Media "Coffee with KohPhi" - A Season 26 Club preview * Roys reviewed*

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi there folks and welcome to the first "Coffee with KohPhi" round table chat where myself and a panel of SFA superstars will chat about aspects of every club's list coming in to S.26. So lets kick off proceedings with a look at the Gumbies. Firstly, its great to see the Gumbies, or should I say, Fryer Tuck jumping on the front foot during this pre season and having a crack at not only bringing some recruits to the club, but also working pretty hard at changing the image, or more to the point, putting out an image to the greater SFA different to the one of previous seasons which to be honest, screamed apathy at best and utter disdain for their own club history at worst.
Ok so let's welcome tonight's panel.. @Ant Bear.. 'Hi Koh'. @The Filth Wizard.. 'Where's the anti pasto platter you promised' @Yakker .. 'Evening folks' and @JoshWoodenSpoon.. "Yeee-haaa folks'.
View attachment 528003
SEASON 26 TEAM LIST
* - hotkorma
1. Jade
E - DERO
π - jmoo wan
4 - Jeremias
5 - Bucketss
7 - 06Premiers
9- WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10 - peterss
11 - scezza
13 - BLERN
14 - Golumless
15 - SM
16 - NSWCROW
19 - HawkPatrol
20 - Quivorir
21 - Uncle_Leo
23 - neal09
29 - winty
42 - StFly (LG)
44 - jd2010
60 - Fryer Tuck (LG)
69 - GWBogan
74 - 3121 premiers
90 - BRAB
94 - roo2macca
96 - MattWriting

OUT: 2121, matty_boy08, sjohns12 The City Boyz, swannies, Thomas9, (All delisted)
IN: neal09 (rookie), 3121 Premiers(From the Furies), BLERN (From the Warriors), BRAB (From the Hawks), Roo2Macca (From the Demons), WaLkEr_ThE_StAr (From the Wonders)

S.25 beez MVP Top 5 Club place getters

55 - SM
59 - StFly
70 - Quivorir
75 - Fryer Tuck
80 - hotkorma

hmmm.. hardly inspiring placings to be honest and really is indicative of how the Club performed as a whole in S.25. The question is, can the Club turn it around in S.26?

Ok.. Yakker, would you like to kick off proceedings..

List Health and Overall strength as a posting unit

Sure thing KohPhi. Here is my take on the Gumbies, The Gumbies, rightly or wrongly, have been branded a joke and widely thought of as a team that doesn't really pose much of a threat, funnily enough there perceived weakness is their greatest strength. This perception should be exploited by them!
So how would you rank their posters?
I would say new recruit BLERN fresh from an EKA along with Golumless are the Gumbies only elite Posters, with StFly, new Skipper Fryer tuck and Quiv falling in to the very good category.
Yeah I rate Golumless as a poster but I just don't think he gives a **** anymore, in my opinion he took the Club to pretty low ebb last season and will need to make up for it in S.26. BLERN is an interesting one, I really rate him but I just hope he doesn't burn out as he hit the Board pretty hard in his debut year. Interestingly, when I tried to recruit him to the Bombers, he mentioned he wanted to go to a Club that needed a bit of help, where he could help guide new rookies. Whilst I commend that and to me it speaks volume of his character, I do worry that as 2nd year poster, he may still be trying to find his own niche but kudos to him, I love his positivity and willingness to try and make the Gumbies better. The Warriors will definitely rue letting him go.
Do you think they wanted him to go?
No I don't, but I don't think they endeared themselves to him. Big Jodie had a bit of a veiled crack at him at one point and there wasn't much support for him. You would think a Club would do everything to keep a gun rookie happy, but that's another discussion.

