A-League A-League Men Round 1 - Now With Pause and Rewind!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League men Round One. A new A-League season has arrived and finally Paramount Plus after two seasons has entered the technology age adding pause and rewind to their coverage so we can now take our toilet breaks during the football and not miss any of the action oh... the privilege thankyou Paramount!
As for the on field action we have some tasty matches to open the season. The highlight of course the 'Big Blue' on Saturday night a resurgent Victory up against Sydney FC the reigning Australia Cup champions. We have that other Melbourne Derby Between Melbourne City V Western United as well on Saturday afternoon and a tasty opening match in Adelaide on Friday night between the Reds and the current Champions Mariners. Good to have the A-League back! Looking forward to another great season hopefully less controversial to last season but its the A-League who knows what to expect.

A-League Men Round One

Friday 20th October

Adelaide United V Central Coast Mariners 7:45pm ESDT 7:15pm CSDT, Coopers Stadium

Saturday 21st October
Macarthur F.C V Brisbane Roar 3:30pm ESDT, 2:30pm EST, Campbelltown Stadium
Melbourne City V Western United 5:30pm ESDT, AAMI Park
Sydney F.C V Melbourne Victory 7:45pm ESDT, Allianz Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check your local guides)

Sunday 22nd October
Western Sydney Wanderers V Wellington Phoenix, 3:00pm ESDT, 6:00pm NZLT, CommBank Stadium (Live on 10 Bold, Check your local guides)
Perth Glory V Newcastle Jets, 7:45pm ESDT, 4:45pm WST, HBF Park

Predictions: Adel 1-0 Bris 2-1 City 2-0 Syd 2-1 WSW 1-0 Perth V New 1-1

Enjoy the football this weekend

Seems like City are going to be pretty hard to beat this season, they might finally purchase that toilet seat that's been snatched from them so many times. I'm doubtful my adopted team WUFC will be able to provide me anything near the standard I've enjoyed over the last 4 seasons with Diamante retiring, Prijović moving on & Jamie Young defecting to the dark side, although I'm still hopeful Aloisi can get the best out of the squad. Everyone's 2nd side from last year CCM surely won't entertain like they did last season due to their departures too so I'll be interested to see who can come out of nowhere and shake things up, whoever it is will receive my unwavering support for the next 8 months. Will it be WSW or could MVFC somehow win back my affections..?

ADL 2-0, MAC/BRI 1-1, CITY 3-1, SYD 2-1, WSW 2-0, PG 1-0

Bummed about the timing of the Big Blue. I'm going to be in Sydney this weekend. I'm even going to be in Moore Park on Saturday night! Going to the wrestling though, which clashes with the football. Shame, it was so close to being awesome.

Seems like City are going to be pretty hard to beat this season, they might finally purchase that toilet seat that's been snatched from them so many times. I'm doubtful my adopted team WUFC will be able to provide me anything near the standard I've enjoyed over the last 4 seasons with Diamante retiring, Prijović moving on & Jamie Young defecting to the dark side, although I'm still hopeful Aloisi can get the best out of the squad. Everyone's 2nd side from last year CCM surely won't entertain like they did last season due to their departures too so I'll be interested to see who can come out of nowhere and shake things up, whoever it is will receive my unwavering support for the next 8 months. Will it be WSW or could MVFC somehow win back my affections..?

ADL 2-0, MAC/BRI 1-1, CITY 3-1, SYD 2-1, WSW 2-0, PG 1-0
lol jumping off already? Western United will be fine and with them moving games to their training base this season it will finally be given some sustainability in terms of not being a traveling circus. Still a long way to go until their real stadium is build but its steps in the right direction.

lol jumping off already? Western United will be fine and with them moving games to their training base this season it will finally be given some sustainability in terms of not being a traveling circus. Still a long way to go until their real stadium is build but its steps in the right direction.
Better than the car crash that is MacArthur.

How you can be given a region like that, massive grassroots & good stadium with the possibility of an upgrade and they completely * it up, to the point that the grassroots/community in the area loath them, I’ll never know.

Nah they're still my no#1 at this stage, just jokingly speculating on who might challenge MC come finals time now that WU & CCM have lost a stack of talent. It's good to see WU's home base coming to fruition, but like I think I've mentioned a few times, I've been following them simply because of their player & game quality. In fact it's been easier for me to spread out & put my feet up at AMMI Park to watch them, doubt I'll make the trek out west to watch them too often. ⚽

(Log in to remove this ad.)

City will be slow out the gates, and the premiership dominance may cease.

Lots of young talent leaving, and mature talent injured so goals may be hard to come by.

Plenty of new players in, but it takes time to adapt to the city way.

Australia Cup form wasn't great, and ACL games have been ok.

I think Sydney, Adelaide and WSW to be up there this season. One of the Melbourne teams in the 4.

City will be slow out the gates, and the premiership dominance may cease.

Lots of young talent leaving, and mature talent injured so goals may be hard to come by.

Plenty of new players in, but it takes time to adapt to the city way.

Australia Cup form wasn't great, and ACL games have been ok.

I think Sydney, Adelaide and WSW to be up there this season. One of the Melbourne teams in the 4.
Really?

Lost Goodwin, Kitto somehow captain, doesn't look like much in midfield or CB?

Wish granted he's gone!!

He's an absolute twat. Seemed like he deliberately wanted to harm the game.

Seriously how could anyone decide it's a good idea to announce the Sydney GF decision which they clearly knew was going to cause a shitstorm one week before a big pre christmas derby? Utter madness.

He's an absolute twat. Seemed like he deliberately wanted to harm the game.

Seriously how could anyone decide it's a good idea to announce the Sydney GF decision which they clearly knew was going to cause a shitstorm one week before a big pre christmas derby? Utter madness.
Ask the clubs as they all were the ones who agreed to it.

Ask the clubs as they all were the ones who agreed to it.

That wasn't the case, plenty were against it. And they certainly didn't decide to announce it in possibly the most stupid way possible.

Townsend is an absolute twat. Getting rid of him is a major victory for the APL.

That wasn't the case, plenty were against it. And they certainly didn't decide to announce it in possibly the most stupid way possible.

Townsend is an absolute twat. Getting rid of him is a major victory for the APL.
It was the case.
No they all were for it and got cold feet and no showed.

I’m sure it’s nice to wrap it up in a little bow but as much as he did drop the ball especially in his media promoting it, this was the clubs decision. He is the scapegoat, and we still have the same clubs who made that choice.

It was the case.
No they all were for it and got cold feet and no showed.

I’m sure it’s nice to wrap it up in a little bow but as much as he did drop the ball especially in his media promoting it, this was the clubs decision. He is the scapegoat, and we still have the same clubs who made that choice.

From my contacts at MVFC at the time the gist I got was that it was put to the clubs take it or the future of the A League may be jeopardised. Even then many backed out of supporting it. Including ADP at the time.

It was an APL idea driven by him all along to claw back money from covid losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back