Personal Experience Coincidences in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a good one the other day.

I am a pub musician, and I was chatting to the manager of a joint I play at in Melbourne. Don't know each other that well but had a few small chats in the few times I have played gigs there.

Anyway we were talking about living in London to which he says he used to manage pubs there, in his time there he managed three pubs in total.

When I lived in London, I played at only three venues, and played them multiple times, let's say 5 times at one, ten times at another and one about 15. Sure enough , the exact three pubs I played at, he used to manage.

Pubs wernt connected by management trails etc... They were in different suburbs, and they were just the first three of 50 calls I made that gave me a shot.

Blows my mind.

My dad and I were spectator Marshall's at the first two Bathurst 24 hour races in the early 00's. At around 2am we were standing just down the hill from the top of skyline when my dad says "wouldn't it be funny if a car came down the hill, locked up the brakes and went straight into the wall", I kid you not, the very next car that appeared did exactly that, Gobsmacked my dad followed with "uh, it would be even funnier if the next car did the same and ran into the back of this one", sure enough the very next car did exactly that!

Strange moment!

I had one similar to this too.

Was watching the boxing day test a few years ago, chilling out with about four of us. Randomly my mate says just as siddle Is 1 metre away from the crease - bowled off stump really quickly. First time anyone had said anything like this .. just threw it out of nowhere. Sure enough....

Still won't shut up about it, and annoyingly tries unsuccessfully to repeat this far too often when the cricket is on

I had one similar to this too.

Was watching the boxing day test a few years ago, chilling out with about four of us. Randomly my mate says just as siddle Is 1 metre away from the crease - bowled off stump really quickly. First time anyone had said anything like this .. just threw it out of nowhere. Sure enough....

Still won't shut up about it, and annoyingly tries unsuccessfully to repeat this far too often when the cricket is on

I did something like this during the Ashes.
Was flicking through and switched to the cricket as Dad walked by. As the bowler was running in I said "He's going to be out". Sure enough, he was caught out at silly point.

How about this?

About ten minutes ago I opened this thread for the first time. Or at least a very long time.

Then a mate sends me a message telling me how a girl he met out last night works at EB Games. Earlier last night, he and I were having a conversation about girls who work at EB Games. I don't think we've ever broached the subject ever before.

So – talk about something we never see, meet a girl who conforms to that rare group, then string together the coincidence straight after reading about coincidences...

This happened just literally 2 minutes ago. I'm watching a Seinfeld re run and George is I hospital and bla blah blahhhh, but in a line jerry says, 'It's like the Montagues and Capulets'.

I laugh, stand up and walk to the fridge, open a Carlton draught and notice the writing on the lid... The question is...

What were the names of the opposing families in Romeo and Juliet?

I freaked.. It was within 7 seconds of each other... Or 6 steps. Yes I counted them.

Don't know why but often I will be watching the cricket and doing other stuff at the same time. Then I turn my head to fully watch a ball. That ball a wicket falls. Happen all the time.

Especially when I was a kid 8-10 I'd be swinging my bat around and not really watching intently and then I'd sit down, watch a ball an a wicket would fall.

I get this.

4:34 is another one I always see. Has happened ever since Australia made a then world record 434 in a one dayer, only to get beaten by South Africa. Have seen it ever since
i used to look at the clock at 11.11 a lot. but this was back when living with the folks and they had about five clicks in the living room so you kinda always had the clock in your line of sight. so i'd actually see the time a lot more than i realised and then i started to get in my head that the whole 11.11 thing was a big coincidence.

currently the only clocks i have are my laptop and my phone and i'm not always on either so the 11.11 thing hasn't been happening for a while.

Not a big or a freaky coincidence but the only one that comes to my mind at the moment. A couple of years ago on a flight from Brisbane to Los Angeles there were these two guys on the plane. Anyway a week and a half later my sister sees these guys staying at the same hotel as us in New York. Sure enough it was them and to add in an random fact, one of them was wearing a Brisbane jumper.

Edit: Just remembered a small coincidence now. Once I was talking to my friend and for no real reason, I decided to ask him if he's ever seen the movie Face/Off before. That night I get home and Face/Off is showing. Not sure if coincidence or whether I saw it on the TV guide before I left the house and noticed it subconsciously.

Last edited:
Not sure if its really a coincidence or more a premonition, but a story my mum always tells me about my grandma sends shivers up my spine.....

