Religion The CHEESE WARS! Carringbush2010 hears a who!

On a scale of 1 to Carringbush2010, how deeply are you affected by Cheer's name change?

Votes: 7 50.0%

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Carringbush2010

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm dunno mate, kinda sounds like you have;

A person's name is not = to a brand name (I know this will probably break your brain considering its the same word in this case :tearsofjoy:)

In any case its a discussion forum mate, post or don't ¯\(ツ)

But full disclosure, if you keep writing posts pretending a name change of a commercial brand which was the same word as a slur and for which some kind of campaign existed is the same as a name change for a country which is a different word than a slur and for which not a single person gives a s**t, I'll probably continue to make fun for you for it :tearsofjoy:
Like I said, we can go around in circles.

I've stated that it is overly sensitive to take offence to someone's name, which you've agreed, yet you continue to debate me like 'the name is the same as the slur' like it's some sort of epiphany you've given me, like I didn't know already - yeah righto mate, have fun with that. Trying the 'dumb low IQ' angle in a bid to discredit.

Continue if you wish, my position is clear, which you seem to agree, yet you still wanna attempt to discredit.:shrug: - that says something.

Cause Carringbush2010 seems a most determined fellow.
Determined to keep goading, everyone knows that taking offence to a persons name is infantile and irrational, there are those who keep replying in post with all sorts of angles, trying to justify opposition to that view, even after they've admitted they hold the same position as my goodself. :shrug:

Yeah it's entertaining.

Like I said, we can go around in circles.

I've stated that it is overly sensitive to take offence to someone's name, which you've agreed, yet you continue to debate me like 'the name is the same as the slur' like it's some sort of epiphany you've given me, like I didn't know already - yeah righto mate, have fun with that. Trying the 'dumb low IQ' angle in a bid to discredit.

Continue if you wish, my position is clear, which you seem to agree, yet you still wanna attempt to discredit.:shrug: - that says something.
lol

You know the name is the same, but think another situation in which the name is different is equivalent. Doesn't exactly track to put it mildly, and I note that you have still provided not a single shred of rationale to back up this bizarre take. Keep chanting it if you want, but as noted pages ago at some stage you probably have to provide an actual argument as to why its the case.

Likewise, you refuse to touch the concept that taking offense to a person's name is not the same as taking offense to a brand name. Kinda says something about your position that you won't engage with this point I'd suggest.

If you'd prefer to stop going round in circles address these mate, as opposed to just chanting your talking points while ignoring them.

lol

You know the name is the same, but think another situation in which the name is different is equivalent. Doesn't exactly track to put it mildly, and I note that you have still provided not a single shred of rationale to back up this bizarre take. Keep chanting it if you want, but as noted pages ago at some stage you probably have to provide an actual argument as to why its the case.

Likewise, you refuse to touch the concept that taking offense to a person's name is not the same as taking offense to a brand name. Kinda says something about your position that you won't engage with this point I'd suggest.

If you'd prefer to stop going round in circles address these mate, as opposed to just chanting your talking points while ignoring them.
If you wanna stop, no worries, thanks for agreeing that taking offence to someone's name is irrational.

Wow you really won this exchange.
He could have just typed "black people are wrong!" 50 times and saved some time.

We can go around and around on circles if you want.

I've clearly stated that I fairly speculate that the company may have reacted to noise and may not have gathered valid evidence. Haven't claimed that as a definite as you've claimed I have in your post here.

I've asked a question of you, you've answered, not sure why you keep on trying to debate me when you know what my position is.
  • I find it overly sensitive to be offended by someone's name, I've asked you this and you've agreed.
  • I've speculated that the company may have over reacted to noise instead of evidence, not claimed it as a definite, just pointing out it would be over reactive to do so.
so arguing about a hypothetical then, which is probably not going to end well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you wanna stop, no worries, thanks for agreeing that taking offence to someone's name is irrational.
Ironclad rebuttal there lol

Thanks for confirming you're psychologically incapable of engaging with the arguments presented and have no interest in a good faith debate. Please continue yelling at clouds cheese.

Ps. love the new thread title :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Lol, Well I'm flattered, someone names a thread after me as an attempted bait.

That says all one needs to know, I'm living rent free in the minds of many.

That's on them not on me, too bad so sad.

CB is right.
jon-hamm-head-nod.gif

If only he could articulate why he is eh?

lol

Might need to direct me to those posts mate
He’s talked most of you around to admitting it’s “overly sensitive” through gritted teeth. He’s acknowledged why it made sense for them (Kraft) to change the name of the product. You guys keep pretending the Niger analogy doesn’t work. Aside from that it’s just been idiotic chiding about how much he supposedly cares.

Being offended by the name of the cheese in question
When did that happen? I recall him badgering people with "It's just the name of a sainted cheese-maker and you're upset about it!"

Back