Current Claremont Murders - The Bunker

Is Bradley Edwards the Mystery Man in the CCTV?

• Yes

Votes: 28 82.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welshpool Rd is a main arterial route spanning from the suburb Welshpool to Lesmurdie and near Carmel within the Darling Ranges - Perth's outer eastern suburbs. Welshpool is reasonably close to Perth. Part of the WR extends up what's known as Lesmurdie Hill.

The way it works today you can drive from Carmel to City Beach without ever once turning left or right - always on the same road. It's the secret east-west route.

The way it works today you can drive from Carmel to City Beach without ever once turning left or right - always on the same road. It's the secret east-west route.
That's worth considering when travelling south to the northern suburbs. I'll check it out. Thanks Jezza.

Back in the day Woolcoot Rd Wellard and Pipydinny Rd Eglinton weren't well known areas that you would go through or even know about, so i'm thinking he had something to do in these areas at some stage either work or Horses. Be interesting to know what area he was working around when Sarah went missing that may give a clue as to where to start to look?

Horace Rd is more prospective than most. It's isolated, dark and a long way from any houses. That's where I saw the rubbish dumping, vehicle bits etc.
There are a number of minor roads off Welshpool Rd including Moffet Rd that extends into a 2WD navigable bush road going nowhere.

Edit: If BRE was heading back to Huntingdale from Mosman Park, it's incredibly easy to take a detour off Albany Highway and simply drive up Welshpool Rd and find a secluded side road on the scarp. That would fit in with the other two dump sites.

Actually, on further consideration - and assuming BRE was acting completely rationally which I seriously doubt - he'd have gone via Fremantle, South St, Ranford Rd, and Warton or Southern River Rd.

This is assuming he hadn't worked out a disposal plan yet which is quite probable. He'd got lucky in catching a victim but as in KK he wasn't really sure what to do. So a guess is he returned to Huntingdale to stash SS in his empty house in Fountain Way and then went to work only to take the next day off to do the actual disposal. This leaves open the disposal location and I'm tending strongly towards the scarp.

Last edited:
in KK he wasn't really sure what to do.
With Karrakatta Cemetery so close to residential areas, and across the road from Hollywood High School (which still existing in 1995)
BRE might have got spooked by people other than possibly security staff on that horrific Feb 1995 abduction/assault night.

I'd have thought that there was a range of individuals or small groups of people that used to do a range of things in the Cemetery from time to time in the wee hours of the morning.

Not that I personally ever heard talk of anything happening in there, or mixed with the locals that might have been inclined to hang out there for anything other than riding their bikes thru it on the way to school.

There's probably been discussion of the level of security/patrolling in Karrakatta Cemetery during the 90's somewhere in the various CSK forums.

“But even more bizarre was when the recording was over and we turned off the tape recorder, and everybody sat there quietly.
“Then Louise suddenly stood up and clapped her hands and announced: ‘Whose for apple pie and ice-cream?’ It was just bizarre."
“She didn’t say any more about it and continued insisting, right up to his execution, that her boy could never have done those things.

Bundy has so many similarities to BRE's progression from the geeky kid that didn't fit in, to Peeping Tom/Ladies underwear fondler to Rapist, to (accused) killer?
Thanks GND, what interests me about Ted Bundy's mother Louise, is the denial reaction. I wonder if, as a child something sinister had happened to Ted, he'd told his mother about it and she chose to ignore the situation.

Failing to acknowledge abuse might explain why Ted hated women so much.

Added note about TB: “He was clearly a narcissist, and he was also paranoid. So while he didn’t trust anybody he also really enjoyed being in the limelight, and thought it was a wonderful game that he was playing. (reminds me of the BRE smirk)

Last edited:
With Karrakatta Cemetery so close to residential areas, and across the road from Hollywood High School (which still existing in 1995)
BRE might have got spooked by people other than possibly security staff on that horrific Feb 1995 abduction/assault night.

I'd have thought that there was a range of individuals or small groups of people that used to do a range of things in the Cemetery from time to time in the wee hours of the morning.

I agree. It may not necessarily have been security that spooked him. My understanding is that there was paths through there that were used by people on bicycles, it may have been something like a cyclist going through with their little bike light on weaving about. Or someone taking a shortcut through having a smoke.