The injection of new blood from the Bombers board helped the Gumbies early last season. That they are coming from the bottom and have a clean slate to work with is a huge advantage.
Welcome to the convo The Filth Wizard.
Cheers KohPhi, I'm still waiting for the anti Pasto platter! Anyway, the fact they are coming from the bottom and have a clean slate to work with is a huge advantage. BRAB and BLERN are excellent additions but both need to be working overtime to make the club their own, along with new captain Fryer Tuck.
Its a good point Filthy, there really is an opportunity to really set the club up in their own image so to speak, change the image and remove the "oh no, we have the Gumbies this week" attitude that to be honest, bar a couple of posters (St Fly and hotkorma) was all their own doing. So who do you think are their elite posters?
I think Fryer Tuck, Quivorir, BRAB are the Gumbies best with BLERN, StFly, SM a rung below. S.25 recruits hotkorma, Jade and jmoo wan had solid first seasons and with good Leadership, could make their way up the posting ranks.
I agree The Filth Wizard, jmoo wan , has the potential to really move up the ranks and hotkorma and DERO have super potential. They have some great new talent and if the new skip Fryer Tuck can get them working together as a cohesive unit to come out and stomp the opposition I think they will catch a few by surprise.

OK lads, at this point lets see what Ant Bear thinks. AB, who do you think is the Gumbies posting "elite"?
I don't think the have an elite poster as such with hotkorma being very good. StFly and Fryer Tuck are their 'solid citizens'.
Well that's to the point, no messing around with AB, says it how he sees it. Fryer Tuck is an interesting one, I rated his rookie year then he dropped away significantly. Having said that, everything I've seen from him so far in the Pre Season and in the Committee room suggests he is fully invested and will take the re-building or rejuvenation of the Gumbies under his wing.

Well the only way is up - they couldn't possibly get worse.
I don't think they will be any worse, I think with BLERN and BRAB, they will be significantly better!
Well if it isn't S.25 beez MVP @JoshWoodenSpoon, welcome friend!
Howdy KohPhi, I've been listening to the round table chat and I cant believe BRAB isn't getting as much love as he should be. Along with BLERN, he will be one of their elite posters and it cannot be denied that he brings others into his conversations.
I agree wholeheartedly JWS, I think BRAB is one of the best going around and I think he will be fantastic for the Gumbies. My concern is he has moved clubs a few times now and I think his legacy to the League could really hinge on what he can do with the Gumbies over the next few seasons. I would be lying if I didn't have a bit of a desire to play at the same club as him at some stage in my SFA journey.
You're sick..
Thanks AB! :p
Along with StFly , Fryer Tuck, Quiv, Golumless, hotkorma and DERO , they can really become a far more active posting unit. Should be in half decent shape to begin the season. With concerted management from a few up top, and some rookie additions, they could find themselves on a promising path. Huge things shouldn't be expected, but with S25 as ground zero, one can see strides being made.

Need to lift and Rising Star
So we've chatted about who can take the Gumbies to new and better posting heights, so lets chat about who needs to lift? Again, I think Golumless owes the Gumbies big time. I also think SM needs to get his head out of his arse and quit the "Oh its the #insert any club here#, see you next week". He is a leader at that club and needs to start acting like one.
Harsh Koh??
Well not really AB, SM is a veteran and a decent poster and I think that if his heart isn't in it then just move on, but playing the whole "see you next week" line is pretty weak and he is better than that. To me, it seemed StFly and hotkorma flew the Gumbies flag admirably last season, but they deserved better.
I think the Leadership Group needs to lift as a whole.
Yeah I agree JWS, but I'm confident FT and BLERN will do just that.
Needs to lift - peterss, Bucketss, winty.
Id agree.... but I don't really know who they are! :huh: we we can only hope that changes this season. Si who do we think will be their shining light, their rising star in S.26? I'm thinking one of the Bombers Board recruits from S.25, maybe hotkorma to really stamp himself.
jmoo wan..
neal09..
DERO..
neal09 - could be anything, The Josh Green Trio

Areas of improvement
For me, its simple. BE ACTIVE. In the Bombers match thread, hotkorma made up more than half of the total Gumbies posts. I don't think that will be a problem with BLERN and BRAB to be honest.

Shake off, no, smash to smithereens the inactive tag. Get into the match threads and stick it to the opposition. Show the league they mean business from the opening round.

Participation and leadership..
Consistency. No other team drops off as the season goes on like the Gumbies. Obviously a lack of onfield success contributes to that. HawkPatrol going missing mid season also hurt as he was firming as one of their best posters.
The squad... TOO MUCH DEAD WEIGHT. The Gumbies have been hanging on for so long that the same names appear on their squad sheets well past their use by date. It's time to freshen up and remove about five regular names as rookies/recruits come in... that means thank you and goodbye to peterss, Bucketss, winty, blokes whose careers were over by S20.

