Coaching assistant roles to the stay the same in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Good point. It's not like Gia is working with a midfield all under 25, no competitive ruck and our best contested ball player unavailable, is it? Not to mention injuries to Dahl and Macrae. Its obviously Gia's fault that our midfield is struggling.

We're currently 9th in the comp for stoppages and 17th for scoring so if you want to continue tilting at windmills Ash Hansen might be a better target. Or all of our coaches. If we had decent coaches I'm certain we would be threepeating this year. It's nothing to do with our list age or injuries.

I answered your question honestly and without animosity but yes by all means lets bring the conversation back round to how much you love Daniel Giansiracusa.

Stop dribbling mate, it's embarrassing.

Word on SEN this morning Jarryd Roughead has met with Bevo and looking forward to his new role as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs next year

Is that the same Jarryd Roughead who’s playing on in 2019?

Bit of a conflict of interest you’d have thought playing for Hawthorn while coaching us.

Is that the same Jarryd Roughead who’s playing on in 2019?

Bit of a conflict of interest you’d have thought playing for Hawthorn while coaching us.
Or could be something else. Maybe that would suggest he'd do a Mitchell type thing. Play for us for a year and move into coaching after. Not that I would want that at all, even if it gives good leadership.

The team was one of the worst in the league for converting inside 50s to goals in 2016, which is probably part of the forward line coaches role.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
had nothing to do with injuries? yes we did have big IF50 number in 2016 but you have to look at the players we had kicking into the final 3rd, shallow entries plus our manic pressure to get the ball back meant we often had repeat entries. once our team settled and we got players playing their preferred roles those numbers improved in the finals.

If you look at the raw data for 2016 across the board we stack up well, in fact we were rated 2-4 in most areas. we did win 15 games and were 3 games clear from lolnorf in 8th.

Didn't we think that about Hall and Cloke? I know Roughie is good, but I feel like it is better to let our kids learn the old fashioned way.

To be fair both Jones and Grant looked pretty good next to Hall. He has since said they both lacked the tank/application too.

To be fair both Jones and Grant looked pretty good next to Hall. He has since said they both lacked the tank/application too.
Maybe that is even more reason. Maybe part of the problem is they were playing with a gun in their early days so they plateaued based on a false belief they already had what it took? I just don't think it ever really works in the long run to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we don't need someone who can develop key forwards as individual players, we need someone who can implement a solid system and structure for the entire forward 50. I've been watching our forwards all run to the same spot and all jump at the ball like u12's for seven years, it's disgusting, I'm sick of it.

Imo we don't need someone who can develop key forwards as individual players, we need someone who can implement a solid system and structure for the entire forward 50. I've been watching our forwards all run to the same spot and all jump at the ball like u12's for seven years, it's disgusting, I'm sick of it.
Most of the time yeah. 2015 was a lot different and damn were we fun to watch that year.

The only way we would get Roughy as a player/coach would be if Hawks get Lynch which I think is more and more likely as time goes on.

I do like the idea of getting Rough but where does that leave us with his cousin? Would He come in if we are about to bone Jordan? Footy’s a tough business but that could be awkward at the family Christmas.

The only way we would get Roughy as a player/coach would be if Hawks get Lynch which I think is more and more likely as time goes on.

I do like the idea of getting Rough but where does that leave us with his cousin? Would He come in if we are about to bone Jordan? Footy’s a tough business but that could be awkward at the family Christmas.

Doubt it would be an issue. I'd be all for it at an okay cost. We need some more leaders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back