I agree. It may not necessarily have been security that spooked him. My understanding is that there was paths through there that were used by people on bicycles, it may have been something like a cyclist going through with their little bike light on weaving about. Or someone taking a shortcut through having a smoke.
We have a waste disposal business that we empty bins there early hours of the morning, so he could have been spooked ( pardon the pun) by one of them even, they are pretty noisy.

When you think about it the 1995 KK victim was taken a short distance, from the point of abduction to where the KK crime had been committed. The accused was probably familiar with the KK cemetery grounds as it's a short distance from Hollywood Hospital - he looked after their PABX in 1990.
Maybe it wasn't someone who'd spooked the accused, rather something wasn't readily available - like a dumpster?

Also, the businesses within Government Rd, probably had dumpsters - that's the back part of the buildings, which would have been very secluded at nights, and little security back then. One of those proprietors was in an article advising his building was vacant for a while and upon return he'd found someone had been in it, because there were tyre marks, electrical diagrams and I think jewellery. Perhaps that building wasn't securely locked and used as a lair, that's been mentioned beforehand. Entry may have been easily obtained through an open window. The accused had proven to be very handy at getting into the houses at Huntingdale.

Could it be possible the evil act of SSs demise happened at the KK cemetery. Thinking, perhaps she was taken a short distance, similar to the KK victim.

The KK cemetery might have been his "primary" prowling grounds. It's also a short distance from the child care centre where JR worked. If the CSK had frequented the cemetery it's possible he'd seen JR. I think it was Spinnaker who originally suggested that - if you're watching thank you Spinnaker.

Last edited:
With regard to both national parks toward the east of Perth, I'll have a look at the couple of routes which are available from Claremont (Greenmount National Park and John Forest). There was a limited timeframe from the abduction to the next morning when the accused started work at Dumas House (8am). So I'll work out the kilometres via the various routes and you lot of "experts" can pick the information to pieces.

I'm aware of what roads/highways were built back then, and what were and still are quiet roads. The way I think, the routes taken would have been the quieter ones without many houses and streetlights etc.

If anywhere up that a way I'd say Parkerville. Just imo...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been looking at the aerial views of Karrakatta Cemetery, and studying the layout. Looking at the proximity of the "proposed" lair in Government Rd and also the day care centre where JR had worked. Hollywood Hospital, Monash Ave, is within close proximity eastward of KK. That's where the KK victim ran for help.

Karrakatta cemetery (99 hectares) is located within Perth's western suburbs surrounded by the suburbs of Shenton Park (NE), Nedlands & Crawley (south), Claremont, Mt Claremont & Swanborne (west) and Kings Park (east).

Kings Park is a short distance toward the east of KK, which is 400 hectares in total and a vast amount of protected bushland. Kings Park has several entries, which are always open and unmanned. Two of the entries off Winthrop Av/Thomas St are Poole Ave, and Saw Ave, are within close proximity of KK and HH.

I wonder if SS was actually taken to the vacant building in Government Rd (i.e. proposed lair). The proprietor/owner of that commercial building found some jewellery which wasn't handed to the police. I'm aware SS sister (AM) told the police what SS was wearing that evening but perhaps something was omitted, unintentionally of course.

The distance from Dumas House, West Perth to Government Rd Nedlands is 7.1kms.

On Sat 27 Jan at 9.45pm the accused finished work at Dumas House. BRE travelled to work with MC but MC finished work before BRE.

As MC finished beforehand, how did BRE travel home? Did the accused go straight back to Huntingdale?

There's been no mention how BRE got home that evening.

I wonder if SS was actually taken to the vacant building in Government Rd (i.e. proposed lair). The proprietor/owner of that commercial building found some jewellery which wasn't handed to the police. I'm aware SS sister (AM) told the police what SS was wearing that evening but perhaps something was omitted, unintentionally of course.

The distance from Dumas House, West Perth to Government Rd Nedlands is 7.1kms.

On Sat 27 Jan at 9.45pm the accused finished work at Dumas House. BRE travelled to work with MC but MC finished work before BRE.