Clean-out at the bottom end. Need to sweep through and plant some new green shoots, which I understand bring prosperity extremely quickly and apparently. Can peterss pull through and offer something. Some more officious leadership this season is a must, as some early footholds are evident.

Ok, so its pretty obvious that we are all on the same page here. Activity and leadership are the two areas that the Gumbies lacked last season. From a Leadership perspective, FT is making all the right noises, lets see if this translates to increased activity as S.26 rolls on.

Ideal recruit

Ok, so looking at the list, who do you think would be the ideal recruit for the Gumbies if they could pick any poster in the league. Considering that lack of activity was one of their biggest issues, I cant think of anyone better than BLERN to be honest. But considering he is there already, I would say Tony Lynn 15 would be the perfect recruit for the Gumbies. He is extremely active, can take the piss which would lighten up their match threads a fair bit, but its TL's activity around the Board that would really strengthen the Gumbies brand I think.
BLERN. simple.
Realistically, Season 23-24 The Filth Wizard who was not only the best at building a list at the time but was also an MVP poster in one of those seasons. Of course, there's no magic dust to make that happen so they'd love to hit a posting unit from another club, like KohPhi/TheCoach16/Tony Lynn 15 or SSwans2011/NickCC/EJW. Otherwise they need a real mongrel to work off BRAB, like brahj or Blacky.
KohPhi loves it when you refer to yourself in the third person Filthy.. Look I think Golumless can be that 'mongrel'if he has the time and inclination to do so.

Dingster..
Yakker but they can't have me. Having said that I think they nailed it with BLERN. Last years EKA winner will certainly ensure the match threads get the attention they deserve. Outside of that maybe TheDarkDwarf would have been a good recruit. Luckily Mt Buller snagged him. He is going to be a down in the trenches brawler who takes no s**t. Just what the Gumbies need.

Trade bait

So lets hypothesise and pretend there is an SFA Trade Period where a club could offer a player for trade to try and recruit a player to cover a perceived weakness in the team posting style. We've identified that leadership and activity are two areas lacking from the Gumbies and whilst it looks like these areas have been addressed, we wont know until a Qootball is kicked in anger and S.26 is well under way. Some of the recruits we have mentioned such as Tony Lynn 15 , The Filth Wizard, Dingster and Yakker would all add leadership and activity to the club, but who could they use as a lure?
Golumless, SM, Quivorir - time for the Gumbies to step away from any "Boys Club" ties and stand on their own feet.
Maybe another club thinks they can crank up the enticing jmoo wan? Perhaps Quiv eyes some fun elsewhere?
I'm sure Quiv would hold appeal somewhere but Id definitely try and lure jmoo wan to the Bombers if one of my Blues Brothersd wanted a change of scenery.
The Gumbies would want to trade up as they are in rebuild mode so I'd say swing Quiv out for NickCC . He has the edginess along with the activity the Gumbies need right now.
SM..
Yeah I could see SM needing a change of scenery. He has Wonder written all over him :D. Maybe a NickCC for SM swap?

View attachment 528098

Oh look.. the anti pasto platter has arrived.
About bloody time KohPhi..

KohPhi's Questions...

To be honest, I'm quite bullish on how the Gumbies will perform in S.26. They have recruited as well as any club so far which is great, but they are a varied bunch that's for sure.

Will Fryer tuck and the LG be able to mold these completely different personalities into a cohesive match thread posting unit?
3121 premiers, BRAB, BLERN and roo2macca will all eventually gel together and work to compliment each others posting styles. But for me the real question is whether the Club stalwarts will warm and accept some of them. I think FT may have his work cut out with this one.

Has Fryer Tuck got the strength in personality to get the best out of the Gumbie old timers?
It may be a challenge but with the support of StFly, I think he will acquit himself well.

Will BRAB be the glue that brings this club together or will he try and divide and conquer?
Who the **** knows.

Will BLERN be another that falls to the EKA curse and slowly fades away?
Nope. I'm expecting BLERN to make his way to beez Top 10 status in S.26 and go from strength to strength.

Stay tuned for our next "Coffee with KohPhi"round table chat where we will look at the Warriors list.

Cheers for all the love guys :thumbsu:

I have no intention of going anywhere. Or burning out anytime soon. Have been steadily creating things for the season for the last few weeks to reveal at the appropriate times.

