Contenders and Pretenders 2019 ( edited - Page 32 current discussion ) Are Richmond now the team to beat?

Are Richmond the new Premiership Favourites?

• Yes. The Dominant team and rule at Fortress G - Too good!

Votes: 128 34.6%
  • No. Geelong will roll on once more

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • West Coast to go Back to Back

Votes: 105 28.4%
  • Collingwood will regroup and Redeem themselves

Votes: 38 10.3%
  • GWS will break through for their first flag

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Brisbane will break the hearts of many

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • Essendon will emerge

Votes: 17 4.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

play us at full strength and make that call.

GMBHA aint the g. thank **** for that
We'll beat you at the G, Ethiad or KP. Full strength or not full strength.

dont be too cocky utensil.

confident wed be able to push you anywhere bar that swimming pool known as kardinya.
When it comes to beating WC away from their own fortress I'm as confident as it gets. A couple of wins against a side you match up well on a few others against cellar dwellers won't change my perception of them away from home.

GWS hugely miss Whitfield. He is their best player, makes them such a better team. Still think they make top 4 from here

When it comes to beating WC away from their own fortress I'm as confident as it gets. A couple of wins against a side you match up well on a few others against cellar dwellers won't change my perception of them away from home.

you consider collingwood a cellar dweller?

dont be too cocky utensil.

confident wed be able to push you anywhere bar that swimming pool known as kardinya.

I would love to play West Coast elsewhere. Not that I am confident, but I think a long with Collingwood they are the benchmark. I also think Geelongs play style matches up well to West Coast so it would be good to see if I am right!

I would love to play West Coast elsewhere. Not that I am confident, but I think a long with Collingwood they are the benchmark. I also think Geelongs play style matches up well to West Coast so it would be good to see if I am right!

looking at how the things pan out, bar geelong collapsing into a heap our next game if we do face geelong again will be at the g. slight advantage to geelong there but would be an entertaining game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill make it simpler for you.

geelong and sydney losses - typical. in 20 years we've won at each ground once. expected.

brisbane - surprise loss but that whats what we get with a premiership

port - worst loss, at home in the rain. shouldnt have happened but it did.

so you also dont think adelaide and gws are worthy?

as for collingwood, everyone including myself wrote us off for that game. yet we won. got nothing to do with match ups, we played like we shouldve.

i really hope there is an opportunity for a rematch against your lot at the g be it a qualifying, prelim or grand final game. will be entertaining. just remember premierships arent won in june.

ill make it simpler for you.

geelong and sydney losses - typical. in 20 years we've won at each ground once. expected.

brisbane - surprise loss but that whats what we get with a premiership

port - worst loss, at home in the rain. shouldnt have happened but it did.

so you also dont think adelaide and gws are worthy?

as for collingwood, everyone including myself wrote us off for that game. yet we won. got nothing to do with match ups, we played like we shouldve.

i really hope there is an opportunity for a rematch against your lot at the g be it a qualifying, prelim or grand final game. will be entertaining. just remember premierships arent won in june.
GWS and Adelaide weren't in Victoria. Slow down and bit and take the time to read what I said. I'm of the opinion we'll win comfortably if the game is played at the MCG, Ethiad or KP.

You harp on about your recent MCG and Victoria record last year but reality is you had an easy draw and won against cellar dwellers or beat a team whose key position stocks were thin and you match up well on. Before last year it was ordinary. Nothing has changed my opinion about your ability to be able to beat Geelong anywhere in Vic, and our most recent outing is testament to this.

GWS and Adelaide weren't in Victoria. Slow down and bit and take the time to read what I said. I'm of the opinion we'll win comfortably if the game is played at the MCG, Ethiad or KP.

You harp on about your recent MCG and Victoria record last year but reality is you had an easy draw and won against cellar dwellers or beat a team whose key position stocks were thin and you match up well on. Before last year it was ordinary. Nothing has changed my opinion about your ability to be able to beat Geelong anywhere in Vic, and our most recent outing is testament to this.

we haven't had any issues in winning in victoria in the last 18 months.

but you know what rather argue with a brick wall like yourself ill let the season pan out. each to their own.

we haven't had any issues in winning in victoria in the last 18 months.

but you know what rather argue with a brick wall like yourself ill let the season pan out. each to their own.
You really do have a hard time reading.

Ok, I'll simplify it for you.

In 2017 you played in Victoria 7 times. You lost 5 of those games. Your two wins were against cellar dwellers in North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs

In 2018 you played in Victoria 5 times. Twice against a team you match up well on due to their lack of key position firepower and 3 times against cellar dwellers the Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Carlton. Not really surprising you won those games.

In 2019 you've played in Victoria once. You lost to a contender, beat the team you match up well with and another cellar dweller in St.Kilda.

I hope that was a little clearer for you and it sheds a little light on your fans saying you've beaten your Victorian issues. The only team of note you've beaten in Victoria is Collingwood and they're the one team you match up well on.

