairly obvious questions that prosecution and defence had missed).

The appeal will mostly come down to elements in the written judgement which we are unlikley to see for some months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back