Hopefully you enjoy my slightly adapted persona. Which strangely enough is basically exactly the same as my original persona, just better.

Cheers for all the love guys :thumbsu:

I have no intention of going anywhere. Or burning out anytime soon. Have been steadily creating things for the season for the last few weeks to reveal at the appropriate times.

Hopefully you enjoy my slightly adapted persona. Which strangely enough is basically exactly the same as my original persona, just better.

Have to say, I've never heard anybody say that they intend to burn out :D

Have to say, I've never heard anybody say that they intend to burn out :D
I have had a few PM's asking why i have been less active. I hadnt really thought i had been.

Been working away on things and sometimes forget to check BF. I spent about 5 hours today after the footy trying to finish off spreadsheets and forgot to check in.

Very unBLERN like

I have had a few PM's asking why i have been less active. I hadnt really thought i had been.

Been working away on things and sometimes forget to check BF. I spent about 5 hours today after the footy trying to finish off spreadsheets and forgot to check in.

Very unBLERN like

I'm outBLERNing BLERN.

I'm outBLERNing BLERN.
You have a long way to go, and a username change before your name will be used as a pronoun for overactive posting.

kdavvaing a thread just doesnt have the same ring to it as BLERNing.

You have a long way to go, and a username change before your name will be used as a pronoun for overactive posting.

kdavvaing a thread just doesnt have the same ring to it as BLERNing.

Cadavering?

Always getting my Blue's and Red's mixed up!!
:huh::)
It looks as though you may be getting your collectives mixed up with your possessives too cap'n.

Some private tuition should sort that out

Hi there folks and welcome to the first "Coffee with KohPhi" round table chat where myself and a panel of SFA superstars will chat about aspects of every club's list coming in to S.26. So lets kick off proceedings with a look at the Gumbies. Firstly, its great to see the Gumbies, or should I say, Fryer Tuck jumping on the front foot during this pre season and having a crack at not only bringing some recruits to the club, but also working pretty hard at changing the image, or more to the point, putting out an image to the greater SFA different to the one of previous seasons which to be honest, screamed apathy at best and utter disdain for their own club history at worst.
Ok so let's welcome tonight's panel.. @Ant Bear.. 'Hi Koh'. @The Filth Wizard.. 'Where's the anti pasto platter you promised' @Yakker .. 'Evening folks' and @JoshWoodenSpoon.. "Yeee-haaa folks'.
View attachment 528003
SEASON 26 TEAM LIST
* - hotkorma
1. Jade
E - DERO
π - jmoo wan
4 - Jeremias
5 - Bucketss
7 - 06Premiers
9- WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10 - peterss
11 - scezza
13 - BLERN
14 - Golumless
15 - SM
16 - NSWCROW
19 - HawkPatrol
20 - Quivorir
21 - Uncle_Leo
23 - neal09
29 - winty
42 - StFly (LG)
44 - jd2010
60 - Fryer Tuck (LG)
69 - GWBogan
74 - 3121 premiers
90 - BRAB
94 - roo2macca
96 - MattWriting

OUT: 2121, matty_boy08, sjohns12 The City Boyz, swannies, Thomas9, (All delisted)
IN: neal09 (rookie), 3121 Premiers(From the Furies), BLERN (From the Warriors), BRAB (From the Hawks), Roo2Macca (From the Demons), WaLkEr_ThE_StAr (From the Wonders)

55 - SM
59 - StFly
70 - Quivorir
75 - Fryer Tuck
80 - hotkorma

hmmm.. hardly inspiring placings to be honest and really is indicative of how the Club performed as a whole in S.25. The question is, can the Club turn it around in S.26?

