Colin Wisbey's stephen Hill Profile

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to agree with chops about the comparisons. Palmer vs Masten is fine but Masten vs Palmer is not, if that makes any sense :p

Better comparisons would be Palmer vs Dangerfield or Ebert

And after saying all that making any comparisons with first or second year players is completely pointless.

Was looking for past/present Wisbey stuff on google and this thread popped up.

Hope it is not an unwelcome bump.

Ignoring the Palmer discussion I thought his profile on Hill seems to have been somewhat vindicated so far.

Quite accurate indeed and I seriously hope he reconsiders and releases more of his profiles after this years draft.

Ignoring the Palmer discussion I thought his profile on Hill seems to have been somewhat vindicated so far.

Quite accurate indeed and I seriously hope he reconsiders and releases more of his profiles after this years draft.
and hopefully idiots will lay off him. totally ruins it for the rest of us.

http://www.voy.com/51976/98258.html

Why did people have a problem with Wisbeys profiles?.
because people think recruiting is an exact science and wisbey should get it 100% right. as if every recruiting department doesnt make mistakes every year, let alone wisbey.

as a result, he has cut back on giving his profiles and ruins it for rest of us who appreciate that determinign how a player will turn out is difficult and look for a bit of inside information of what a recruit is like. he amits if his analysis is off (as i said most recruiters do get it wrong) but people use that to lay into him. most of the time, by a long way, he is more right than wrong. but because of a few idiots who dont understand anything, he has gotten pissed off and rightly so.

Maybe not as explicitly as you would like but said "runs hard and often". I think that snippet was a off the cuff statement, not a thought out profile so its harsh to judge Colin on that anyway. I personally think what Colin said was fair. Its just that Rhys adapted very well from day 1 which is an aspect of recruiting that cannot be predicted. Some players take to AFL like they were born for it, others with just as many junior accolades struggle to pick up the tempo ever.
that's called determination..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back