Climate change is the "pivot point" of Australian politics: party allegiances are ded

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, agree.

Have to turn the science into emotion that allows people to accept the change that's needed.
Have just noticed this thread and feel compelled to comment on this post.

This is exactly the WRONG way to approach it.

There is way too much emotion, mistruths, hysterics associated coming from the climate change movement.

The skeptics are so because they are logical thinkers. They see straight through the emotion, the mistruths. Cold hard facts are what is required.

Don't blame everything on climate change.

Don't homoginise historical data to suit the climate change narrative.

Don't remove on-line articles from news websites when in hindsight the narrative no longer works to the benefit of pro-climate change.

Don't overstate the impact of climate change.

Just be honest. Just give the facts.

There is way too much emotion, mistruths, hysterics associated coming from the climate change movement.

The skeptics are so because they are logical thinkers. They see straight through the emotion, the mistruths. Cold hard facts are what is required.

Don't remove on-line articles from news websites when in hindsight the narrative no longer works to the benefit of pro-climate change.

I'd suggest an ordered transition might be a sensible approach, a realistic plan acknowledging what China will do, what India must do.

Most of the west deep down doesnt want to hamstring itself and let China continue to grow.
China have demonstrated they do not respect intellectual property and patent laws, this feeds a large part of the fear in the west of the growth of China.

The problem at the moment is the left side of politics (Labor/Greens/Democrats)are stuck between a rock and a hard place due to their anti-Trump sentiments.

This makes them appear pro China which goes against their “Climate Change” mantra where China produces the most CO2 emissions.

The left will continue to align themselves with China (and by doing so be shooting themselves in the foot) until either Trump gets impeached or Trump fails to get re-elected.

China are the key to their climate objectives yet no one on the left side of politics has the balls to stand up to them currently.

The lefts hopes of a climate resolution lay with the Democrats coming in to power in the USA and have the balls to force China into renewable energy.

It beats me how anyone is going to force China away from coal and into renewables. Tariffs, embargos ?yeah right

After Trumps little Trade War I doubt the Democrats would go there which to me says they’ll just accept the status quo anyway and it’s back to square one.

This must be a parallel universe crossover, because that's the opposite of how I'd describe most climate science skeptics. I'd even say that most are overly emotional, especially here on BigFooty.

This must be a parallel universe crossover, because that's the opposite of how I'd describe most climate science skeptics. I'd even say that most are overly emotional, especially here on BigFooty.

It’s a funny universe we live in because I see the complete contrary of this with climate alarmists. I’d go as far to say they are the most emotional.

It’s a funny universe we live in because I see the complete contrary of this with climate alarmists. I’d go as far to say they are the most emotional.

Oh ok, my opinion is changed now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Facts don't mean s**t these days, facts are useless.

Stories are what generates change, stories are what win elections, and stories are about emotion.

Go and bark at the moon somewhere else, this thread is for serious discussion.

Facts don't mean s**t these days, facts are useless.

Stories are what generates change, stories are what win elections, and stories are about emotion.
Clearly that is not the case.

Otherwise, why are we 30 years into the climate change movement, with no material change.

Talk about barking at the moon, surely that is exactly what you folk have been doing for the past three decades...

Maybe you need to arrange more protests?

Clearly that is not the case.

Otherwise, why are we 30 years into the climate change movement, with no material change.

Talk about barking at the moon, surely that is exactly what you folk have been doing for the past three decades...

Maybe you need to arrange more protests?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because the same people who killed the mining tax stone dead, and killed the carbon tax are killing any action on emissions?

The billionaires who can literally buy elections - Rinehart, Palmer, Forrest etc.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because the same people who killed the mining tax stone dead, and killed the carbon tax are killing any action on emissions?

The billionaires who can literally buy elections - Rinehart, Palmer, Forrest etc.

Is that just a cop put, its someone elses fault ... we saw what Clive got for his money.

Until someone/anyone comes up with a plan that is acceptable to the ballot box the extremes on both sides will grab the headlines.

Is that just a cop put, its someone elses fault ... we saw what Clive got for his money.

Until someone/anyone comes up with a plan that is acceptable to the ballot box the extremes on both sides will grab the headlines.

But ANY plan will be made "unacceptable to the ballot box" by the people I mentioned above.

That’s up there with the “moon landing was faked” and “the Holocaust did not happen”

It is already done. Abbott poisoned the idea of any price on carbon - which is the first step on any serious emissions reductions policy.

It was brilliant politics to win from opposition, it cost Turnbull his job, and Morrison used it again.

It works though because the message is repeated through supportive media and the lobbying/advertising of the people I mentioned above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back