Sure thing KohPhi. Here is my take on the Gumbies, The Gumbies, rightly or wrongly, have been branded a joke and widely thought of as a team that doesn't really pose much of a threat, funnily enough there perceived weakness is their greatest strength. This perception should be exploited by them!
I would say new recruit BLERN fresh from an EKA along with Golumless are the Gumbies only elite Posters, with StFly, new Skipper Fryer tuck and Quiv falling in to the very good category.
Yeah I rate Golumless as a poster but I just don't think he gives a **** anymore, in my opinion he took the Club to pretty low ebb last season and will need to make up for it in S.26. BLERN is an interesting one, I really rate him but I just hope he doesn't burn out as he hit the Board pretty hard in his debut year. Interestingly, when I tried to recruit him to the Bombers, he mentioned he wanted to go to a Club that needed a bit of help, where he could help guide new rookies. Whilst I commend that and to me it speaks volume of his character, I do worry that as 2nd year poster, he may still be trying to find his own niche but kudos to him, I love his positivity and willingness to try and make the Gumbies better. The Warriors will definitely rue letting him go.
No I don't, but I don't think they endeared themselves to him. Big Jodie had a bit of a veiled crack at him at one point and there wasn't much support for him. You would think a Club would do everything to keep a gun rookie happy, but that's another discussion.

The injection of new blood from the Bombers board helped the Gumbies early last season. That they are coming from the bottom and have a clean slate to work with is a huge advantage.
Cheers KohPhi, I'm still waiting for the anti Pasto platter! Anyway, the fact they are coming from the bottom and have a clean slate to work with is a huge advantage. BRAB and BLERN are excellent additions but both need to be working overtime to make the club their own, along with new captain Fryer Tuck.
Its a good point Filthy, there really is an opportunity to really set the club up in their own image so to speak, change the image and remove the "oh no, we have the Gumbies this week" attitude that to be honest, bar a couple of posters (St Fly and hotkorma) was all their own doing. So who do you think are their elite posters?
I think Fryer Tuck, Quivorir, BRAB are the Gumbies best with BLERN, StFly, SM a rung below. S.25 recruits hotkorma, Jade and jmoo wan had solid first seasons and with good Leadership, could make their way up the posting ranks.
I agree The Filth Wizard, jmoo wan , has the potential to really move up the ranks and hotkorma and DERO have super potential. They have some great new talent and if the new skip Fryer Tuck can get them working together as a cohesive unit to come out and stomp the opposition I think they will catch a few by surprise.

OK lads, at this point lets see what Ant Bear thinks. AB, who do you think is the Gumbies posting "elite"?
I don't think the have an elite poster as such with hotkorma being very good. StFly and Fryer Tuck are their 'solid citizens'.
Well that's to the point, no messing around with AB, says it how he sees it. Fryer Tuck is an interesting one, I rated his rookie year then he dropped away significantly. Having said that, everything I've seen from him so far in the Pre Season and in the Committee room suggests he is fully invested and will take the re-building or rejuvenation of the Gumbies under his wing.

I don't think they will be any worse, I think with BLERN and BRAB, they will be significantly better!
Howdy KohPhi, I've been listening to the round table chat and I cant believe BRAB isn't getting as much love as he should be. Along with BLERN, he will be one of their elite posters and it cannot be denied that he brings others into his conversations.
I agree wholeheartedly JWS, I think BRAB is one of the best going around and I think he will be fantastic for the Gumbies. My concern is he has moved clubs a few times now and I think his legacy to the League could really hinge on what he can do with the Gumbies over the next few seasons. I would be lying if I didn't have a bit of a desire to play at the same club as him at some stage in my SFA journey.
You're sick..
Along with StFly , Fryer Tuck, Quiv, Golumless, hotkorma and DERO , they can really become a far more active posting unit. Should be in half decent shape to begin the season. With concerted management from a few up top, and some rookie additions, they could find themselves on a promising path. Huge things shouldn't be expected, but with S25 as ground zero, one can see strides being made.

So we've chatted about who can take the Gumbies to new and better posting heights, so lets chat about who needs to lift? Again, I think Golumless owes the Gumbies big time. I also think SM needs to get his head out of his arse and quit the "Oh its the #insert any club here#, see you next week". He is a leader at that club and needs to start acting like one.
Harsh Koh??
Well not really AB, SM is a veteran and a decent poster and I think that if his heart isn't in it then just move on, but playing the whole "see you next week" line is pretty weak and he is better than that. To me, it seemed StFly and hotkorma flew the Gumbies flag admirably last season, but they deserved better.
Id agree.... but I don't really know who they are! :huh: we we can only hope that changes this season. Si who do we think will be their shining light, their rising star in S.26? I'm thinking one of the Bombers Board recruits from S.25, maybe hotkorma to really stamp himself.
jmoo wan..
neal09..
DERO..

