Mod. Notice Competitions: READ BEFORE POSTING A COMPETITION

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt we'd be able to get it up for a start around this years' Superbowl with FIRA and the start of a new school year and would be a bit rushed. I was thinking a start after CAN-AM finishes in August to coincide with the beginning of next years' NFL season in September :)

Good time frame because NFL is on the top of everyones mind around then. Be mindful that 3/4 exams will be on throughout October and November so maybe an earlier design process?

Good time frame because NFL is on the top of everyones mind around then. Be mindful that 3/4 exams will be on throughout October and November so maybe an earlier design process?
Yeah I was thinking of franchise bidding around august to start off just as the NFL season does. CAN-AM begins mid-June IIRC so this should give a good amount of time to get designs in before a September start.

Yeah I was thinking of franchise bidding around august to start off just as the NFL season does. CAN-AM begins mid-June IIRC so this should give a good amount of time to get designs in before a September start.

Can-Am begins around the beginning of July. Bids and design phase is usually around June.

September is so far away when we're at the pointy end of the NFL season right now and for the next 5 weeks.

ABA will be well and truly done by the Superbowl, as will T20 I imagine, with CCRC probably half way through it's season. The design phase for all 3 of those is complete. Ideally you'd probably spread those out a bit more, but it is important to have the design phase of these comps happen while interest in the league is at it's peak. FIRA is due 27/1/19.

Basically, I don't see why we couldn't have an American Football thread go up mid January, with teams announced the day after FIRA is due, which is the start of Superbowl week, give every 3 or 4 weeks to work on their entries and go from there.

I imagine it would only be a fairly short comp with only a home and away uniform designed?

I'll enter whenever it's running, and September makes sense in the lead up to the start of the season as well, but i'm half way through my FIRA design and i'd love something new to sink my teeth into after that. :)

September is so far away when we're at the pointy end of the NFL season right now and for the next 5 weeks.

ABA will be well and truly done by the Superbowl, as will T20 I imagine, with CCRC probably half way through it's season. The design phase for all 3 of those is complete. Ideally you'd probably spread those out a bit more, but it is important to have the design phase of these comps happen while interest in the league is at it's peak. FIRA is due 27/1/19.

Basically, I don't see why we couldn't have an American Football thread go up mid January, with teams announced the day after FIRA is due, which is the start of Superbowl week, give every 3 or 4 weeks to work on their entries and go from there.

I imagine it would only be a fairly short comp with only a home and away uniform designed?

I'll enter whenever it's running, and September makes sense in the lead up to the start of the season as well, but i'm half way through my FIRA design and i'd love something new to sink my teeth into after that. :)
I would love to get it running this time of the year, even if just to "test the market" for a Gridiron competition. I'm just concerned with announcing the comp mid-Jan, give 4 weeks to design and by then it'd be a week or so after SB53. I wouldn't want to take time away from people designing for an already established comp like FIRA.

Though I imagine it'd be a simple competition as you stated. A home, away and if necessary, a colour rush (which could simply be a home jersey + away pants).

Overall, I like the idea of a short, simple competition that can be used to gauge interest and help guide whether this would be a viable thing in the future. On my other post announcing it I only got about 6 likes, so if there is demand, I will find time to provide :)

Though I imagine it'd be a simple competition as you stated. A home, away and if necessary, a colour rush (which could simply be a home jersey + away pants).

If this were to go ahead, NO COLOUR RUSH. It is dead in the NFL (teams still use them, but the concept is dead in the water as was seen this season with the relaxation in the must wear it on Thursdays rule) and should not be seen on here. If you want a 3rd kit, make it a heritage.

If this were to go ahead, NO COLOUR RUSH. It is dead in the NFL (teams still use them, but the concept is dead in the water as was seen this season with the relaxation in the must wear it on Thursdays rule) and should not be seen on here. If you want a 3rd kit, make it a heritage.
Oh yeah I like the idea of a throwback far more anyway.
Don't get why the hate for the colour rush match ups last season. Aside from the fact it was conceived merely as a money-making scheme, they were exciting, aesthetically pleasing and provided vibrant contrast. In every sense, they looked cool :)

As I said though, colour rush really isn't that hard to do anyway, just combine your home top with away pants such that it's one colour and boom.

Nope, nope and nope (see Bills vs Jets colourblind match). Nope.
Well that's simply your opinion. The Jets vs Bills game I wasn't actually aware of until now and it looks as though this could've been easily addressed when the NFL approved said colour rush uniforms and the matchups they would appear in, not actually a problem with the idea of the uniforms themselves (excl. the Jaguars 2017 "dialysis yellow" colour rush uniforms which were horrendous).