Back a long, long time ago my grandma and grandpa migrated from Cyprus to start a new life, this was back when they would communicate with relatives in Cyprus with letters. My grandma was laying in bed, at the brink of falling asleep, when suddenly she saw something bright at the end of her bed, so she looked up and saw her mother (who was back in Cyprus) with a tear rolling down her face. In shock, my grandma rubbed her eyes and looked back up to try and talk, but the figure was gone...

A few weeks later she received a letter from her family in Cyprus, the letter told her that her mother had passed away. When she read the date that she passed away, she quickly realised it was the night that she saw her mother in her room.....

My grandma was not one to tell lies at all, probably the most honest person i've ever known. I dont really believe in this kind of stuff, but i tell you what this almost has me sold

Always makes me shiver even just thinking about it!

Don't know why but often I will be watching the cricket and doing other stuff at the same time. Then I turn my head to fully watch a ball. That ball a wicket falls. Happen all the time.

Especially when I was a kid 8-10 I'd be swinging my bat around and not really watching intently and then I'd sit down, watch a ball an a wicket would fall.

Here's a nice cricket coincidence.

During the test match between South Africa and Australia on 11/11/11, at precisely 11:11 AM, SA were 125/1 chasing a target of 236. Thus requiring a further 111 runs to win.

I was at the MCG when Andrew Symonds made his first test 100. He was stuck in the 90's for quite a long time, I was getting bored so said to my mate that he should just smash it and get to his ton. An older gentleman turned to me and said it's a test match, he should take as long as he needs. I replied that he's on 94, he should hit a six and get it over with. He shook his head at me and sighed. A couple of balls later Symonds hit a six, I turned around but old mate was already walking off, never got to tell him I told you so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's two: 1 I lived at 1557 Albany Highway in Perth, moved to Fiji in 2013 and was allocated the home phone number 623-1557.

2 My mom's name is Eunice. When we moved to Toowoomba in 2007, my wife looked to find a rental house for us, and signed a contract on a house in Eunice Court (which is a very short street).

Not sure if its really a coincidence or more a premonition, but a story my mum always tells me about my grandma sends shivers up my spine.....

Back a long, long time ago my grandma and grandpa migrated from Cyprus to start a new life, this was back when they would communicate with relatives in Cyprus with letters. My grandma was laying in bed, at the brink of falling asleep, when suddenly she saw something bright at the end of her bed, so she looked up and saw her mother (who was back in Cyprus) with a tear rolling down her face. In shock, my grandma rubbed her eyes and looked back up to try and talk, but the figure was gone...

A few weeks later she received a letter from her family in Cyprus, the letter told her that her mother had passed away. When she read the date that she passed away, she quickly realised it was the night that she saw her mother in her room.....

My grandma was not one to tell lies at all, probably the most honest person i've ever known. I dont really believe in this kind of stuff, but i tell you what this almost has me sold

Always makes me shiver even just thinking about it!

That's not a coincidence, but it is an awesome story.

Here's two: 1 I lived at 1557 Albany Highway in Perth, moved to Fiji in 2013 and was allocated the home phone number 623-1557.

2 My mom's name is Eunice. When we moved to Toowoomba in 2007, my wife looked to find a rental house for us, and signed a contract on a house in Eunice Court (which is a very short street).
Toowoomba is a hole that I’ve never managed to leave since I was 9.

Coincidences are just a manifestation of recency/confirmation bias

Toowoomba is a hole that I’ve never managed to leave since I was 9.

I totally agree, mate. I stayed for six years then got pushed out of a job at the uni, never been back since. It's full of those LNP-landowner types.

Something that happens to me very regularly as someone who often works with tv on in the background. I will type a word and hear it on tv as I type it. These aren’t common words either like ‘and’ or ‘to’.

Happens so much, the most recent one I remember is the word ‘subscribe’.

Something that happens to me very regularly as someone who often works with tv on in the background. I will type a word and hear it on tv as I type it. These aren’t common words either like ‘and’ or ‘to’.

Happens so much, the most recent one I remember is the word ‘subscribe’.
I do this too. Or I'll type a word at thr same time someone says in in conversation around the office

Yeah this happens to me too, I think it would happen to everyone. I guess with the amount of words we speak every day, and the amount of media (TV, computer files etc) we consume each day, it's bound to happen, and we only remember the 5 or 6 times a year that it happens, rather than the thousands or millions that it doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back