Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors - Season 19 : B&F Winner: El Dubya

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posting stats Rounds 7 to 8

Round 7-8.PNG

We've still got some good representation, however it seems we're running out of legs (including yours truly) after our blistering start to the season. It'd be awesome to see some not so active faces pop in for a 'go team' cheer or a '**** the <insert team here>' jeer.

Posting stats Rounds 7 to 8

View attachment 122629

We've still got some good representation, however it seems we're running out of legs (including yours truly) after our blistering start to the season. It'd be awesome to see some not so active faces pop in for a 'go team' cheer or a '**** the <insert team here>' jeer.

Great job again BB :thumbsu:

In fairness it was hard work against the Hawks, vanilla opponent and all.

The Furies are good fun, we can already see a spike in activity. Even that flog El Dubya is up and about this week...

The Furies are good fun, we can already see a spike in activity. Even that flog El Dubya is up and about this week...
I wish I'd been more active all season. My new school expects me to actually work, and I'm living with my wife again.

I wish I'd been more active all season. My new school expects me to actually work, and I'm living with my wife again.

****ing women and their expectations :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been finding myself struggling to even post on BigFooty with much enthusiasm, which is odd because the AFL season just started so I should be chomping at the bit to post bullshit on here. :p

I find that I post best when I'm in reactionary mode. So I'm reliant on the opposition to talk shit first for me to counter.

/excuses

Multi tasking El D. You should be able to feign interest while watching tv, playing video games or posting online. If you haven't got that in order you should never have tied the knot in the first place.
So true.

The ability to be able to repeat what she has just said when called out on not listening is the key.

Best 0 possession game I've seen in a long time RJ
you can rebound though - i started the year off with that from memory

Well better late than never I suppose...

Round 8 Match Review Vs East Side Hawks

Round 8 saw the Warriors of Coney Island at home to the East Side Hawks, in a matchup with genuine finals ramifications. After a solid yet unspectacular week of banter, both sides were keen to get amongst it come Sunday night.

In muddy conditions akin to the Western Oval quagmires of yesteryear it was the Hawks who started the better of the two teams, gaining the early midfield ascendancy and movig the ball forward at every opportunity. The Hawks slammed on the first 3 goals of the quarter before Mobbs Medal fancy El Dubya pulled one back for the home side, limiting the damage to a manageable 13 point defecit at the first change.

Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 1.0.6
East Side Hawks 3.1.19

It was more of the same for the Hawks in the second term, their inside midfielders maintaining the upper hand in the diabolical conditions. With the Warrior defense under siege it was half bank flankers Sydney Bloods and BoshtrichBurger keeping the Warriors in it, the Hawks eventually holding a 19 point advantage at the long break.

Half Time
Coney Island Warriors 3.2.20
East Side Hawks 6.3.39

The third quarter was a real arm wrestle, with the Warrior midfielders finally finding a way to quell the Hawks impact around the stoppages. With the increased midfield effort came legitimate scoring opportunites for the Warriors, and when Coney Island spearhead Stronzo dobbed his second major of the quarter the Warriors were within striking distance at the 3 quarter time break.

Three Quarter Time
Coney Island Warriors 5.2.32
East Side Hawks 7.5.47

When Warrior tyro Lord_Flashheart kicked the first goal of the quarter at the 4 minute mark the Warriors had reduced the margin to 9 points, and it appeared the tide was turning. The Hawk defense was under siege, and with goals to Haduken and Raveneyes the home side was able to take the lead for the first time in the match at the 14 minute mark. Despite the Hawks not giving in the Warriors were able to hold the advantage, and record a stirring victory in front of their home fans.

Final Scores
Coney Island Warriors 8.6.54
East Side Hawks 7.9.51

Goals
Stonzo 2, Lord_Flashheart 2, El Dubya, Raveneyes, Haduken, BigJoeD

Best
BoshtrichBurger, The Mighty Boosh, Raveneyes, Sydney Bloods, zackah, Les Norton

Cheers to Mr Eagle and his fellow Hawks for an entertaining week, and best of luck for the remainder of the season :thumbsu:

'Pwned' Trophy Nomination - Round 8
100px-0,112,0,112-PWNED_Trophy.png

Round 8 saw Warriors rookie Retired Jimmy throw his hat in the ring for the most prestigious award in qooty, some self depreciating humour enough to get the chocolates this week:

Been a little embarrassed to show my face around here since my 'one possesion' effort last weekend......then I remembered, who am I kidding? .........I'm a front running, down hill Skiing, sheep dogging passenger, and I love it.
Which youngsters development am I holding back this week Frankston Rover?

jeremiah-johnson-gif.gif

Congratulations RJ on your Round 8 nomination :thumbsu:

Next Week

As we know Round 9 sees the mighty Warriors travel to the seedy surrounds of Punt Rd for a Match of the Round tussle with the Fighting Furies - with the game scheduled for this evening lets get amongst it and extend our franchise best winning streak to 5 :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back