List Mgmt. Collingwood FS & NGA "Peter Daicos Academy" kids

Remove this Banner Ad

It just makes sense
He's probably been on the radar for a number of years. Been in our academy, taught by his dad, won multiple BnF''s at local level.
Has real potential when you think he has ways to go on the physical development side.

He's really smart. High footy IQ. a great runner. Ran a 2km in about 6min when he was 15 (I recorded it at the time lol)

Too 25 for 2025.

Thomas-Mcguane.90c43fe.jpg

THOMAS McGUANE​

Club: Victoria Metro/Western Jets/Keilor FC/Maribyrnong Sports Academy
Height: 177cm
DOB: 27/08/07
A small midfielder or forward, McGuane showed glimpses of his talent when representing Vic Metro at under-16 level last year. He has clean hands, while strong decision-making is another key asset. McGuane made an impressive start to his bottom-age campaign with the Jets this year, averaging 25.5 disposals in his first six matches. The highlight was a game against Northern Territory, where he recorded 38 disposals, 10 marks and nine inside-50s. His ability to create by hand and with his neat left-foot kick were features of that breakout performance. A must-watch player over the next 18 months, he is the son of former Collingwood dual-Copeland Trophy winner and premiership star Mick McGuane. While his dad also had a brief stint with Carlton, Thomas is only father-son eligible for the Magpies

Last edited:
Too 25 for 2025.

THOMAS McGUANE​

A small midfielder or forward, McGuane showed glimpses of his talent when representing Vic Metro at under-16 level last year. He has clean hands, while strong decision-making is another key asset. McGuane made an impressive start to his bottom-age campaign with the Jets this year, averaging 25.5 disposals in his first six matches. The highlight was a game against Northern Territory, where he recorded 38 disposals, 10 marks and nine inside-50s. His ability to create by hand and with his neat left-foot kick were features of that breakout performance. A must-watch player over the next 18 months, he is the son of former Collingwood dual-Copeland Trophy winner and premiership star Mick McGuane. While his dad also had a brief stint with Carlton, Thomas is only father-son eligible for the Magpies

God dammit I’d erased that disgusting memory from my mind until you posted this.

Too 25 for 2025.

THOMAS McGUANE​

Who said he’s not quick? That’s the first time I’ve heard that.
I'm just referring to the fact that in a write-up like the one above, his pace isn't mentioned, which, if it was an absolute weapon of his, would be clearly stated.

I'm just referring to the fact that in a write-up like the one above, his pace isn't mentioned, which, if it was an absolute weapon of his, would be clearly stated.
It’s not mentioned as a weakness either though. Usually things like that are only brought up if there’s a glaring strength or deficiency, so the best we can say at the moment is he’s probably quickish but not lightning.

#7 Thomas McGuane
Midfielder | 177cm | 27/08/2007
Stats: 31 disposals, 6 inside 50s, 1 goal

Collingwood fans will be buoyed by the performance of their future father-son prospect, who collected over 30 touches for the second time this season. Playing full-time in midfield, the bottom-ager was most lively on the outside where he could snatch metres and utilise his left-foot kicking to launch into attack, including for an outrageous goal from the boundary in term two. McGuane also got his hands on the inside ball and was quite tidy in tough conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 Thomas McGuane
Midfielder | 177cm | 27/08/2007
Stats: 31 disposals, 6 inside 50s, 1 goal

Collingwood fans will be buoyed by the performance of their future father-son prospect, who collected over 30 touches for the second time this season. Playing full-time in midfield, the bottom-ager was most lively on the outside where he could snatch metres and utilise his left-foot kicking to launch into attack, including for an outrageous goal from the boundary in term two. McGuane also got his hands on the inside ball and was quite tidy in tough conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hopefully grows another 20cms!

Too 25 for 2025.

THOMAS McGUANE​

Excited for this! What will be the new FS rules though in terms of what we need to pay

Heard several times that young Thomas projects as a VFL level player. These don’t seem like numbers a bottom ager gets who’s destined for the lower leagues.
If you've heard it several times then can you provide any links? I've heard draft experts like Cal Twomey say he looks a future AFL player so someone is going to be really wrong.

Last edited:
Excited for this! What will be the new FS rules though in terms of what we need to pay

Who knows. If Moore was a year older we’d have gotten him for a 3rd round pick instead of having to match a bid. Can’t see FS changes becoming more favorable for us in the next iteration.

I've you've heard it several times then can you provide any links? I've heard draft experts like Cal Twomey say he looks a future AFL player so someone is going to be really wrong.
Hi Carl. I know you’re trying to get a one-up here, but that was an inside thing. There are no links, just another poster on here who knows a scout or two, who’s already responded. Better luck next time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we can lock him in. His numbers as a 16yo are amazing. We've taken chances on FS's that are a lot worse than him. When Mick's your old man, you know he's going to give the boy the best possible chance.
I think you are right he does project as someone we will draft, with the draft 18 mths away he may well end up being 15 to 20 pick.
I think he is neither fast or slow but his decision making is fast and more importantly right on the money he will be a steal when we draft him,I have been watching his progress since he 1st came to the club when he was about 14 and the signs were very good but they are getting better very rapidly.

Ps his dad was not very fast either but he had a fast brain and knew which option to take and his match analysis is right up there on Buck,s and Fly,s level, a very good footy brain is Mick and Thomas himself has those traits.

Last edited:
I think you are right he does project as someone we will draft, with the draft 18 mths away he may well end up being 15 to 20 pick.
I think he is neither fast or slow but his decision making is fast and more importantly right on the money he will be a steal when we draft him,I have been watching his progress since he 1st came to the club when he was about 14 and the signs were very good but they are getting better very rapidly.

Ps his dad was not very fast either but he had a fast brain and knew which option to take and his match analysis is right up there on Buck,s and Fly,s level, a very good footy brain is Mick and Thomas himself has those traits.
He can’t of been slow didn’t he famously take 10 bounces and run round 8 tackles v the Scum?

Hi Carl. I know you’re trying to get a one-up here, but that was an inside thing. There are no links, just another poster on here who knows a scout or two, who’s already responded. Better luck next time.
Just a guess that there aren't any scouts who don't think young Tom won't be on an AFL list in 18 months time, just spitting truths. The poster who knows these scouts might want to get a refresher.

Just a guess that there aren't any scouts who don't think young Tom won't be on an AFL list in 18 months time, just spitting truths. The poster who knows these scouts might want to get a refresher.

That’s a lot of negatives in one sentence, friend. If my calculations are correct you’re saying all the recruiters think he’s going undrafted. Seems unlikely.

Your spitting you opinion, like you always do. Enough with the lame catchphrases, there’s still 18 months till his draft and plenty of water to go under the bridge. We can all agree he’s looking very promising at this point.

That’s a lot of negatives in one sentence, friend. If my calculations are correct you’re saying all the recruiters think he’s going undrafted. Seems unlikely.
"There are not any scouts who do not think young Tom will not be on an AFL list ..."

Bit of a cluster

Splitting an opinion? Recruiters love Tom, he'll be playing for Collingwood, there aren't any apart from fakes ones that don't exist who think he won't, just the truth, some people struggle with reading and comprehension.
If you go back a year or so they were less sure. This year he has really produced as one of the younger kids.

At 172cm and 58kg, those recruiters were well within their rights to have doubts on him 12 month's ago. Why are you using last years assessment as a guide to this and next years assessment. No one here doesn't think he won't be picked up next year. It seems you are arguing for the sake of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back