Areas of improvement
For me, its simple. BE ACTIVE. In the Bombers match thread, hotkorma made up more than half of the total Gumbies posts. I don't think that will be a problem with BLERN and BRAB to be honest.

Shake off, no, smash to smithereens the inactive tag. Get into the match threads and stick it to the opposition. Show the league they mean business from the opening round.

Consistency. No other team drops off as the season goes on like the Gumbies. Obviously a lack of onfield success contributes to that. HawkPatrol going missing mid season also hurt as he was firming as one of their best posters.
The squad... TOO MUCH DEAD WEIGHT. The Gumbies have been hanging on for so long that the same names appear on their squad sheets well past their use by date. It's time to freshen up and remove about five regular names as rookies/recruits come in... that means thank you and goodbye to peterss, Bucketss, winty, blokes whose careers were over by S20.

Clean-out at the bottom end. Need to sweep through and plant some new green shoots, which I understand bring prosperity extremely quickly and apparently. Can peterss pull through and offer something. Some more officious leadership this season is a must, as some early footholds are evident.

Ok, so its pretty obvious that we are all on the same page here. Activity and leadership are the two areas that the Gumbies lacked last season. From a Leadership perspective, FT is making all the right noises, lets see if this translates to increased activity as S.26 rolls on.

Ideal recruit

Ok, so looking at the list, who do you think would be the ideal recruit for the Gumbies if they could pick any poster in the league. Considering that lack of activity was one of their biggest issues, I cant think of anyone better than BLERN to be honest. But considering he is there already, I would say Tony Lynn 15 would be the perfect recruit for the Gumbies. He is extremely active, can take the piss which would lighten up their match threads a fair bit, but its TL's activity around the Board that would really strengthen the Gumbies brand I think.
BLERN. simple.
Realistically, Season 23-24 The Filth Wizard who was not only the best at building a list at the time but was also an MVP poster in one of those seasons. Of course, there's no magic dust to make that happen so they'd love to hit a posting unit from another club, like KohPhi/TheCoach16/Tony Lynn 15 or SSwans2011/NickCC/EJW. Otherwise they need a real mongrel to work off BRAB, like brahj or Blacky.
KohPhi loves it when you refer to yourself in the third person Filthy.. Look I think Golumless can be that 'mongrel'if he has the time and inclination to do so.

Dingster..
Yakker but they can't have me. Having said that I think they nailed it with BLERN. Last years EKA winner will certainly ensure the match threads get the attention they deserve. Outside of that maybe TheDarkDwarf would have been a good recruit. Luckily Mt Buller snagged him. He is going to be a down in the trenches brawler who takes no s**t. Just what the Gumbies need.

Trade bait

So lets hypothesise and pretend there is an SFA Trade Period where a club could offer a player for trade to try and recruit a player to cover a perceived weakness in the team posting style. We've identified that leadership and activity are two areas lacking from the Gumbies and whilst it looks like these areas have been addressed, we wont know until a Qootball is kicked in anger and S.26 is well under way. Some of the recruits we have mentioned such as Tony Lynn 15 , The Filth Wizard, Dingster and Yakker would all add leadership and activity to the club, but who could they use as a lure?
Golumless, SM, Quivorir - time for the Gumbies to step away from any "Boys Club" ties and stand on their own feet.
Maybe another club thinks they can crank up the enticing jmoo wan? Perhaps Quiv eyes some fun elsewhere?
I'm sure Quiv would hold appeal somewhere but Id definitely try and lure jmoo wan to the Bombers if one of my Blues Brothersd wanted a change of scenery.
The Gumbies would want to trade up as they are in rebuild mode so I'd say swing Quiv out for NickCC . He has the edginess along with the activity the Gumbies need right now.
SM..
Yeah I could see SM needing a change of scenery. He has Wonder written all over him :D. Maybe a NickCC for SM swap?

View attachment 528098

KohPhi's Questions...

To be honest, I'm quite bullish on how the Gumbies will perform in S.26. They have recruited as well as any club so far which is great, but they are a varied bunch that's for sure.

Will Fryer tuck and the LG be able to mold these completely different personalities into a cohesive match thread posting unit?
3121 premiers, BRAB, BLERN and roo2macca will all eventually gel together and work to compliment each others posting styles. But for me the real question is whether the Club stalwarts will warm and accept some of them. I think FT may have his work cut out with this one.