A few images I found on google highlight what colour rush should be all about:

I think there's a place for T20 and ABA regularly moving forward but to squeeze an NFL style comp in it would have to be in the same sort of time period. Mid-Jan is probably pushing things a little too late but is the best time out of a pretty packed period.

A possible solution would be to combine an NBA/NHL/NFL style comp into one with design and submissions to come after T20 Australia. Pull CRCC into rugby season somewhere between Can Am and FLO and there should be plenty of time after NAFL/NAFLR to have two summer comps.

I could definitely have moved ABA to a little later on in the NBA season, there are still months left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's simply your opinion. The Jets vs Bills game I wasn't actually aware of until now and it looks as though this could've been easily addressed when the NFL approved said colour rush uniforms and the matchups they would appear in, not actually a problem with the idea of the uniforms themselves (excl. the Jaguars 2017 "dialysis yellow" colour rush uniforms which were horrendous).

A few images I found on google highlight what colour rush should be all about:

I will admit that some teams looked good in colour rush uniforms (Redskins, Bengals, Falcons, Cowboys, Browns, Patriots {though white pants would have made this set look even better}, Giants, and Steelers).

But the majority (especially those with certain colours {Rams yellow, Titans light blue, Jets green, even the Seahawks lime green - with blue pants this would have been a great set, but all lime was too much}) was too much colour overload.

The other issue was that some teams chose the wrong colours to wear (Detroit grey, Bills red, Eagles black, Bears orange).

Had the idea been wearing an alternate unique uniform, but not forcing teams into wearing neck to toe single colour (in some cases head to toe) may have worked, several teams colour rush kits would have been fantastic had they been able to wear contrasting pants colours (Jacksonville are a prime example of this, as are the Rams).

I will admit that some teams looked good in colour rush uniforms (Redskins, Bengals, Falcons, Cowboys, Browns, Patriots {though white pants would have made this set look even better}, Giants, and Steelers).

But the majority (especially those with certain colours {Rams yellow, Titans light blue, Jets green, even the Seahawks lime green - with blue pants this would have been a great set, but all lime was too much}) was too much colour overload.

The other issue was that some teams chose the wrong colours to wear (Detroit grey, Bills red, Eagles black, Bears orange).

Had the idea been wearing an alternate unique uniform, but not forcing teams into wearing neck to toe single colour (in some cases head to toe) may have worked, several teams colour rush kits would have been fantastic had they been able to wear contrasting pants colours (Jacksonville are a prime example of this, as are the Rams).
Certainly agree with you that some of the uniforms are horrific.
Maybe in future the way to go is have teams wear (if at home) their regular home jersey+away pants to get the same effect while also not overloading with colour.

1546946073093.png

FJGD Cricket World Cup

Yes there is T20 Australia but how about an international competition to coincide with the Cricket World Cup in June.
We could have 10 teams however if there is more interest, we can add the countries that were in the qualifying tournament but did not end up qualifying.

We could either have a draft similar to the Basketball League or one where we put all the names in a hat and randomly draw counties for each of the users that confirm they will be entering.

You would only have to design a single playing strip and we can put the teams into polls (like we saw in 2015 World Cup).

Is there any interest in this comp to celebrate the Cricket World Cup?

So wait would I be being given one team to design for or would we all be designing for every team? Flesh out your concept a bit but overall I'm paying attention at this point.

So basically the same thing we did for the FIFA WC in last year?

Agree with adding the qualifiers if there is more interest. Luck of the draw with country you get picked to design (if your country has to go through qualifiers cause you got Nepal, though luck).
Yep, this. Same format and rules (provided fancyscum is ok with that). Worked a treat with the soccer and would be excellent for a one off comp.

That’s what I’m hoping he means. But instead of the FIFA format, we’d go with the ICC format of 10 teams and the qualifiers.
That is exactly what I mean and you will only need to design the team you get allocated
How many qualifiers are there these days? Whoever gets Kenya starts with an advantage!
There were only 2 teams from the qualifiers got in this year making up the number of 10. That is why we could add the countries that did not get in if there is additional interest.

There were only 2 teams from the qualifiers got in this year making up the number of 10. That is why we could add the countries that did not get in if there is additional interest.
I think akkaps means the 10 that are in the world cup plus qualifiers (Ireland, Kenya, Afghanistan, Netherlands, Scotland, etc. Admittedly I haven't seen them in a while.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back