Rumour Complicated trade involving Dangerfield. Good source.

Remove this Banner Ad

thephenom

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ive got a pretty good source close to the trade discussions around the Dangerfield trade. This is what they are looking at currently.

Dangerfield to Geelong
Stevie J & Geelong 2nd round pick to Gold Coast
Bennell & Geelong Pick 9 to Adelaide
Shuffle of later picks also being discusses as sweeteners.

Heard this is pretty close to a done deal.

Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.gif

I don't know why the Gold Coast would bother wanting thrown Johnson in. Just get him FA, ask for a late pick instead - surely they have academy picks or something?

lol if we could do SJ and a 2nd rounder for Bennell, then screw Crows we would get HB to Geelong.

In that scenario I would then give 2 x first rounders to Crows and Cats get Danger and HB, would do that all day.

But yes you're dreaming.

Ive got a pretty good source close to the trade discussions around the Dangerfield trade. This is what they are looking at currently.

Dangerfield to Geelong
Stevie J & Geelong 2nd round pick to Gold Coast
Bennell & Geelong Pick 9 to Adelaide
Shuffle of later picks also being discusses as sweeteners.

Heard this is pretty close to a done deal.
The only apparent truth in this rumour is that GC are in discussion with Stevie J to sign up with the Suns - heard GAJ talking about this on the radio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why would he be involved in any trade....

This seems silly

I dont mind the trade in theory, however I dont see how it would be 'already done' when bennell hasnt spoken to clubs or anything.

He wouldn't.
He just goes to the club he chooses.
Wouldn't be a bad thing for him to go to the Gold Coast.

So why would he be involved in any trade....

This seems silly

I dont mind the trade in theory, however I dont see how it would be 'already done' when bennell hasnt spoken to clubs or anything.
Stevie J and pick 30 odd for Bennell? I know the Suns want to get rid of him but that's ridiculous...even if Geelong hadn't delisted him

Wait - Stevie J is delisted? Or uncontracted?

I can't imagine Stevie is delisted yet.

Very good deal for Geelong, pretty good for Crows, not good enough for Gold Coast.

Gold Coast would be massive losers in that scenario if it were true.

Very good deal for Geelong, pretty good for Crows, not good enough for Gold Coast.

Makes sense.
Geelong in the box seat.
Adelaide some power
Gold Coast virtually none. He's 100% being booted, so its going to be a case of getting what they can for him, us getting what we can for Danger and Geelong not to be campaigners to everyone haha

The only reason he would go to another team is to develop youth and that makes him a perfect fit for Gold Coast.
What? He's going to a random, unaffiliated club he'll barely be remembered as playing for to do the altruistic deed and develop their young players? Okay...

Pretty sure he wants to just play AFL for as long as he can, probably for fun and probably because he's a competitive prick. And also probably because even $150,000 is good money.

What? He's going to a random, unaffiliated club he'll barely be remembered as playing for to do the altruistic deed and develop their young players? Okay...

Pretty sure he wants to just play AFL for as long as he can, probably for fun and probably because he's a competitive prick. And also probably because even $150,000 is good money.

Which means GC is an even better fit given they've got a stack of money.
Steve has had plenty of success, its not like he's lacking anything like a premiership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back