Has Fryer Tuck got the strength in personality to get the best out of the Gumbie old timers?
It may be a challenge but with the support of StFly, I think he will acquit himself well.

Will BRAB be the glue that brings this club together or will he try and divide and conquer?
Who the **** knows.

Nope. I'm expecting BLERN to make his way to beez Top 10 status in S.26 and go from strength to strength.

Stay tuned for our next "Coffee with KohPhi"round table chat where we will look at the Warriors list.

Great stuff KohPhi, I should have read all of this by the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff KohPhi, I should have read all of this by the end of the season.

I'm just the humble host of this superb production. The true stars are my elite panel and special guests.

View attachment 528003
SEASON 26 TEAM LIST
* - hotkorma
1. Jade
E - DERO
π - jmoo wan
4 - Jeremias
5 - Bucketss
7 - 06Premiers
9- WaLkEr_ThE_StAr
10 - peterss
11 - scezza
13 - BLERN
14 - Golumless
15 - SM
16 - NSWCROW
19 - HawkPatrol
20 - Quivorir
21 - Uncle_Leo
23 - neal09
29 - winty
42 - StFly (LG)
44 - jd2010
60 - Fryer Tuck (LG)
69 - GWBogan
74 - 3121 premiers
90 - BRAB
94 - roo2macca
96 - MattWriting

55 - SM
59 - StFly
70 - Quivorir
75 - Fryer Tuck
80 - hotkorma

You're sick..

Harsh Koh??
jmoo wan..
neal09..
DERO..

Areas of improvement

Ideal recruit

BLERN. simple.

Dingster..

Trade bait

SM..

View attachment 528098

KohPhi's Questions...

Who the **** knows.

I enjoyed this very much. It was insightful and colourful...
KohPhi, if you can actually maintain this standard for every chapter (team) of this thread, it will be some kind of achievement...

I would like to question one of the panelists though. The Filth Wizard .

When discussing “ideal recruits”, TFW named himself. That’s fine, he’s one of the best in my view, and would make a great recruit for any club. No issue there.

HOWEVER, he goes on to say, and I’m paraphrasing, that an alternative to himself would be a “posting unit from another club like KohPhi /TheCoach16/ Tony Lynn 15 ...”

So Wiz, you believe you’re the equivalent of, or the preferred option, to a combination of three of the best posters in the league.

My word. Someone has an over inflated opinion of themselves. I shouldn’t be surprised.

KohPhi, if you can actually maintain this standard for every chapter (team) of this thread, it will be some kind of achievement...

When discussing “ideal recruits”, TFW named himself. That’s fine, he’s one of the best in my view, and would make a great recruit for any club. No issue there.

HOWEVER, he goes on to say, and I’m paraphrasing, that an alternative to himself would be a “posting unit from another club like KohPhi /TheCoach16/ Tony Lynn 15 ...”

So Wiz, you believe you’re the equivalent of, or the preferred option, to a combination of three of the best posters in the league.

My word. Someone has an over inflated opinion of themselves. I shouldn’t be surprised.

Dude it’s not news that The Filth Wizard is in love with himself... word is before he met his missus he used the sleep with a mirror.

I am a beez MVP Medal runner up mate. I don't GIF anymore.
As the reigning 24th place-getter in the S25 BEEZ, I assume gifs are still on the table for me?*

*Please note that IDGAF, I'll still be giffing the hell out of S26.
giphy.gif

Correct.

No, not really... I think you probably missed the point of the comment. I mentioned "Season 23-24 The Filth Wizard who was not only the best at building a list at the time..." (a known league fact). The inference is quite clear that I would be going to a club (or me from two seasons back) to build it from scratch meaning it would be me and many other players joining, to settle the hard feelings for you.

It was actually a serious point though, I think teams that are successful have chemistry. The perpetual strugglers go on recruitment drives and I've noticed over the years many of them go for quantity, cheer that they brought in six rookies and none of them are sighted a season later (the only exception I think I've seen is the Bombers from a couple of seasons back). What sets a team up is a group that gels well... the quick fix, in this instance, is taking a trifecta from another club, instant chemistry. It's the ideal option, not necessarily a realistic one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back