As MC finished beforehand, how did BRE travel home? Did the accused go straight back to Huntingdale?

my office is next to Dumas and my home is not far from government road. that's 7 minutes to west perth and 9 minutes on the return leg. So timing is possible, as it is so quick, it's immaterial.

Government road is a quiet as you could ask for with driveway access and loading docks as government road is the rear of buildings facing carrington.

I'd be surprised if he rented or had access after hours to one of these buildings, as we would have heard about it.

The auto-electrician rapist on carrington/ government road, is just another example of how many perpetrators have operated in the area. Meaning jewellery by itself may relate to completely separate incidents or even just lost and found. Especially given their are charity bins on government road, clothing and jewellery are often just laying on government road.

my office is next to Dumas and my home is not far from government road. that's 7 minutes to west perth and 9 minutes on the return leg. So timing is possible, as it is so quick, it's immaterial.

Government road is a quiet as you could ask for with driveway access and loading docks as government road is the rear of buildings facing carrington.

I'd be surprised if he rented or had access after hours to one of these buildings, as we would have heard about it.

The auto-electrician rapist on carrington/ government road, is just another example of how many perpetrators have operated in the area. Meaning jewellery by itself may relate to completely separate incidents or even just lost and found. Especially given their are charity bins on government road, clothing and jewellery are often just laying on government road.
Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he rented a unit (not saying he likely did) in fact I wouldn't be surprised to find out anything! So many questions left unanswered! So many things glossed over! Every detail is usually important, but in this trial that's not the case. The whole thing seems really half a**ed to me. So how did he get home that day?? Why did they go together? Such an incomplete story is being told. Possible Carmel and her troop think these details are not important, but from some one else's fresh perspective maybe they are? We may never know and may be missing huge important details? i would really like to see a cold case review now as I would imagine a lot more would be found!

Actually, on further consideration - and assuming BRE was acting completely rationally which I seriously doubt - he'd have gone via Fremantle, South St, Ranford Rd, and Warton or Southern River Rd.

This is assuming he hadn't worked out a disposal plan yet which is quite probable. He'd got lucky in catching a victim but as in KK he wasn't really sure what to do. So a guess is he returned to Huntingdale to stash SS in his empty house in Fountain Way and then went to work only to take the next day off to do the actual disposal. This leaves open the disposal location and I'm tending strongly towards the scarp.
Yep! Not a chance in the world he backtracked anywhere north of the river to get anywhere in the east from Mosman Park. Im not familiar with the back roads SOR, but he was. Considering only where he lived at the time and the location of the family holiday home tells us he knew those roads. Even if he didn't, Fremantle is the logical place to continue through unless she's been somewhere near to Claremont all along.

I too think he may have taken her to Huntingdale first though, whether planned, or to buy some time to formulate one, its a logical location that was empty, completely private and he was 100% familiar with. However if he didn't go there at all, I seriously doubt an easterly location was where he would have gone & think its far more likely that you would stay south and do whatever you were going to do without first needing to travel the length of suburbia & then some for no reason when you could leave her anywhere south in 1/4 of the time.

I used to subscribe to the eastern location when realising the southern & northern points passed through Claremont & the line theory was as good a reason as any to think there may be another line extending west to east beginning either at the OBH, being the location both Sarah and Jane attended prior to being in Claremont or from Cott in consideration of JCs vehicle. It was also an easy justification to narrow down any potential location of SS considerably. I discounted JC fairly quickly because it just didn't seem to fit for me & I ruled it out completely after realising the reason police suggested to JCs family that she may have been the first victim was because of the apparent connection between her & LW via a class they'd shared at uni. I knew they were barking up the wrong tree then for sure, so that was out. The line from the OBH would mean he knew SS was there earlier that night and although he may have, I don't see it being such an important detail that would inevitably see it essentially become the starting point of the whole CSK thing. Nothing suggests to me that was the case & unless it holds some personal significance we can't identify, CG was never there so it loses all appeal for me too.
I doubt there was any planning of lines from the outset & see no reason it would begin further west of Clarenont if there was. He may have considered it afterwards, as late as CG, but not from the start.

