A-League A-League Men Round 1 - Now With Pause and Rewind!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my contacts at MVFC at the time the gist I got was that it was put to the clubs take it or the future of the A League may be jeopardised. Even then many backed out of supporting it. Including ADP at the time.

It was an APL idea driven by him all along to claw back money from covid losses.
It’s rubbish and a way to get people on side when they realised the shitstorm that was incoming.
The clubs made the choice and then ran for cover.
Most backed out, they just didn’t do it the right way professionally, instead using social media.
Danny isn’t a saint in all this, in no way shape or form, but he isn’t the instigator.

Really?

Lost Goodwin, Kitto somehow captain, doesn't look like much in midfield or CB?
We'll get a good preview tonight to see how CCM and AU look after their off season changes.

One reason I think Adelaide will still be there or there abouts is another season of Irankunda. If he's able to play full games this year, look out ...

We'll get a good preview tonight to see how CCM and AU look after their off season changes.

One reason I think Adelaide will still be there or there abouts is another season of Irankunda. If he's able to play full games this year, look out ...
I'm not expecting us to improve. Losing Goodwin, two of our 3 main defensive midfielders and the other (Isaias) on the decline each year. To achieve the same (Top 4) finishes as recent seasons, we probably need all of the following:

• Ibusuki, Popovic, Halloran to return to best form
  • improvement from Irankunda (especially stamina), Bernardo (after injury, he was great when he came into the team initially)
  • Javi and Kitto can't get injured
  • Tunnicliffe turns out to be a gem
  • Clough stays fit and realises his potential

Maybe Madanha, Yull or Musa Toure breakout, we'll see.

Last edited:

Yeah I hope he goes to another level. Serious potential

Was Irankunda in a moon boot a few weeks ago?
There was a rumour. As far as I'm aware there's no concerns about him at all. He's in the squad for tonight, club has said he's had a great off season and in the conversation to start more games.

From my contacts at MVFC at the time the gist I got was that it was put to the clubs take it or the future of the A League may be jeopardised. Even then many backed out of supporting it. Including ADP at the time.

It was an APL idea driven by him all along to claw back money from covid losses.

I thought it was more to do with the poor TV deal. Which bonuses weren’t paid out by paramount and channel 10 due to the poor ratings in the first season of the deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reds 3-0!! Any doubts that Adelaide ain't gonna be any good this season put to bed I guess

They must hang on to Irankunda this season. The amount of clubs trying to buy him will be endless but it is best for him to ace being a starter in the A League first IMO before going to Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back