Copeland a step closer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtrot

Club Legend
Feb 28, 2002
Bathurst
AFL Club
Richmond
Article in todays Herald Sun suggests the Demons are striving to pick up Ryan Houlihan who hasn't come to terms with the blues. This of course means we would be able to pick up Copeland with our first pick.

Unless the Dees pick Copeland leaving us with the opportunity of a double pronged fear inducing Houlattack.

Register your projected outrage here.

Originally posted by Foxtrot
Unless the Dees pick Copeland leaving us with the opportunity of a double pronged fear inducing Houlattack.

Register your projected outrage here.
no chance of that happening.the dees have offered houlihan a 3yr deal.

cheers!

Re: Re: Copeland a step closer?

Originally posted by tiger of old
no chance of that happening.the dees have offered houlihan a 3yr deal.

cheers!

Sly dogs! playing Carlton at their own game!

Originally posted by evo
Good stuff,Copeland is that 1 step closer.Surely Richmond wouldn't entertain the idea of picking up another Houlihan.Leaves Phil Read out in the cold:D ,I bet he s spewing he didn't nominate for the national draft now.:eek:

I dont think he'll be left out in the cold... l wouldnt be surprised if he finds himself at punt road via our 2nd PSD pick!

Originally posted by Wally Matera
I dont think he'll be left out in the cold... l wouldnt be surprised if he finds himself at punt road via our 2nd PSD pick!

I would rather him than Betheras or Seymour

Originally posted by corporal
I would rather him than Betheras or Seymour

Yeah l know, so would l. However, l think Burgan is totally on the money with his expectations abour who Richmond will pick up in the National (Used players only).

And that still leaves us with two picks in the PSD. Therefore if we pick up Morrison, Motlop, Betheras, Seymour in the National, who will be left for us to pick up in the PSD?

Copeland & ??????

are recycled players the answer for Richmond?
Do they risk going down the same path as Carton and eventually just not have any decent youth?

Wouldn't be surprised if Melbourne picked Read if they can't get Houlahoop.
The Dees might not even get a pick if they decide to use all their picks tomorrow.
Copeland would be great, and I can seee the Tigers ggetting Rupert the Bear and Seymore. With so many picks I think wewill get half old and half new.
We need some experience to top up the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking the same thing myself. I think we will go into the psd with two picks and use one or both, depending on who is there and our cap situation. This would leave us with the required 37 or 38 on our senior list.

Yeah l know, so would l. However, l think Burgan is totally on the money with his expectations abour who Richmond will pick up in the National (Used players only).

And that still leaves us with two picks in the PSD. Therefore if we pick up Morrison, Motlop, Betheras, Seymour in the National, who will be left for us to pick up in the PSD?

Copeland & ??????
I'd be surprised (and somewhat upset) if we picked up all of Motlop, Seymour and Betheras. I think it would more likely be one or two of them and possibly some younger recycled players.

dont be suprised with a few suprise,s.
i believe miller has embarked on a campaign to get players from clubs who have had either taste of success or young types who have had lack of oppitunity but have been at a successfull envoirment.
if you look at our recent additions:
blumfield[flag with the bombers]
johnson[duel flags ith crows]

possible inclusions:
copeland[flags with the lions
morrison[in a successful envoirment]

we have an eye on:
wright[brisbane]
weller[brisbane].

id rather go this way than pickup the likes of betheras,motlop,fletcher and so on.

cheers!

i believe miller has embarked on a campaign to get players from clubs who have had either taste of success or young types who have had lack of oppitunity but have been at a successfull envoirment.
if you look at our recent additions:
blumfield[flag with the bombers]
johnson[duel flags ith crows]

possible inclusions:

we have an eye on:
wright[brisbane]
weller[brisbane].

id rather go this way than pickup the likes of betheras,motlop,fletcher and so on.

you make a strong point there T.O.O.

cheers!

They won't be surprises if we aren't surprised. :D

possible inclusions:

we have an eye on:
wright[brisbane]
weller[brisbane].

cheers! [/B]

Agree 100%. Possibly a bit more short term risk but potentially the upside is greater. Picking up players on the wrong side of 27 may have some short term benefits adding a bit of depth, but doesn't help much in building up a decent list that can be sustained for a number of years.

(Although we would be starting to look a bit like Brisbane's reserves side with all those players ).:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back