Official Match Thread Season 37 - Round 6 - Coney Island Warriors v Las Vegas Bears at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

1709629600157.png

vs

1709629619547.png

Before we begin, let's start with a bit of humour:

My daughter wants the new iPhone for her birthday. I told her she will get one as long as she has good grades, does her chores, and follows the house rules. Otherwise she will get a cheaper phone. It's my way or the Huawei.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man and wife are checking out of a hotel. The man notices the bill includes a $50 fee for use of the swimming pool. He tells the hotel clerk they didn't use the pool. The clerk replies, "That's not the issue sir, it was there all the time for you to use."

"OK", says the guy and proceeds to pay the clerk $100 less than the bill.

The clerk says, "Wait a minute sir, this amount is $100 short."

"No it's not", says the guy, "I'm charging you $100 for having sex with my wife."

The clerk is shocked and says, "Sir I can assure you I did not have sex with your wife."

The man replies, "That's not the issue, she was there all the time."

Welcome to a clash that pits 3rd v 12th. After a first up loss, the Bears won 3 in a row before handing the Bombers their first win last week. So another win over one of this season's cellar dwellers looks to be a good bet. Then again, after the Roys' remarkable 25 goal turnaround (lost to the Rats by 10 goals, and then smashed the Dragons by 15), who knows what mood the sim will be in this week? On the other hand, the Warriors have lost their last 3 games, so they're obviously desperate to turn their form around. If the Furies knock off the Bombers, the Warriors might find themselves anchored to the foot of the table, so that's surely enough incentive to pull off a win here. Let's look at who played well for both sides last week, as well as the players who might be on the brink of being delisted if they don't pull their finger out, and start performing.

Warriors

Who’s hot

Piggy Smalls: 19 possessions & 4 goals

Tonga Bob: 13 hit outs, 26 possessions & a goal

Who’s not

Mofra: 1 kick

TheInjuryFactory: 6 possessions

Bears

Who’s hot

Tandy: 17 possessions, 5 tackles & a goal

Test Tickle: 21 hit outs, 15 possessions & a goal

Who’s not

Rookie Pick: 1 possession

Senor M: 5 possessions

Who wins?

Luckily I'm not in the qooty tipping this season - last season I was so bad, that at one point in the season, I tried to pick my nose. I missed, and nearly poked my eye out!!! So please take my prognostication on this one with a grain of salt, but I'll say the Bears will get the job done by 21 points.

Captains please note: The deadline for team sheet submission is Thursday 11:59 PM Perth Time

Hmmm, philreich same "jokes" as the other match thread that I bothered to look at...your slipping.

Also

, who knows what mood the sim will be in this week? On the other hand, the Warriors have lost their last 3 games
On this hand we have only won 1 out of the last 10... but the Sim is ranDIMised right?

So on the other hand, can't see us winning ever again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Bears Squad, pack your suitcases and get ready for a wild ride, because this week we're taking the Bear Express to Coney Island to face off against the Warriors!

View attachment 1920375

Art Vandelay_ Cap Chipmunk CountryLad Dingster Electronic_Renaissance Fizzler Grin guero HawkPatrol I Dont Care Jezmiester40 JoseMourinho JoshWoodenSpoon kane249 Matera92 Millky95 Muddiemoose MWPP RonnieRaven RookiePick Senor M Shadow Man Tandy Test Tickle Tommycash
I’m relieved that your mob were able to shoop my actual head into that photo to cover up the current mask I’m wearing because of Tandy

You’re welcome spudmaster

I’m relieved that your mob were able to shoop my actual head into that photo to cover up the current mask I’m wearing because of Tandy

You’re welcome spudmaster
We took this photo when you took the mask off for a second. Its a lovely family portrait with you all wearing matching swimsuits.

On the bright side the thread delay means I’m getting in early for once.
Hello Wazzas, hello Bears 🐻
Hi stranger ;)

You can thank me for the thread delay as philreich and damicky were able to swap when my circumstances changed

In any case I will happily always take anytime Tuesday over Monday afternoon or earlier AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back