News AFL corruption & alleged secret drug testing

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick Warner has just thrown a hand grenade about how corrupt the AFL is as a sporting body

Meanwhile hard hitting industry investigative reporter and CFL shill Wok Fry Barrett responds to the issue and Melbourne's drug culture problems by writing a very damning piece on AFL.com.au

Only the piece is in praise of Melbourne FC and damning of none other than.....

Richmond FC over things that happened 4 years ago and the club was heavily punished for and had very little actual control over....meanwhile not a single word about the explosive claims the CFL is now facing. Just, whatever is wrong, or has been wrong, is Richmond's fault. And all that has been done wrong by other clubs and the CFL cheating, lying and covering up their wrongdoing is not wrong at all because they are stoically getting on with their cheating, lying and cover-ups.

With this article he is basically confirming the CFL has it in for Richmond and will punish and scapegoat the club in any way it possibly can.

Laughably corrupt and rotten putrid organisation. The place is bent around corners.

Last edited:
Meanwhile hard hitting industry investigative reporter and CFL shill Wok Fry Barrett responds to the issue and Melbourne's drug culture problems by writing a very damning piece on AFL.com.au

Only the piece is in praise of Melbourne FC and damning of none other than.....

Richmond FC over things that happened 4 years ago and the club was heavily punished for and had very little actual control over....meanwhile not a single word about the explosive claims the CFL is now facing. Just, whatever is wrong, or has been wrong, is Richmond's fault. And all that has been done wrong by other clubs and the CFL cheating, lying and covering up their wrongdoing is not wrong at all because they are stoically getting on with their cheating, lying and cover-ups.

With this article he is basically confirming the CFL has it in for Richmond and will punish and scapegoat the club in any way it possibly can.

Laughably corrupt and rotten putrid organisation. The place is bent around corners.

I'm going to do it again, but..... i told you so.

The AFL were not going to forget how childish the clubs group behaved & they haven't. Dimma having the affair was the final straw. I've said this....how many times? the way the players and club acted in the hub infuriated the AFL. I knew people working in the hub & involved setting it up - they all made the same comments, almost in the same wording. when that happens, you know its a narrative not an individual opinion

When did our standards start to drop? What were the key moments that happened at that time that caused it?

When did our bad umpiring situation start happening?

Timing is everything when working out the "How & Why".

That article is a joke, i agree with you there. But it says a hell of a lot more than it intended. Why bring 2020 Richmond up ? none of our players took drugs. The comparisons are weak at best. I can tell you why. It is the benchmark of what to expect when you ignite the wrath of the AFL.

Did Collingwood get this wrath for having a systematically racist organisation? No.

Did Hawthorn, Nth or Brisbane get it when it was accused Clarko & Fagan were racist & encouraged aboriginal players to break up with their partners and get abortions? No.

They are far worse crimes against humanity and image. So why?

Because one risked their image & the other risked them all the monies. Their priorities are straight and clear. What we did in that hub is, in their eyes, worse than any of that & even arguably the Bombers drug scandal, because money was the biggest risk.

The only time the AFL was more vindictive was against Carlton in the cap breach. Their punishment is still beyond belief IMO. And Why?

Elliott with his insistence to remain at Optus Oval over TD, even at one point threatening to deny C7 staff and cameras into the ground & stating he would request $1,000,000 per game moved away from Optus Oval. Carlton had a contract till 2035 to play at the ground and the AFL were basically ****ed to break it, hence Elliotts demand. They tried to say Optus was not up to standard. Yeah the car-park was crap, but so is the MCGs & Waverleys was way worse. And was the grounds facility worse than Kardinia Park in 2002? Not on your nelly. Kardinia Park was a right shithole. Optus w was great to see games at from a Carlton perspective, & i know as i was there. My dad is a massive carlton supporter and purchased me a carlton membership to go to games with him, which i did as a thank you for him taking me to Richmonds games for my entire childhood.

it was the last suburban ground & it only came a problem once they made Telstra Dome. Carlton had a contract & Elliott knew it was near impossible to break & once the ground was paid off , projected to be in 2002, the AFL had nothing to stand on moving forward. All the AFL ever had as an argument was "that is was not up to league standard", which was rubbish, it was fine & with the upgrades would have been more than fine. When the cap breaches were found however, that was all they needed to ******* bury the entire club, and Elliott - to ensure the problem would "go away" & the debt blew out, instead of got resolved.

If you * with the AFL's income stream, they will bury you, no matter who you are. In 2020, we did exactly that. But the AFL could not be as blatant as we had not really broken any laws etc. And thats how you end up with "Arc-Gate"

Last edited:

I'm going to do it again, but..... i told you so.