If Sarah had been the 3rd girl taken and not the 1st, going east would gain the most traction IMO with a position chosen in relation to the others. Perhaps beginning in Claremont and extending at 90degrees to the other 2 girls or passing through another place important to him for one reason or another, but thats the only potential for him taking her east IMO & it wasnt the case so I'd suggest he went to the closest location he knew from where he was at the time & if she's not well hidden somewhere quite close to Claremont, I think she's most likely to be somewhere south as well.

Yep! Not a chance in the world he backtracked anywhere north of the river to get anywhere in the east from Mosman Park. Im not familiar with the back roads SOR, but he was. Considering only where he lived at the time and the location of the family holiday home tells us he knew those roads. Even if he didn't, Fremantle is the logical place to continue through unless she's been somewhere near to Claremont all along.

I too think he may have taken her to Huntingdale first though, whether planned, or to buy some time to formulate one, its a logical location that was empty, completely private and he was 100% familiar with. However if he didn't go there at all, I seriously doubt an easterly location was where he would have gone & think its far more likely that you would stay south and do whatever you were going to do without first needing to travel the length of suburbia & then some for no reason when you could leave her anywhere south in 1/4 of the time.

I used to subscribe to the eastern location when realising the southern & northern points passed through Claremont & the line theory was as good a reason as any to think there may be another line extending west to east beginning either at the OBH, being the location both Sarah and Jane attended prior to being in Claremont or from Cott in consideration of JCs vehicle. It was also an easy justification to narrow down any potential location of SS considerably. I discounted JC fairly quickly because it just didn't seem to fit for me & I ruled it out completely after realising the reason police suggested to JCs family that she may have been the first victim was because of the apparent connection between her & LW via a class they'd shared at uni. I knew they were barking up the wrong tree then for sure, so that was out. The line from the OBH would mean he knew SS was there earlier that night and although he may have, I don't see it being such an important detail that would inevitably see it essentially become the starting point of the whole CSK thing. Nothing suggests to me that was the case & unless it holds some personal significance we can't identify, CG was never there so it loses all appeal for me too.
I doubt there was any planning of lines from the outset & see no reason it would begin further west of Clarenont if there was. He may have considered it afterwards, as late as CG, but not from the start.

If Sarah had been the 3rd girl taken and not the 1st, going east would gain the most traction IMO with a position chosen in relation to the others. Perhaps beginning in Claremont and extending at 90degrees to the other 2 girls or passing through another place important to him for one reason or another, but thats the only potential for him taking her east IMO & it wasnt the case so I'd suggest he went to the closest location he knew from where he was at the time & if she's not well hidden somewhere quite close to Claremont, I think she's most likely to be somewhere south as well.

There are whole bunch of places he could have stashed her. Luckily an awful lot will have self excluded over the years due to the number of people wandering through. CG was found relatively quickly but as the site was used for fly-tipping it wouldn't be long before she was discovered. JR would also have been eventually found by people clearing the mandatory firebreaks

Reducing the solution space should be relatively easy. A couple of heuristics help.

1. The dump site will be no more than 50m from a road navigable by a two wheel drive car
2. The dump site will be in a location that sees very little foot traffic

So having a chat to uncle google and getting say the past 5 years anonymised GPS position data in the perth metro area starts to give us a working heat map.
Then either using Google or Landgate for road data will give us the 50 metres either side of road. Do a mashup of the two together and you will get a map with remarkably few locations to search (that is places rarely visited that are also within 50m of a 2WD road).

Other heuristics I considered include:

3. Closeness to a horse establishment (KK, CG, JR). However given the number of bloody horse joints in Perth metro and hills it's not very discriminatory
4. Avoidance of inhabited places; but KK was within 50 metres of houses which I put that down to inherent risk taking behaviour from whatever fuse has gone in his brain
5. Accessibility to Huntingdale. There are a couple of prospective locations that are a straightforward short drive from Huntingdale, particularly Welshpool Rd East and Brookton Highway. JR was 30 minutes from Huntingdale.

6. Add on known fly-tipping locations. Dumping bodies and dumping rubbish have the same general requirements. He may have got lucky and SS was on the right side of a log to not be noticed.

