Toast Congrats Scott Pendlebury 300 games & making the All Australian Team (again)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Grundy will poll heavily this year. Enough to stymie Pendles.

Let’s see what happens in a few weeks?

It’s about time Ruckmen got recognised on Brownlow night.
Grundy and Gawn have dominated the last 2 years.

I forgot to mention Treloar will get a few votes this year as well, but still think Pendles will be the Pies top vote getter.

Congratulations Scott, an absolute gun, I'm sure the boys will lift for you on friday night, sucks to be Geelong

Let’s see what happens in a few weeks?

It’s about time Ruckmen got recognised on Brownlow night.
Grundy and Gawn have dominated the last 2 years.

I forgot to mention Treloar will get a few votes this year as well, but still think Pendles will be the Pies top vote getter.
He’s had a vintage year hasn’t he. It would be nice to have so many of our players polling well that none win a Brownlow but the team wins a Premiership.

That video with all the captains talking about him is fantastic. Especially loved the words from Nathan Jones. Can tell everyone respects him which is the hardest thing to earn.
That in its way is far more valuable than any half arsed award.

Collingwood as a club are mostly still despised outside it - players and organization alike.

Scott is an exception to that, has always been so and is recognized as such industry wide - which is far more important than the recognition of the often grandstanding yellow maggots who often seem to think that that the game is about them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke is a genius and will play to an exceptional level until the day he retires.

A couple of interesting comments, he hoped to be half the player Nick Dal Santo was :thumbsu: :thumbsu::thumbsu:
Also, apparently he's got a basketball background.

When you consider how good he has been right from the start, to winning a 5th All Australian after his 299th game, I cant recall another player who has been so good for so long.

Pound for pound, he's the best Collingwood player I've seen and will rightly take his place among the legends of our club.

Its been a privilege to watch his career.

When you consider how good he has been right from the start, to winning a 5th All Australian after his 299th game, I cant recall another player who has been so good for so long.

Pound for pound, he's the best Collingwood player I've seen and will rightly take his place among the legends of our club.

Its been a privilege to watch his career.
6th All Australian.

Should have been his 8th though.

A brilliant article.

The footage from the Essendon game is classic.
I laughed at the time and said sorry Bombers he'll get rid of it when he's ready.

Absolute privilege to watch Pendles over his 300 very consistent and excellent games of AFL footy for collingwood fc.

Scott Pendlebury a true AFL and collingwood premiership champion.

I'm coming around on softening my stance that Pendlebury isn't up to Buckley's level because Buckley has a Brownlow and more B&F's/AA's.

That premiership medallion is priceless, that's all that really counts in the end. I'd rather see a premiership medal than a Collingwood Brownlow.

I am now more leaning they are both Collingwood legends and cannot be properly compared. I won't say one or the other. They are different players.

But Pendlebury has the chance to become Collingwood's greatest. If he can play 350 or more and captain the club for 200 games, he will leave with a record of service at Jock McHale type level, then who knows he might coach.

Edit: I shouldn't say Jock McHale, his record is ridiculous. 261 games played, 714 coached, nobody will ever beat that at one club. But for modern purposes Pendlebury's club service is extraordinary already and hopefully there's 2-3 years left and he can be the clear games record holder which is a significant achievement.

Last edited:
I'm coming around on softening my stance that Pendlebury isn't up to Buckley's level because Buckley has a Brownlow and more B&F's/AA's.

That premiership medallion is priceless, that's all that really counts in the end. I'd rather see a premiership medal than a Collingwood Brownlow.

I am now more leaning they are both Collingwood legends and cannot be properly compared. I won't say one or the other. They are different players.

But Pendlebury has the chance to become Collingwood's greatest. If he can play 350 or more and captain the club for 200 games, he will leave with a record of service at Jock McHale type level, then who knows he might coach.

Edit: I shouldn't say Jock McHale, his record is ridiculous. 261 games played, 714 coached, nobody will ever beat that at one club. But for modern purposes Pendlebury's club service is extraordinary already and hopefully there's 2-3 years left and he can be the clear games record holder which is a significant achievement.

No doubt they are both club greats and champion players, for mine accolades was never what separated them as individual players (especially not team related ones when comparing an individual's talent lvl).

Bucks in my mind was just a teir above but I don't have many in his company to date.
I haven't seen anyone who was his equal as a all round player.
Some players bring parts of what Buckley could do maybe even better in some areas but as a package he was capable of doing everything to a extremely high standard.
Buckley was capable of carrying bottom 4 teams and turning the tide in games it's not something any player we have had has shown capability to replicate. Many of today's elites also don't cop hard tags like in Buckley gen.

However Pendles comfortably sits at the upper echelon of his generation and will go down as a AFL champion and one of the best from pieland ever.

No doubt they are both club greats and champion players, for mine accolades was never what separated them as individual players (especially not team related ones when comparing an individual's talent lvl).

Bucks in my mind was just a teir above but I don't have many in his company to date.
I haven't seen anyone who was his equal as a all round player.
Some players bring parts of what Buckley could do maybe even better in some areas but as a package he was capable of doing everything to a extremely high standard.
Buckley was capable of carrying bottom 4 teams and turning the tide in games it's not something any player we have had has shown capability to replicate. Many of today's elites also don't cop hard tags like in Buckley gen.

However Pendles comfortably sits at the upper echelon of his generation and will go down as a AFL champion and one of the best from pieland ever.

True, I would have Pendles as the slightly more damaging midfielder but he's never been anywhere else whereas Bucks was a plug in Mr Fix it anywhere on the ground. I remember in the late 90's he was clearly our best player but played half back because that's where the ball was going in a poor team.

It's hard to split the difference though between Pendle's awareness and evasive skills Vs Buckley's kicking. Both are probably the best ever at those particular skills. But Buckley could mark, run, defend, kick long goals, he could do anything.

I'm just blessed to have witnessed the two careers. Both are no doubt great and Pendlebury will walk into the next team of the century and be a hall of fame no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back