Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And ‘Sam Newman’ doesn’t appear in the doco because no one else is retrospectively inserted..not Goodes, not Eddie, not anyone

Whether or not he appears on the Project afterwards is a contractural issue

But having said that there is a multitude of platforms for Sam to explain himself of which he has already made a mess of this year

Oh I see, selective editing.

Basically the same thing as declining Newman's offer to appear in the doco, whilst utilising him "prominently" in the thing.
Of course he can't just appear on a rival channel, but I doubt that would have been an issue with documentary makers.

Not sure why you're being obtuse on this particular issue but once again, owing to the fact that the entire documentary was edited from contemporaneous television footage and radio recordings, there was no opportunity to interview Newman for this documentary without changing the entire format of the documentary. What you are talking about is quite simply not the film they were making. Using previously broadcast material from the time was the point. Turning it into a current affairs debate was not the point. You can argue the selective editing inherent in their approach but to insist they change their format to suit Newman is missing the point.

The hysterical pro-Essendon bias in commentating is turning off neutrals (and I don't consider myself a neutral when Essendon are playing).

The gameday threads are full of it.

The AFL Industry of which Channel Timmy Wwatson is the air force is desperately trying to make people forget that team has convicted dopers running around, it won't work.

The hysterical pro-Essendon bias in commentating is turning off neutrals (and I don't consider myself a neutral when Essendon are playing).

The gameday threads are full of it.

The AFL Industry of which Channel Timmy Wwatson is the air force is desperately trying to make people forget that team has convicted dopers running around, it won't work.
It was at the same barracking levels as last week.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

They should have teamed her up against Heppell to make it a fair fight.

There were two female Essendon supporters walking past North supporters after our match, slapping passers by in North gear. They were pulled into line by other Bombers supporters, though.

The irony being that they would squeal like pigs if someone turned around and wopped them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact?

"I spoke about what Adam Goodes did on the football field, not what he is, in answer to a specific question on the footy show by Garry Lyon" - Newman

Here's the clip:

Gee this bloke is a total ******* isn't he.

Is anyone watching the Offsiders. Caro the silly cow is banging on about our process again and Rhys and Arch running the show.

What’s the over under for any of the footy shows mentioning the umpiring this morning? My bet is won’t even be discussed

Sunday Footy Show did; first off the cab....and they all thought it was a howler and posted a Dangerfield tweet

Wow
How good is this article !! sums up our whole thread. Journalist must barrack for north, never seen someone stand up for us like this.

"
That was one thing but the umpiring in the Saturday night match between Brisbane and North Melbourne was another.
As the Lions roared at the Gabba they were given a massive piggyback into the game by the umpires, who blew free after free, after free for the Lions in the third term — the peak stupidity came when one umpire seemingly paid a free to North for a block but was then screamed out of it by Brisbane veteran Luke Hodge and Brisbane were paid the mark.
Luke Hodge friend to umpires everywhere.

The scenes defied belief.But that was just the tip of the iceberg.Game on the line and suddenly Brisbane forward Oscar McInerney was awarded a soft free kick as he crumpled to the ground after good bodywork from North defender Scott Thompson.

The umpire blew the free kick, the Big O kicked the goal and most punters and analysts were left mystified, none moreso than North coach Rhyce Shaw.
“That’s certainly a difficult one. It’s interesting that he marked the ball,” Shaw said.
“The pressure of the game, the players make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. I’m not sure that I understood it. That’s just the way it is. I can’t do anything about that now — the game’s done.”
The decision pretty much ended North’s season — and the AFL admitted the decision was incorrect.
“The AFL Umpiring Department advises the free kick awarded to Brisbane Lions’ Oscar McInerney against North Melbourne’s Scott Thompson in the fourth quarter of last night’s match at The Gabba was incorrect,” an Umpiring department statement read.
But if sport is a business, and it is, North stand to lose a lot by not playing finals, so when will the AFL stand up and make an example of bad decisions, in the case of round 18, two obvious blunders made by the umpires?""

Last edited:
Lets get one thing straight.

Mistakes made while playing the game are very different from mistake made while umpiring.

When an umpire makes the mistake of paying a free that did not exist it means he is making s**t up, full stop.

When its reversed and they make a mistake by NOT PAYING a free because they didn't see what actually transpired, then its fine and part of any adjudicated game - suck up the boos and get on with umpiring knowing you did the right thing. Making s**t up by guessing what happened is what needs to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back