There are whole bunch of places he could have stashed her. Luckily an awful lot will have self excluded over the years due to the number of people wandering through. CG was found relatively quickly but as the site was used for fly-tipping it wouldn't be long before she was discovered. JR would also have been eventually found by people clearing the mandatory firebreaks

Reducing the solution space should be relatively easy. A couple of heuristics help.

1. The dump site will be no more than 50m from a road navigable by a two wheel drive car

So having a chat to uncle google and getting say the past 5 years anonymised GPS position data in the perth metro area starts to give us a working heat map.
Then either using Google or Landgate for road data will give us the 50 metres either side of road. Do a mashup of the two together and you will get a map with remarkably few locations to search (that is places rarely visited that are also within 50m of a 2WD road).

3. Closeness to a horse establishment (KK, CG, JR). However given the number of bloody horse joints in Perth metro and hills it's not very discriminatory
4. Avoidance of inhabited places; but KK was within 50 metres of houses which I put that down to inherent risk taking behaviour from whatever fuse has gone in his brain
5. Accessibility to Huntingdale. There are a couple of prospective locations that are a straightforward short drive from Huntingdale, particularly Welshpool Rd East and Brookton Highway. JR was 30 minutes from Huntingdale.

6. Add on known fly-tipping locations. Dumping bodies and dumping rubbish have the same general requirements. He may have got lucky and SS was on the right side of a log to not be noticed.

30 minutes drive from Huntingdale

1594196567468.png

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he rented a unit (not saying he likely did) in fact I wouldn't be surprised to find out anything! So many questions left unanswered! So many things glossed over! Every detail is usually important, but in this trial that's not the case. The whole thing seems really half a**ed to me. So how did he get home that day?? Why did they go together? Such an incomplete story is being told. Possible Carmel and her troop think these details are not important, but from some one else's fresh perspective maybe they are? We may never know and may be missing huge important details? i would really like to see a cold case review now as I would imagine a lot more would be found!
I wasn't thinking it was a rented place, instead an empty building, in which he'd perhaps gained access via an unlocked window. It would appear he's kept a lot to himself and Special Crimes have needed to piece it together, much like what we've been doing. It won't be until the trial and any possible appeals are over that we'll hear incidents from the public. I'm thinking, be prepared for a plethora of stories.

If at all, he'd been prowling at KK we may well hear from locals about stolen clothing too and whatever else he might have been doing. At the entrance of KK there's a café perhaps someone might remember him being a regular who had popped in to purchase something. I'm sure people will come forward.

Nearby Kings Park has a lot of very secluded spots where young couples go for privacy. I wonder if he'd ever peeped on any of those.

So, on Fri 26 Jan the accused had dinner with Wife No. 1s family and she chose not to watch the fireworks with him, so he left (about 9pm). Maybe under the circumstances he headed somewhere familiar, where he felt comfortable (arriving 10ish). Perhaps he had a drink somewhere like the OBH Cottesloe and left when it closed 12pm. It was a summer evening with lots of people out-and about including stragglers who'd left the Claremont Speedway (11pm) who may have stopped locally for a drink. That would mean he drove around for two hours waiting for it to quieten down enough, to scout for the right person to abduct.

For SS to willingly get in the car he probably didn't smell of alcohol. According to the taxi firm SS wanted to go to Mosman Park, therefore maybe the accused had agreed to take her to Mosman Park, and appears he did, hence the screams heard. If from Mosman Park SS was taken to Huntingdale, that would mean she was gagged or rendered unconscious. He was known to put cloth in the mouth i.e. HH. (Mosman Pk to Huntingdale that's about 30mins drive).

Whilst at the Fountain Way property it was probably possible to drive under the carport and enter through the backdoor. That time of morning none of the neighbours would have seen anything (approx. 3am). He lived alone with full privacy and no one expected to arrive at 3am.

The following day the accused worked from 8am until 9.45pm, which is as late as was probably permittable. Perhaps he worked to avoid going home until it was dark. As he worked until 9.45pm he probably arrived home about 10.15pm when he may have driven somewhere remote to perform a drop.

