A-League A-League Men Round 1 - Now With Pause and Rewind!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

May have celebrated the Australia Cup win too much me think. Luke Bratton was a bit of a loose cannon tonight maybe he should concentrate on playing football instead of trying to be the phycological pest.
Nah nothing to do with that. We were just rubbish.

Mind wasn’t on the job, no plan.

As for the pest part the niggling frees the Vuck we’re giving away were more pest like.

I'm not expecting us to improve. Losing Goodwin, two of our 3 main defensive midfielders and the other (Isaias) on the decline each year. To achieve the same (Top 4) finishes as recent seasons, we probably need all of the following:

• Ibusuki, Popovic, Halloran to return to best form
  • improvement from Irankunda (especially stamina), Bernardo (after injury, he was great when he came into the team initially)
  • Javi and Kitto can't get injured
  • Tunnicliffe turns out to be a gem
  • Clough stays fit and realises his potential

Maybe Madanha, Yull or Musa Toure breakout, we'll see.

✅
✅
✅

😁

Ibusuki and Javi aside it certainly seemed positive against my checklist.

Though Mariners are clearly not the same team as last season, copped 2 players down in the first half, and some big calls went our way.

Welly is the only other A Leagues team I have fond feelings for, but I think it's obvious the Reds are the third biggest team in the league after The Smurfs and Vuck, and their original rivalry matches v Victory are usually good value, no matter where they are on the table.

Would love to see SA get another team, Adelaide is a proud and rich football state, they deserve to have a local derby (although happy Canberra is getting a men's team, and a 2nd team in NZ)
I only seem to watch Phoenix when they play my side, they've been a frustrating team to play against recently. Giving them a proper look now.

More in favour of a relegation system here but wont be disappointed when Canberra get in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back