List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1962813
This is a wall in Yarraville of such an iconic image for our club. This kid already has great history at Footscray, his profile itself is super important to us, his potential is far from peaked. We’ve also supported him through some tough times, so probably owes us a bit. If you want him, you’ll have to pay way more than the salt and vinegar chips offered on this thread. He’s ours, we want and need him and he needs us (he doesn’t quite understand this because he is still immature). Develop your own or get discards, it’s worked great recently, why change?
The Hopper trade of future first and pick 31 seems the best recent comparison to me.

View attachment 1962813
This is a wall in Yarraville of such an iconic image for our club. This kid already has great history at Footscray, his profile itself is super important to us, his potential is far from peaked. We’ve also supported him through some tough times, so probably owes us a bit. If you want him, you’ll have to pay way more than the salt and vinegar chips offered on this thread. He’s ours, we want and need him and he needs us (he doesn’t quite understand this because he is still immature). Develop your own or get discards, it’s worked great recently, why change?
It's quite simple when you put it like that - pay him what he's worth then.

View attachment 1962813
Iconic image? Is the right arm too big or the lefty withered?

Baz is a Xavier kid from East Malvern. He has spent enough time working in the wrong part of town.

I’ve changed my mind about Long.

I don’t think Long is a guarantee to be picked up in the MSD. I can also see him being passed on at the end of the year by us and others.

He has enough raw statistics to suggest he’s worth taking a punt on but he also has some issues in his game.

About 3 times more import and twice as dynamic as Hooper. You guys want him? You guys pay, simple, he’s ours at the moment, it’s up to you to make it happen. We held Dunkley out for two years and will do so again. Dunkley then helped us into a grand final so it was worthwhile.
I understand + sympathise w where you’re coming from but the landscape has changed, esp in regard to OOC players
We’ll see how this all plays out but I suspect, just like Collingwood believed w Ollie Henry, what they’re worth and what you get are often vastly different

About 3 times more import and twice as dynamic as Hooper. You guys want him? You guys pay, simple, he’s ours at the moment, it’s up to you to make it happen. We held Dunkley out for two years and will do so again. Dunkley then helped us into a grand final so it was worthwhile.
You are going to be very disappointed

IMG_0185.gif

Last edited:
Pretty hard to hold a bloke out of contract. If the Hawks finish last, he can just walk there in the pre-season draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s ours, we want and need him and he needs us (he doesn’t quite understand this because he is still immature).
Does he come to understand this before or after he doesn’t sign the contract you’re offering him?

Seriously, you sound like you’re trying to reboot the Twilight franchise; get a grip.

I’m not talking up the Carlton ruck 😂
Yeah I know. I was talking about Beggy - who played a poor game whether he was rucking against an AFL player or not.

Second worst performance on the weekend in the VFL of the players who played most of the game (eg. Steene went off).

My thoughts exactly.

Is the first part of the statement trying to appease the inclusion of future 1st in Schultz trade?
Are the "mixed messages" by design.

I can only conclude we're bringing in "quality players" via 2nd + 3rd rounders...

Certainly Hill was quality for a 2nd. But the language naturally leads one to think of players who’d command a 1st.

I don’t see how we get Bailey done

We’ve already given up this years first rounder. We’d have to give up another 2 season of first rounders wouldn’t we?

Don’t see the Bulldogs taking anything less but I guess we can hope

Hopefully the combination of our environment and playing with his besties in the Daicos brothers means we’d potentially get the best out of him and at his best he’s a pretty good player.
Wait, are you trying to say that the dogs would demand 2 first rounders for a player who’s form has been questionable since the end of 2021, has a history of mental health issues and is coming off an ACL?

…really?

I mean, at his best that trade price might be justified, but Smith hasn’t been at his best for a long time. Any team trading for him will be making a bet they can get him back to his best. You pay two firsts for players at their peak, banking on them maintaining that for at least 5 years, not guys like Smith who might never reach their original heights again.

Hill was a first round selection any other year. Only because of cancer his price was reduced.

He was contracted for another year when he tried to get to Essendon. We got him as he was coming out of contract.

I find it interesting clubs and players can openly speculate these days. More so clubs.

I remember when Lin Jong toured Collingwood during the season. Then the uproar after that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back