Politics Coon cheese?

change the name?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its on his facebook page and there is a video by Jim Jefferies posted a year ago. In the video he comes back to australia to see if any of our products are racist etc and the first three he listed were Red Skins, Chicos and Coon cheese. I wonder who rewatched this recently and decided to make the changes

Ill try the link again:

Its on his facebook page and there is a video by Jim Jefferies posted a year ago. In the video he comes back to australia to see if any of our products are racist etc and the first three he listed were Red Skins, Chicos and Coon cheese. I wonder who rewatched this recently and decided to make the changes

Ill try the link again:

Look at that scowling, cancel-culture face, ready to condemn. :rage:
Hope he has a nice life.

Coon shouldn't change but sometimes name changes can be good.

Google used to be called Backrub. Amazon was originally called Relentless. Similarly Nike (Blue Ribbon Sports), Target (Goodfellow’s Dry Goods), 7-Eleven ( Tote’m) and EA Games (Amazin' Software).

Lucky Gold likes this

https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/nitv-ne...alian-newspaper-apologises-racist-comic-strip
A major Western Australian newspaper has apologised after it published a comic strip from a British comic series which used a racial slur for Aboriginal people.

On Monday, the West Australian published a piece from the British comic strip, Modesty Blaise, that used the word "Abo" when talking about an Aboriginal tracker in the storyline.

In a statement published on Monday night, the newspaper said the cartoon had no place in the newspaper. It acknowledged the cartoon "contained offensive racial stereotypes" and described the strip as "the very kind of marginalisation and bigotry The West Australian and its reporters have been trying to stamp out."

“The cartoon was written in 1981 and today’s comics strip page was supplied by an outside agency,” the statement said.

The newspaper said a review is underway. It will not be publishing Modesty Blaise in the meantime.
Even from a paper as rubbish as The West they should know better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill try the link again:

old Jimmy is funny but his show has too much editing to make the guests like like campaigners to believe anything on that show

old Jimmy is funny but his show has too much editing to make the guests like like campaigners to believe anything on that show

I was just referring to the fact the exact foods he mentioned in that skit were the 3 that people wanted change (or someone) - redskins, chicos and then mentions coon as well

Not as bad as coon but sorry this is totally incorrect.

Really? How so? It may have a derogatory association for you because of your own issues but to me it's just a shortened form. Terms that used to be associated with Italians, Greeks and Slav's like Wop, Wog and Dago are stigmatised and certain to greatly offend. The shortened form of Aboriginal, not so much.

Really? How so? It may have a derogatory association for you because of your own issues but to me it's just a shortened form. Terms that used to be associated with Italians, Greeks and Slav's like Wop, Wog and Dago are stigmatised and certain to greatly offend. The shortened form of Aboriginal, not so much.
Well there's a simple test, walk around somewhere like the Goldfields casually using it right in front of indigenous people and see if you can last 5 minutes without getting into a fist fight.

Well there's a simple test, walk around somewhere like the Goldfields casually using it right in front of indigenous people and see if you can last 5 minutes without getting into a fist fight.

I have Aboriginal friends. They use the term in reference to themselves all the time.

When someone like Ernie Dingo smacks a disabled man for calling him that word you know it's use to indigenous people is a no go.

I have Aboriginal friends. They use the term in reference to themselves all the time.

This is the thing, familiarity and personal acceptance place a twist on terms that blind censorship does not understand.

The whingers of the world have obtained a massively disproportionate hold on social power.

When someone like Ernie Dingo smacks a disabled man for calling him that word you know it's use to indigenous people is a no go.
Isn't it nice that as a supposed civilized society we allow, no we celebrate violence against people even disabled people that use a certain type of language that we don't like

Back