Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 14 - Coney Island Warriors v Fighting Furies at Van Corlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

I did my best to hide this sim from the world by posting a Warriors vs. Furies match during a Freo vs. Richmond game. You should be thanking me.
Trusting Freo to win as a diversion from this steaming pile of simhousery is a bold strategy. Thank you for taking the time though.

All the best to you and yours Furies, hope you can pull a miracle off and make finals.

Well Wazzas I think that's just about us done for the season. Gutted we couldn't get a result for Raveneyes but as he would quite rightly let us know...

The sim can gagf.

Trusting Freo to win as a diversion from this steaming pile of simhousery is a bold strategy. Thank you for taking the time though.
You now have to choose to be either ecstatic or miserable now.

Coney Island Warriors : 2.1.13
Fighting Furies : 8.2.50
Falconista How much longer before it's confirmed Coney Island won't be playing any June qooty? When does the math catch up to reality?

Thank you serial for posting, I guess you now have revenge for all those Dragons losses I posted.

GG Furies, hopefully you guys can bounce back next week (or have you guys stopped trying to lose every week?)

Thanks for the week, Warriors, while the sim may not like you we think you're an elite bantering unit, and always look forward to a week with ❤️

Thanks for posting, serial_thrilla.

Falconista How much longer before it's confirmed Coney Island won't be playing any June qooty? When does the math catch up to reality?

Thank you serial for posting, I guess you now have revenge for all those Dragons losses I posted.

GG Furies, hopefully you guys can bounce back next week (or have you guys stopped trying to lose every week?)
You're hanging on by a fragment of a fingernail. Need to win all three remaining fixtures and hope some other results go your way.

Easy dub.

We are in a rich vein of form.

Amped for our Round 14 clash next week.

Unlucky warriors. All the best for the rest of your season.

No thanks to serial_thrilla for posting the game.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

Thanks for posting serial_thrilla

Well done Furies, you're a top bunch of lads. Get into finals and wreck havoc on the comp with all your arachnids, tasty beverages and questionable filmography!

Seems we decided to play the hits for Raveneyes milestone, mainly losing. But it's good to know there's a shining example of resilience and fortitude to follow at this great qlub to counteract the weekly torture from the cruel Simstress. I hope you had a great week despite the inevitable qooty result.

Regretting missing the week here, y'all are a great bunch of posters Warriors
Nice to see you Ocha905!

Thanks serial_thrilla
I didn't even realise you were a Fury TA but it makes complete sense haha. Another legend on the team! I dearly miss your B grade horror reviews which are premium BF content!

Look, it's a rather scathing review of which I cannot subscribe to Purple7x08_24

Here's my take on the the magic behind TESB

“The Empire Strikes Back”: A Galactic Odyssey

As the stars twinkle in the vast cosmic tapestry, so does the brilliance of “The Empire Strikes Back.” This cinematic gem, nestled within the interstellar folds of the Star Wars saga, transcends mere entertainment. It is a symphony of emotions, a dance of light and shadow across the galactic stage.

A Journey into Darkness

The original Star Wars film dazzled us with its space opera cheerfulness, but this sequel takes a daring leap into the abyss. It dares to explore the depths of despair, wrapping itself in a cloak of mystery. As a Star Wars nerd I found solace in its complexity—a mirror reflecting the intricate workings of my own mind.

Visions Beyond Imagination

The visual feast served by “Empire” is unparalleled. From the lumbering Imperial Walkers trudging across the icy plains of Hoth to the ethereal Cloud City perched high in the sky, every frame is a canvas painted with stardust. The attention to detail—the hot shards of a probe droid raining down on snow, the vertiginous heights that Luke Skywalker dangles over—captures the essence of wonder.

Yoda: A Masterful Creation

Ah, Yoda! The ancient Jedi Master, a sage wrapped in wrinkled green skin. His expressions—subtle, profound—transcend mere puppetry. Frank Oz and George Lucas breathed life into this diminutive creature. Yoda’s wisdom and emotion resonate beyond the screen, touching the very core of our souls. In his eyes, I glimpsed the universe’s secrets.

Chewbacca’s Lament

Yet, not all notes in this cosmic symphony are harmonious. Chewbacca, our furry companion, remains trapped in a single mournful yelp. A missed opportunity, perhaps—an oversight in the grand cosmic score. But even Chewie’s woes cannot dim the brilliance of this saga.

A Mythic Journey

“The Empire Strikes Back” isn’t just a film; it’s a mythic odyssey. It weaves threads of destiny, binding us to the Force itself. As a nerdy Star Wars fan trapped in my own bubble, I find solace in its shadows, hope in its mysteries. It reminds me that even in the darkest galaxies, there’s a spark waiting to ignite.

So, fellow starfarers, buckle up. Let the Millennium Falcon’s hyperdrive engage. For in this cinematic voyage, we discover not only galaxies far, far away but also the constellations within ourselves.

May the Force be with you, always.

9.75/10
Keep an eye on Purple7x08_24, he’s weird

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well... two goals in the premiership quarter by me, as well as 'edging' omgfridge makes for a great day!!

Honouring Raveneyes with a traditional milestone loss also a positive. Congratulations great man. 🤘

But f**k me we f**king suck arse this season.

Cheers Furies, apologies for the absenteeism and all the best for the rest. Looks like we just stole your spoon.

RSmG8Sh.gif

I didn't even realise you were a Fury TA but it makes complete sense haha. Another legend on the team! I dearly miss your B grade horror reviews which are premium BF content!
Hehe, thank you! I've been hanging to get back into them, plenty of old VHS tapes to go through I just need to find the time!

(fun fact: the real knowledgeable around here for cult films is SFA god Mobbs)

Well... two goals in the premiership quarter by me, as well as 'edging' omgfridge makes for a great day!!

Honouring Raveneyes with a traditional milestone loss also a positive. Congratulations great man. 🤘

But f**k me we f**king suck arse this season.

Cheers Furies, apologies for the absenteeism and all the best for the rest. Looks like we just stole your spoon.

RSmG8Sh.gif
Don't get too excited about the spoon, you'll have the SFA mods and okeydoke7 down your throat. Yes, 'that' down your throat.

Ah cmon, we lost again? :sadv1:

Thanks for the week Furies, and congratulations on going two and zip against us this season. I don't assume we'll get the chance to change that in the finals so all the best for the remainder.

Thanks for posting Fry serial_thrilla. Must be the first time we've had you as a sim-poster? And given the results, hopefully the last! (but thanks none the less)

Sorry we couldn't notch a win in your mega-milestone match Raveneyes, but why break a tradition right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back