23Legend

All Australian
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Wonders, Lakers, Double Blues, SA
The Eagles do it, wear coloured shorts in away games. I personally like the look of the traditonal white shorts but in some cases, like West Coast's it works. What do all you reckon?

NOTE: I'm pretty damn sure that no one has done this before.

It works best when it creates a larger contrast between the two teams. No point having a team with a blue guernsey and white shorts playing a team with a white guernsey and blue shorts.

Only twice can I recall the Eagles doing this mate, excluding games away to Sydney (in which everyone wears coloured shorts); last year and in 2007 against North Melbourne at Etihad and Canberra respectively.

As many know, I am all for the white short tradition - except in some specific circumstances (though WCE should have a gold away strip to prevent this).

I like the idea of Richmond wearing yellow shorts in away games from time to time..

2007:
Yellow-shorts_lge.jpg

would work for Essendon as well with red shorts

Bombers brought back red shorts with the wide-sash clash strip.

I remember a fish and chip shop I used to frequent had a pic of club captains from 1981 or so... Essendon and Footscray had the red shorts, Fitzroy had yellow shorts. Can't remember the others.

Bombers brought back red shorts with the wide-sash clash strip.

I remember a fish and chip shop I used to frequent had a pic of club captains from 1981 or so... Essendon and Footscray had the red shorts, Fitzroy had yellow shorts. Can't remember the others.

The pic you speak of was from 1975 when color TV was first introduced.

Footscray switched to blue shorts in 1979, Fitzroy stopped wearing gold shorts after 1975.

Essendon last wore their red shorts as a permanent fixture in 1981.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends what guernsey goes with it, a gold guernsey with gold shorts suits, but a white guernsey with gold shorts obviously doesn't

I thought 23Legend left BigFooty?

Depends what guernsey goes with it, a gold guernsey with gold shorts suits, but a white guernsey with gold shorts obviously doesn't

I thought 23Legend left BigFooty?

You seriously bought that?

In my defence Smeagle, it is difficult to spot sarcasm when it is typed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back