The AFL were not going to forget how childish the clubs group behaved & they haven't. Dimma having the affair was the final straw. I've said this....how many times? the way the players and club acted in the hub infuriated the AFL. I knew people working in the hub & involved setting it up - they all made the same comments, almost in the same wording. when that happens, you know its a narrative not an individual opinion

When did our standards start to drop? What were the key moments that happened at that time that caused it?

When did our bad umpiring situation start happening?

Timing is everything when working out the "How & Why".

The trouble with the AFL whingeing through their media shills about Richmond's behaviour in the hub is that there is nothing substantial in it bar:

• the Stack/CCJ hub breach for which the cub was duly punished and which the club did not have direct control over, and
  • the Mrs Cotchin breach and ditto.

None of those people who committed those breaches are anything to do with the club any longer.

Vague allegations of "acting entitled" or even trying to point to the coach having an affair with another person within the hub cannot be told apart from idle gossip, which is precisely what it is.

What was really going on was Geelong was cheating the soft cap to try to get a massive advantage and this was sanctioned and facilitated by Steven Hocking from within the AFL, and they were fuming when it did not amount to a Geelong Premiership due to the presence of that big bad party spoiling monster that was Richmond. So they took their corrupt cheating even further with Geelong designed rule changes that were also aimed to specifically bring Richmond's game plan undone.

Geelong and the media would have us believe that great guy Chris Scott worked for nothing in 2020 allowing "others to keep their jobs." Code for he was paid off the books so Geelong didn't have to lay off other coaches like Richmond and other clubs did.

It is just amazing that now as the corruption of this lying cheating organisation is laid bare that they still think they can divert public attention by referring to the big bad monster Richmond's "misbehaviour" in the hub in 2020.

How you could possibly fall for that is beyond me RJK, but then you were never the sharpest tool.

More corruption allegations at AFL House
Gil may have stepped down, but they’re gonna drag him back in to face allegations of banned / illicit drug tampering corruption and other goings on at Melbourne Football Club, under his watch. Let’s wait n see if the MFC have the cahoonas to drag the AFL down with them.
There’s already a thread on this on the Main Board.

Sweep it under the carpet this mob corrupt to the core. Never seen officials protected like in the afl and I'm sick of this bs we're short of umpires and we don't want it to stream to junior level that's all crap. We got taken to the cleaners over those hub situations. We're do you start.

The Eagles flag back in the day let's not go there with the drug issues.

The tip off to Essendon that they we're going to get raided

The pies racism within the club

Wasn't there umpire or goal umpire caught betting last year what's happened there lol ?

The hawks and lions saga disgraceful and let's not forget the crows saga to.

Then you got a afl employee changes a rule because his former club whingers about us , and the following year his appointed back at the club if that's not conflict of interest what is utter corruption.

The dees tanking players and coaches openly admitted it to and they got a slap on the wrist.

More corruption allegations at AFL House
Gil may have stepped down, but they’re gonna drag him back in to face allegations of banned / illicit drug tampering corruption and other goings on at Melbourne Football Club, under his watch. Let’s wait n see if the MFC have the cahoonas to drag the AFL down with them.
There’s already a thread on this on the Main Board.

lmao melbourne wouldnt exist if not for afl and big clubs teet , they'll lie down and cop it sweet

Geeze this one sounds like a doozy

Be interesting if the damage from a club perspective is limited to Melbourne or other clubs are dragged in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL drugs bombshell: MP tells federal parliament of secret illicit drug tests allegedly authorised by league’s top medico​

A Melbourne Football Club doctor has sensationally admitted to conducting “off the books” illicit drug tests – allegedly authorised by the AFL – to help players evade detection on match days.
The doctor-turned-whistleblower says players who confessed to having taken drugs in the days before AFL games were given secret tests to ensure their systems were clear or were advised to “fake an injury” so they would not risk being tested and suspended for breaches of the World Anti-Doping Agency code.

Federal MP Andrew Wilkie told parliament on Tuesday night he had received a signed statement from former Demons head doctor Zeeshan Arain in which he accuses the AFL of facilitating the clandestine drug tests at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg.

Mr Wilkie called on Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to intervene in the scandal.

In a stunning address, Mr Wilkie said: “I rise to bring the house’s attention deeply troubling allegations of egregious misconduct within the AFL provided by former Melbourne football club president Glen Bartlett, former Melbourne football club doctor ZeeshanArain and Shaun Smith, father of Melbourne player and now alleged drug trafficker Joel Smith.

