List Mgmt. Collingwood Father/Son Prospect Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Under the new system I think Stewart would more likely be a 'pie. Nomination and bidding previously occurred before trade week and knowing what picks we'd hold. A couple of players going out that year complicated things.

Jake Kelly (now Ade) was another f/s overlooked as we'd committed to re-drafting Gault as a rookie.

Interesting between the 4 players they'd fill similar roles. Potentially we could have had Kelly + Stewart instead of Gault + Ramsay.

James Stewart isn't a KPF. He's a 3rd tall who does a little the ruck, Same as Gault and White. He isn't good, He has nothing we need to become a better side. Kennedy should have been used as a small forward instead of mid and maybe he'd of got somewhere. Some supporters just wish we had Stewart because he's tall.

Do you know that? Did Hine tell you?
GWS took Stewart at 27. Our next live pick was 38 which ended up being Ramsay. Assuming GWS would have bid on Stewart if we nominated him with that same pick, Dave is 100% correct. We would have had to use the pick we used on Ramsay.

Just had a look back at that draft. Despite the fact that none of them are world beaters, Hine did bloody well. He picked up Grundy, Broomhead, Ramsay, Frost and Oxley, when nothing else was on offer.

If I had a time machine, I'd enforce Dawes' contract and take Broomhead a pick earlier. But I agree, Hine did very well given the draft and looking at not many good players were taken after Kennedy. That said the selection threads demanding Kennedy to come in where very annoying.

If I had a time machine, I'd enforce Dawes' contract and take Broomhead a pick earlier. But I agree, Hine did very well given the draft and looking at not many good players were taken after Kennedy. That said the selection threads demanding Kennedy to come in where very annoying.

Why would the club enforce Dawes' contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to have a Daicos in the team once again, lets hope he develops into a good player!
Even better, we could end up with two in the side! The younger brother seems to have been considered the best hope of making it for some time, if the older brother can impress this year it could well happen that we have two on our list soon enough.

how old are the 2 lads???
the thought of 2 daicos boys in a pies team wow hope it all goes well for them
I can't find the DoB for either, but Josh is draft eligible this year, so turns 18 in 2016. This was posted earlier in this thread, it's presumably correct:-

I can confirm he is born in the year 1998 and Nick is born in 2000 making there draft years 2016 and 2018

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/collingwood-father-son-prospect-thread.1090285/#post-37458780

Remove this Banner Ad

Back