Toast Congratulations Taylor Walker on 200 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

This video is brilliant and brought a tear to my eye. Have always heard how brilliant he is off field with supporters and this video just highlights that. An absolute legend on and off field, go well tomorrow Tex!

Extremely proud to have someone of Tex's character represent our club, including becoming an outstanding leader on & off field.

Hope for a miracle that he turns back the clock & has one of his best games in his 200th.

That video is but a slice of what he does.

Craigy can take a bit of credit for that actually. In his early days he was a bit aloof and didn't understand that being an AFL footballer was more than just what you did on the weekend.

He's a gem of a human Tex, I really hope we can keep it respectable for him.

It will take a pretty good player to take his spot at Centre Half Forward in the greatest Crows team of all time.

As loyal as they come with old fashioned values. Everyone thought he would go to GWS - but it was Davis who would take the big pay packet and run.

At his best he was as good as any player.

A huge part of Sando’s spike in 2012. So close in that season. Barely a few games after that Preliminary Final loss not only had we lost Tippett, but Tex had done his ACL.

Fast forward to the arrival of Phil Walsh. He must’ve known it would take a hell of a strong character to face what was to come.

Tex was a star as the Crows rose towards the top in 2015-17. His single mindedness in fulfilling the ambition of winning a premiership at the Adelaide Football Club was not matched by some of his team mates.

As much as any player, his downfall has coincided with the team’s downfall. Not through lack of trying. As Tex’s body has been battered on the field, the Crows have been battered off the field to the point of collapse.

He has given his all to get to 200 games. There are still glimpses of what he gave us earlier in his career. It hasn’t been a fairytale, but it’s a hell of a story.

He also clearly does so much off the field that we don’t see. A big heart. A lovable larrikin. A Crows great. Well done Tex.

Tex has frustrated us at times but has also provided us with some unforgettable memories. One of the all time greats at the AFC in my opinion both on and off the field. We need more ppl in footy like him with his passion and dedication. Congrats Tex!

A great photo.

Thinking back to where our club was in 2015, it was a great symbol.
b8adc4683723bb4400b5a463311af58f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Wouldn’t it be great if 5 years later on Tex’s 200th she was waiting at the end of the race hand outstretched...?
Not sure the AFC is capable of that kind of sentiment atm

200 games, highest goal kicker, surely this would be the time to retire?

He and the club must know how badly he’s struggling and another year older isn’t going to help.

Retire him, pay him reduced payout but keep him as a forward development coach to compensate the balance.

Just don’t teach our KPFs to go up one handed.

Can someone, anyone, tell me why this bloke is so universally — almost obsessively— hated. And yes, hated is a strong word but it’s also the right word based on what the warriors out there say about him. I just don’t get it. What have I missed?

What I do know is that it actually upsets me. A fair bit to be honest.

Can someone, anyone, tell me why this bloke is so universally — almost obsessively— hated. And yes, hated is a strong word but it’s also the right word based on what the warriors out there say about him. I just don’t get it. What have I missed?

Posted before also saying congratulations. What an effort. Well done big fella.

I reckon it's a mixture of a few things

He wears his heart on his sleeve, but he isn't that diplomatic. He can sometimes lack nuance in how he tries to make his point, and to some it can come across as arrogant or a whinger. Even with the Lachlan Sholl Rising Star snub, he tweeted a photo of Quayner and wrote 'absolute joke' - Probably not the best way to make his point, even though I get it.

mix that in with the cluster* of the 2017 GF, his relative poor performance in that game, and some good old fashioned Australia tall poppy syndrome and you have the perfect storm and public enemy #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a seriously good player and strong personality who has beaten most clubs in the league, but dropped off a cliff in the last 3 years but still doesn't back away from a twitter beef.

Easy target for keyboard warriors who are still upset about that final/Showdown/R22 game he kicked a bag and stole a win from their club

Was a seriously good player and strong personality who has beaten most clubs in the league, but dropped off a cliff in the last 3 years but still doesn't back away from a twitter beef.

Easy target for keyboard warriors who are still upset about that final/Showdown/R22 game he kicked a bag and stole a win from their club

He's also born the brunt for our GF failure multiplied by the stance and short speech. And then multiplied by spare seat on return flight, Lever argument and very poor GF performance.

What it seems to me is that every person that didn't like him had to shut up while we were ok and he was being voted best captain. But as soon as we failed, they smashed Tex as if he was the only person responsible.

He's also born the brunt for our GF failure multiplied by the stance and short speech. And then multiplied by spare seat on return flight, Lever argument and very poor GF performance.

What it seems to me is that every person that didn't like him had to shut up while we were ok and he was being voted best captain. But as soon as we failed, they smashed Tex as if he was the only person responsible.
yeah bigfooty is awesome and the internet is even slightly better

200 games, highest goal kicker, surely this would be the time to retire?

He and the club must know how badly he’s struggling and another year older isn’t going to help.

Retire him, pay him reduced payout but keep him as a forward development coach to compensate the balance.

Just don’t teach our KPFs to go up one handed.

Prediction. He won't retire, half way through next year he'll be in the media saying how good he feels and how he's primed for another year. This is our senior player culture. They force our weak admin to gift a year more than their footy deserves. No chance Tex doesn't play whilst contracted. Undroppable throughout 2021. That's us.

Prediction. He won't retire, half way through next year he'll be in the media saying how good he feels and how he's primed for another year. This is our senior player culture. They force our weak admin to gift a year more than their footy deserves. No chance Tex doesn't play whilst contracted. Undroppable throughout 2021. That's us.
The age where you got to respect Westhoff could have tried to get 300 next year but pulled the pin.

Tex did give us an out a couple of weeks ago, Nicks rings him and tells him he’s required. Why rush to do that?

Surely Tex and the club can see what we all can?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back