You were lucky you got access to 2 home finals on your fortress. Some teams aren't afforded that luxury.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be concerned IF the Eagles lost tomorrow from their perspective. As mentioned in another thread barring last year at Marvel they have a poor record away from home against the Hawks. Not winning there since 2006 at the MCG ( Similar to the SCG Hoodoo ) they just don't play them well there. Tomorrow is a good a chance as any as the Hawkers aren't travelling well. If the Eagles do win which they're favoured to, especially with big ins and the morale boosting return of Nit Nat then lookout.

West Coast are the one to watch out for IF they hit their straps. With Freo next week and the Pies the one after that, the Eagles are going to flex their wings. Yeah they might drop one of these next 3, but they're going to win a couple ( if not all )

Their confidence and full potential is about to rise. Forget GWS, barring a Bulldogs or Richmond type run in the finals, those guys are soft and won't do a thing. It's a fully awoken West Coast outfit that I'm scared of. Their ceiling is higher than ours and the Pies.

I wouldn't be concerned IF the Eagles lost tomorrow from their perspective. As mentioned in another thread barring last year at Marvel they have a poor record away from home against the Hawks. Not winning there since 2006 at the MCG ( Similar to the SCG Hoodoo ) they just don't play them well there. Tomorrow is a good a chance as any as the Hawkers aren't travelling well. If the Eagles do win which they're favoured to, especially with big ins and the morale boosting return of Nit Nat then lookout.

West Coast are the one to watch out for IF they hit their straps. With Freo next week and the Pies the one after that, the Eagles are going to flex their wings. Yeah they might drop one of these next 3, but they're going to win a couple ( if not all )

Their confidence and full potential is about to rise. Forget GWS, barring a Bulldogs or Richmond type run in the finals, those guys are soft and won't do a thing. It's a fully awoken West Coast outfit that I'm scared of. Their ceiling is higher than ours and the Pies.
If the Eagles don't finish in the top 2 forget about them.

You really do have a hard time reading.

Ok, I'll simplify it for you.

In 2017 you played in Victoria 7 times. You lost 5 of those games. Your two wins were against cellar dwellers in North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs

In 2018 you played in Victoria 5 times. Twice against a team you match up well on due to their lack of key position firepower and 3 times against cellar dwellers the Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Carlton. Not really surprising you won those games.

In 2019 you've played in Victoria once. You lost to a contender, beat the team you match up well with and another cellar dweller in St.Kilda.

I hope that was a little clearer for you and it sheds a little light on your fans saying you've beaten your Victorian issues. The only team of note you've beaten in Victoria is Collingwood and they're the one team you match up well on.

You were lucky you got access to 2 home finals on your fortress. Some teams aren't afforded that luxury.

good teams win those games. the fact you keep stating that collingwood is a team we match up well as the only reason that we beat them demonstrates your lack of acknowledgement of our season last year.

but yes just because the afl hasnt put us against victorian teams in the top 4 during the fixturing without a crystal ball also makes us weak right? last time ive checked we have lost to only one victorian team in the top 4. one.

in 2018 western bulldogs and hawthorn were expecting to finish a lot higher. not our fault that they were on the lower end of the ladder. and we still sorted it out.

again i reiterate. when you play us when we're at full strength at the g and beat us well then you can say what you wish. until then it hasnt been proven except via your opinion and that game at the cattle grazing paddock. we will continue to try to win as many games in victoria.

wce against richmond in a couple of weeks time would have been a blockbuster. due to their injuries now are you saying if we beat them its just another cellar dweller? they arent one.

funny though how you think youre a contender when you couldnt even beat port last week.

good teams win those games. the fact you keep stating that collingwood is a team we match up well as the only reason that we beat them demonstrates your lack of acknowledgement of our season last year.

but yes just because the afl hasnt put us against victorian teams in the top 4 during the fixturing without a crystal ball also makes us weak right? last time ive checked we have lost to only one victorian team in the top 4. one.

in 2018 western bulldogs and hawthorn were expecting to finish a lot higher. not our fault that they were on the lower end of the ladder. and we still sorted it out.

again i reiterate. when you play us when we're at full strength at the g and beat us well then you can say what you wish. until then it hasnt been proven except via your opinion and that game at the cattle grazing paddock. we will continue to try to win as many games in victoria.

wce against richmond in a couple of weeks time would have been a blockbuster. due to their injuries now are you saying if we beat them its just another cellar dweller? they arent one.

funny though how you think youre a contender when you couldnt even beat port last week.
Hawthorn finished top 4 in 2018 don't forget. We beat them in Melbourne.

I know exactly how your season went. You had an easy draw, were lucky enough to finish top 2 as a result and gain access to 2 home finals and then got to run into the only vic contender you were capable of beating on the MCG in a Grand final.
I know one team we had an easy 10 goal win against earlier in the year. The MCG won't make much difference despite your excuses.

Doesn't really relate. We haven't played Hawks at the MCG since Optus was built. We haven't lost at the G in 2 years now. Last time we played Hawks at the G we weren't beating anyone at the G period. So not like the SCG hoodoo at all. We can't win at that stadium no matter what.

Back