Coronavirus and Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I was partying like it was 1999. In fact I wasn’t I was in bed with the worst case of a flue I ever had as an adult.

I vividly remember asking my grandad (whose NYE party we were at, I'm sure my parents had a ball with several partiers in their sixties...) why everyone was so excited, him telling me "Because it's almost a new milennium!" and me nodding acting like I knew what a milennium was at 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Null and Void is fairer than this. I've got nothing against Wycombe at all but they don't belong in the playoffs for this season

View attachment 889672
Would be interesting to know who voted for what. Presumable Peterborough and Sunderland probably voted against it.

I’ve definitely noticed public goodwill to adhering to restrictions is starting to fray over here. Fortunately case numbers are low and most of the more substantive restrictions are in the process of being lifted anyway.

I would imagine with the protests and the Cummings incident there would be similar sentiments over in the UK?

I’ve definitely noticed public goodwill to adhering to restrictions is starting to fray over here. Fortunately case numbers are low and most of the more substantive restrictions are in the process of being lifted anyway.

I would imagine with the protests and the Cummings incident there would be similar sentiments over in the UK?
People have been using Cummings as an excuse to absolve themselves from personal responsibility.

A few statues will get pulled down over here in exchange for a 2nd wave.

I think people gave up on the lockdown long before Cummings/protests.

Agree with Bojan that people are using that as an excuse.

As soon as the sun came out it was always going to be hard to keep people inside. But I think lockdown was only ever going to have a limited shelf life in the UK any way.

I think people gave up on the lockdown long before Cummings/protests.

Agree with Bojan that people are using that as an excuse.

As soon as the sun came out it was always going to be hard to keep people inside. But I think lockdown was only ever going to have a limited shelf life in the UK any way.

Opposite effect in Australia - willingness to adhere seems to be decreasing as it’s getting colder!

To be honest I think it’s probably more to do with declining COVID incidence and with it perceived risk of exposure in both countries than anything else. This was always going to be a big challenge for governments. Back in March/April the fear and uncertainty around what was happening with disease spread was enough to keep most people locked up indoors of their own volition. Now for the most part that fear factor is gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back