List Mgmt. Corona Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how many picks we will take to draft.I think first pick best available and then needs base few KP players a nice half back flanker.

We might not be picking until pick 25 with the way things are heading with free agency compensation and academy selections. Becoming completely farcical is the draft and what is supposed to be something to level the playing field is actually beginning to compromise teams.
The first round is going to be 30 picks ffs 🤦‍♂️ Not a great look :drunk:

I'm suprised our zone hasn't produce more players of quality yet been a rich area for afl players.
From memory, we had a potential kid coming through our system?

Any draft nuts know what happened to Ethan Baxter? tigs2010

Have to say that I'm not sure the draft is particularly relevant to Richmond these days. The players we brought into the Club through previous drafts have developed well or are tracking nicely but there are so many of them that we just can't hold onto every one we have. I think we are now in a trade phase where we have the luxury of identifying future needs and specifically recruiting players to fill those needs. Such as Lynch, Prestia and Caddy. I'm sure Balme and the recruiters are all over it so even though I'd prefer to keep players like Higgins and Markov, they are invaluable as currency to manage our salary cap and recruit fresh talent.

Have to say that I'm not sure the draft is particularly relevant to Richmond these days. The players we brought into the Club through previous drafts have developed well or are tracking nicely but there are so many of them that we just can't hold onto every one we have. I think we are now in a trade phase where we have the luxury of identifying future needs and specifically recruiting players to fill those needs. Such as Lynch, Prestia and Caddy. I'm sure Balme and the recruiters are all over it so even though I'd prefer to keep players like Higgins and Markov, they are invaluable as currency to manage our salary cap and recruit fresh talent.

Trading up might still be a good option.

Could get a ready to go highly rated player.

I only really know anything about draft prospects by checking out Knightmare, etc threads.
Must admit, it feels like now is the time to get a Jack R replacement while he has 2 or so seasons left.
Already leaving it a bit late. The Tasmanian looks like he may be a go, but if he isn't the answer, doesn't develop, where does that leave us?
Already had our Callum Moore, Liam McBean, that late pick with the mental health issues whose name I can't remember.

Part of me feels that between Garthwaite, Miller, Biggy, we may have our next Astbury replacement. Don't need X-factor just solid reliability.
We showed what we can do last year without Rance.
I feel that we need a Riewoldt replacement more than we need a Rance replacement and still think that Balta is actually the best prospect. Not sure how you train him to be the next Riewoldt while Riewoldt is in the team, but I hope they try next season to at least swing him forward a little.

Definitley time to draft our next spine. Balta is a huge piece but we need another young key forward. CCJ the ruck. The mids can be drafted later when we have bottomed out and have top end picks.

The top end of the draft certainly hasn't been relevant with the last good first round draft pick being Vlastuin in 2012. Our drafting beyond the first round however has been elite.

Ideal scenario is to use Markov/Higgins deals to somehow trade extra picks into the top 40. Would give us 4 picks inside the top 40 and another chance to bring in another group of talented kids, with 2 KPP types the ultimate goal and then 2 best available.

We might not be picking until pick 25 with the way things are heading with free agency compensation and academy selections. Becoming completely farcical is the draft and what is supposed to be something to level the playing field is actually beginning to compromise teams.

Not wrong afl rewarding these teams been poor with picks that a way over valued.

FA compos should always be end of the round regardless of which round.

Clubs shouldn't be penalised because s**t clubs can't manage their cap or keep their players.

Teams around the mix but just missing something really miss out. If you get knocked out 1st week of the finals you would normally still have a pick in the top 10. These days it will blow out in the teens.

I have paid no attention to the draft much this year, why would you when we’re winning flags. But just thought I’d mention there’s a KPF from Tassie that will get drafted and we know how we go with those. Jackson Callow from North Launceston, no idea where he lands but he looks very good the times I’ve seen him play

I have paid no attention to the draft much this year, why would you when we’re winning flags. But just thought I’d mention there’s a KPF from Tassie that will get drafted and we know how we go with those. Jackson Callow from North Launceston, no idea where he lands but he looks very good the times I’ve seen him play
Big solid dude. Can take a good overhead mark with a decent kick. No leap and questionable athleticism though. Also chose not to test at the state combine even though he wasn’t injured. A bit big kid beating up on smaller players. Buyer beware imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just asked Matt Balmer who will be around our first pick and he replied with ‘A guy like Archie Perkins, dashing HFF is an option. Jack Carroll and a few other interstate guys have also impressed’

I see us looking for KPF and KPD with
Jack and Astbury getttng closer to the end. They need a little time to develop usually so now is the time.
Not convinced that CCJ will stay beyond this season and he’s the only guy I can see replacing Jack in the future currently on the list.

I wonder if this is a good year to trade out of the draft and load up for following year. E.g. Trade our first rounder in a deal for another club's future first rounder.

Logic is that with our list shape at the moment I'm not sure we actually want to be bringing in too many first year players in 2021. None of this year's draft picks played a game this year, RCD hasn't even played a game, and there is too much depth. So let's exploit another club looking to take our first this year and then load up 2022 with two first rounders.

I called this! Makes a lot of sense to trade this pick out. Not a good year for our list to bring in another first rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back