“The allegations include the prevalence of drug abuse and other prohibited behaviour across the AFL, off the books drug-testingof players at Dorevitch Pathology in Heidelberg, facilitated by the former chief medical officer of the AFL Peter Harcourt, the resting of players testing positive in these secret tests, ostensibly on account of injury, wilful inaction by AFL chairman Richard Goyder, and former CEO Gill McLachlan ….

“Here is what happened as has been described to me: The AFL wants the player to play at all costs and so the cover up begins.

“If there are no illegal drugs in the player’s system they are free to play and if there are drugs in their system the player is often asked to fake an injury.

“They are advised to lie about a condition, while the results of the off-the-book tests are kept secret and are never shared with Sports Integrity Australia or WADA.

“In other words, hundreds of thousands of Australians will watch the game not knowing that the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL and thousands of Australians will bet on that game not knowing the game has been secretly manipulated by the AFL.

“So next time you hear a player has a hamstring injury, you could be forgiven for wondering what is really going on.

“But as Dr Arain explains this isn’t just a Melbourne problem, it is an AFL problem with multiple players coming to Melbourne from other teams with pre-existing cocaine dependencies more than suggesting that drug testing workarounds are commonplace elsewhere in the AFL.

“The documents in my possession also indicate a shocking unwillingness of senior AFL executives to address drug abuse by players and executives, particularly in relation to cocaine use.

“For instance here are very detailed notes of a telephone meeting between Gill McLachlan, Richard Goyder and Glen Bartlett.”

The AFL has a longstanding contract with Dorevitch Pathology to conduct testing for its controversial out-of-competition illicit drugs code.

Match day drug tests are conducted by SIA officers under the world anti-doping code.

The stunning claims are likely to draw the interest of WADA chiefs, SIA and the Albanese Government, which has responsibilities under the global anti-doping code.

Mr Wilkie said the allegations were deeply troubling and called on Prime Minister Anthony Albanese to review the signed statements and “personally intervene in this matter”.

“It is not an exaggeration to say the off-the-books testing scheme I’ve described sees the AFL effectively involved in a multi-hundred million dollar fraud on governments and taxpayers.

“Aussie Rules football is far too important to our nation. I call for intervention at the highest level and ask the PrimeMinister to personally intervene in this matter … because right now Deputy Speaker the term white line fever has taken on a different and sinister meaning at the AFL.”

Joel Smith failed an anti-doping drugs test last August after traces of cocaine were detected in his system from a urine sample taken by SIA testers on match-day.

He has since been accused by SIA of cocaine trafficking and faces a lifetime ban from sport.

In Shaun Smith’s statement, detailed by Mr Wilkie, he said: “If I had known of a massive drug problem in the AFL when my son was 14 I would have said you’re playing baseball, you’re playing something else.

“Something is not right when you get so many broken players.”

Cocaine is considered to be a performance-enhancing substance if detected on game day.

Dr Arain was sacked by the Demons in October 2020 after eight years as head doctor – just days after raising serious concerns about the club’s culture with chief executive Gary Pert.

Lawyers for Dr Arain hit the club with an unlawful dismissal claim, which led to a significant settlement. Dr Harcourt, an AFL life member who became embroiled in the Essendon drugs scandal, stepped down as the league’s chief medical officer in October 2021.

The AFL and Melbourne are being contacted for comment.

The government Tuesday night blocked attempts by Mr Wilkie to formally table the signed statements to parliament.

MICHAEL WARNER

REPORTER

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...o/news-story/e5999f6f4d289e358d3fa0c4533c1a38

We been to nice to the afl only Dimma use to have crack I'll give him that and he was holding back to and the other one is Balme. Gale needs to role up his sleeves because members and supporters made it known on Sunday and this week enough is enough.
Gale won't say anything, he is more concerned about the Tasmanian job.

Anyway Gil left at the right time.

mick warner is the only journo with big enough balls to break a story like this, not a coincedence that he is a Richmond man

the others would look the other way if it went over their desk especially wankley who is clearly on the afl payroll

mick warner is the only journo with big enough balls to break a story like this, not a coincedence that he is a Richmond man

the others would look the other way if it went over their desk especially wankley who is clearly on the afl payroll
They buy the media to that's why there all puppets. Warner got the sack because of his accurate reporting.

Almost 8am and haven’t seen one mention of this story across any of the footy media’s accounts

It’s literally front page of the heard sun but literally crickets from any AFL “accredited” jurno
Shows how much power the AFL has over them

Almost 8am and haven’t seen one mention of this story across any of the footy media’s accounts

It’s literally front page of the heard sun but literally crickets from any AFL “accredited” jurno
Shows how much power the AFL has over them
benny gale should do a forced takeover of the corrupt afl , dont worry about tassiemania... bigger fishys to fry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back