If the scenario above is somewhat accurate, it doesn't fit in with JRs demise because screams were heard near the area she was eventually found. Unless when JR was abducted and killed the accused had moved out of the Fountain Way property, and no longer had access. I don't know if it became a rental.

Last edited:
The dump site will be in a location that sees very little foot traffic

There are whole bunch of places he could have stashed her. Luckily an awful lot will have self excluded over the years due to the number of people wandering through.

He may have got lucky and SS was on the right side of a log to not be noticed.
You commented the other day that the area had to be one that wasnt very well frequented and as usual, I write my reply elsewhere and generally dont get around to posting them. That reply was no different. I cant find your original post now but have noticed alot of edited comments so perhaps it no longer exists. The below reply was to your original post but it was along the same vein as others things you said here.

I think there's the key right there Jezza, "not well frequented".

Wherever SS is, it doesn't have to be a large area nor one particularly secluded, especially if she wasn't alive when she was left, it just needs to be somewhere that isn't well frequented by people for whatever reason. It could be an area barely the size of a housing block smack bang in the suburbs provided no one goes in there, or perhaps cant access the area to find her.

I used to look after a friends daughter for a brief time in Munster and often wandered the neighbourhood with the pram trying to get her to sleep, but mostly trying to find my way back to her house again after coming across bizarre chunks of bush that seemed so out of place & cut randomly through the middle of a residential street. So I'd follow the path to see where they went and often found myself lost. I was always struck by how short the distance I could easily see into the area & how inaccessible it was, although it was right there with houses on either side and no fence to ensure everyone kept out. But you dont go in there. Turns out the majority are parts of the Beeliar Wetlands. Most had varying degrees of water, some you could just catch a glimpse of here and there but all just seemed to be a mass of trees, roots, grasses & god knows what else. I used to take whatever path was closest just to see where it went and whether it was all as well hidden as it appeared, & most were. Any one of them would have been a prime position for anyone looking to stash a body where it would never be found & all you'd need were the balls to go in there to begin with. The most I was ever game to go was about 2m before my foot would have needed to placed somewhere I couldnt see clearly and I'd chicken out, but someone who had a reason for risking a snake bite would have the guts to do it I'm sure.

Thats when it dawned on me that she really could be anywhere at all and the distance from people or the seclusion we imagine you'd need, didnt at all correlate with the distance you would have to go to find the area. You just need to know of one that exists & the best place to enter it & it would be all of 5m that you'd have to go in before something would be well concealed from anyones view. Find a large log in there too and it really couldn't be any easier for a 6ft plus male to do in no more than 5mins without even leaving the suburbs & no one would ever know.

I wasn't thinking it was a rented place, instead an empty building, in which he'd perhaps gained access via an unlocked window. It would appear he's kept a lot to himself and Special Crimes have needed to piece it together, much like what we've been doing. It won't be until the trial and any possible appeals are over that we'll hear incidents from the public. I'm thinking, be prepared for a plethora of stories.

If at all, he'd been prowling at KK we may well hear from locals about stolen clothing too and whatever else he might have been doing. At the entrance of KK there's a café perhaps someone might remember him being a regular who had popped in to purchase something. I'm sure people will come forward.

Nearby Kings Park has a lot of very secluded spots where young couples go for privacy. I wonder if he'd ever peeped on any of those.
Good point about BRE possibly stealing clothing in this area too,I hadn't even thought about this before!! I wonder if this has been looked into? Probably not

So a guess is he returned to Huntingdale to stash SS in his empty house in Fountain Way and then went to work only to take the next day off to do the actual disposal.
I too think he may have taken her to Huntingdale first.
Re-reading the decision on the admissibility of evidence from the last hearing 21-22Oct19, we may have to reconsider him going back to Huntingdale. According to DF and EC, they both still lived there at the time & I think I recall a Water Corp bill or something similar being produced to back that up in trial.
Finished 3 hours earlier than BRE & started 2 hours later!
Why would they go to work together! I'd suggest his wife was mistaken. She said she recalled it was a really hot day and he came to fix the aircon before work arriving at their house at 7.20am. We know it wasn't a hot day & it makes no sense he'd turn up in Thornlie 40mins before he's due to start work in West Perth & planned to fix the aircon first as well. I think she has her days mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back