Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're pinning the loss solely on the selection of Barrass, then you're denying that wc as a team had a blip on the radar. The loss is not due to the selection of Barrass.
I think Wc supporters are hurting a little and missing the bigger picture. Hawthorn played very well and showed us our softer attitude needs to be addressed. It is finals time and Hawthorn had their finals hat on, we didn't and need to if we are going to figure this year. N.N will be a beneficial in for us and add that little tougher attitude we need, especially if he performs a couple of those "Don't f$#k with me" tackles. I enjoy your attitude to other teams postings.

Na, he's changed from Collingwood to West Coast to Richmond to Collingwood. He changes weekly based on results.

Umm no, he has repeatedly denied Geelong and has repeatedly tipped Collingwood to win the the whole prize.

If you can link otherwise I'll stand corrected.

I think Wc supporters are hurting a little and missing the bigger picture. Hawthorn played very well and showed us our softer attitude needs to be addressed. It is finals time and Hawthorn had their finals hat on, we didn't and need to if we are going to figure this year. N.N will be a beneficial in for us and add that little tougher attitude we need, especially if he performs a couple of those "Don't f$#k with me" tackles. I enjoy your attitude to other teams postings.

I think you're right kaiserchief13 is being a little reactionary, ok the Barrass selection may not have been the best move - but that's not the whole and sole reason for wc losing to a desperate Hawthorn

Umm no, he has repeatedly denied Geelong and has repeatedly tipped Collingwood to win the the whole prize.

If you can link otherwise I'll stand corrected.
Who said anything about Geelong? He changes his premier weekly. mcpotata is the Cameron Ling of BF ... yearns to be well liked.

I think you're right kaiserchief13 is being a little reactionary, ok the Barrass selection may not have been the best move - but that's not the whole and sole reason for wc losing to a desperate Hawthorn
kaiserchief doesn't take losing well. It's either umpires or injuries or he finds a players to blame.

Umm no, IF tigs win you'll finish 5th. That means home final.

I meant after the elimination final. Assuming we win the first week, we'd be guaranteed to travel for the SF, PF and GF and of course win all of them.

It was disappointing because we had everything to play for: top 4 spit, outside chance of top 2. Hopefully it’s the hurt they need to raise their game. They took the in-form Richmond to within a goal, at the G, in average conditions just a week ago. Plus, NN coming back in should provide all the motivation they need. They’re capable.

That said, go Lions!

You honestly think that Barras wholly and solely cost you the game! Wow - sorry chief you've lost all of your cred if you had any.
Last week he was directly responsible for about 4 goals. This week about the same. A 1-1 result would have been fine but 0-2 has literally destroyed their season (barring Brisbane miracle)

Last week he was directly responsible for about 4 goals. This week about the same. A 1-1 result would have been fine but 0-2 has literally destroyed their season (barring Brisbane miracle)

I gather you didn't watch last nights game. There is no way he was responsible for 4 goals - 1 goal is more accurate.

You're just being salty that wc had an off game at home and now you're all the sky is falling because Barrass. Mate it ain't true.

Let’s just put into perspective as well: we have lost to: Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Carlton and the Bulldogs. #3rd, #7th, #9th, #13th and #16th.

How do we have a ‘soft draw’ when we have beaten majority of the top 8 currently. Including I believe 3 weeks of travelling in a row resulting in 3 wins including the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are paying $2.80 for the win - you need to recalibrate your definition of miracle.

Or... only a ‘miracle’ will get us over the line, leaving you able to justify why the eagles WILL beat us at the Gabba when we play?

Hmm.

Looking at wikipedia at the moment. In the last 10 or so years, more 2nd or 3rd place wins than anything. Prime positions on the ladder.
Could it stem from the fact that (providing highest ranked teams win each bracket) they end up playing the lower-ranked team in the prelim? Really not sure, it's a weird quirk.

Now it’s time to see whether my theory is correct. That Geelong were playing bruise free casual football for the second half of the year in waiting for the finals. Or that I’m just a moron desperately clinging to hope they are a lot better then they seem (although the last three weeks have been good.)

people are forgetting brisbane are playing for zero today.

if tigers win by more than 63 they are gona win the flag

Six straight at the MCG and they still have to travel in the finals?
Only played other finalists 9 times for just 5 wins

Not that impressive

Last edited:
Back