News AFL corruption & alleged secret drug testing

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like where this conversation is going ... next thing people are guessing which players ... and that conversation might be okay with mates or at the pub but this a public forum ... that Jon Ralph gets most of his articles from lol
Don’t worry, bigfooty doesn’t allow naming of players/people in general unless they’ve already been explicitly named by a major media outlet - which they haven’t. People were already warned against doing so in regard to the Brisbane Vegas saga.

Is it just me, or has this 'saga' evaporated very quickly?
What saga?
Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

Last edited:
Imagine the mental gymnastics to find a way to blame Melbourne's toxic culture on Richmond?

In 2020 we:
-had two players that were adequately punished by the club for breaking the rules
-paid a hefty fine for Cotchin's wife leaving the hotel and didn't complain
-had players accused of racially motivated sexual assault of Mabior Chol (LOL????????????)

Suck my dick Barrett.
Barrett eh? Shock jock journo.. mention of " RFC's ruthless" is a throwback to the GR days. Cotch embodied it a bit. Not much ruthless about the club at all. Except Gale's vision. Rioi and Bolton $20k fine for fighting.

Mostly just the right mix of people on and off.

Melbourne FC win it in 2021, 3 years later they're embroiled in coke controversy.

The $100k fine turned into a soft cap fine with Dimma's contract at its peak cost us good assistant coaches. Dusty getting injured stuffed the 2021 season, along with Stand

Last edited:
Sports Integrity Australia released a magazine recently which has a section on illicit drugs in sport. Where are they with the AFL on this issue? We haven't heard a peep from them and this s**t is why they exist

View attachment 1950234

WADA will give the player a 1 month ban if they complete a substance abuse treatment plan. Why is the AFL doing their own version of this outside of WADA/ASADA?
Cocaine on game day? the speedy effect would wear off quickly. "Speed" might be better. A couple of injections pre game? Caffeine better still. Not sure how performance enhancing they would in an endurance sport like AFL. Melbourne player has it in his system on game day maybe residue from days previous.

EPOs would be better for AFL players.

This is how the afl or any corrupt slimy organisation play their controversies, make a resolute statement then stay quiet. Soon it didn’t happen.
The case in Switzerland was 8 odd years ago. Players banned, club fined people sacked. Penalised in the draft. Ongoing poor performance on field.

Whatya want? a rememberence day?

Barrett eh? Shock jock journo.. mention of " RFC's ruthless" is a throwback to the GR days. Cotch embodied it a bit. Not much ruthless about the club at all. Except Gale's vision. Rioi and Stack $20k fine
Mostly just the right mix of people on and off.

Melbourne FC win it in 2021, 3 years later they're embroiled in coke controversy.

The $100k fine turned into a soft cap fine with Dimma's contract at its peak cost us good assistant coaches. Dusty getting injured stuffed the 2021 season, along with Stand
As well as Rancey's retirement! Do not underestimate Rance's value to the Club...easily could have helped to snag another GF for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People crying about it being bad for betting companies if they don’t get all the right info 🤣

The horror of rortbet only making 10.5 billion instead of 10.6 dunno how I’m sleeping tonight
I know you've been disparaging of Sportsbet. I guess the AFL get % of all bets so they are not invested in any particular result per se. Ie a Freo win; a Carlton win by 4 points or 10 points. There's no free kick betting market is there? If there was I guess RFC be odds on to win that.

I have just been trying to work out how a team sport with 44 players on the field can be match fixed? I guess first goal kicked is one corruptible bet. I guess defenders giving away 50s, gifting oppo goals might be corruptible. Dylan Grimes

In cricket Indian bookies had corrupted Hansie Cronje. I know low level tennis matches were fixed; I know in basketball a point guard was corrupted and could even lose games within a spread. Can you bet on AFL in other countries

Players like Stephenson got caught. Is that tip of iceburg?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back