News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, I’ve got a close friend who gets informed of these things given the role in a certain company she currently occupies has hit me up a few days ahead of most of the lockdowns and she’s been spot on. She gets told by the government a few days ahead.

She told me stage 4 to come in on Friday.

Either way, the jungle drums are beating, this week some time.

Statewide, or Melbourne?

nah, I’ve got a close friend who gets informed of these things given the role in a certain company she currently occupies has hit me up a few days ahead of most of the lockdowns and she’s been spot on. She gets told by the government a few days ahead.

She told me stage 4 to come in on Friday.

Either way, the jungle drums are beating, this week some time.

you’re close friend must have some relation to my two unrelated close friends who’ve screenshotted the exact same whatsapp message

I love the use of “potentially” too as it absolves them of any blame if it doesn’t happen.

for mine, a scaremongering technique to get people to follow the current restrictions - and these guys have form having done similar back in April

I still think a form of stage 4 will come in, what it will look like is anyone’s guess. The reality is stage 3 is an incredibly tame lockdown, at least with the first lockdown most retail voluntarily shut itself down, all schools were closed, you could hardly find a single person working in an office...all these things have changed. Most of the population are not taking it seriously, most industries are still operating so the majority of the workforce is deemed essential...and many are using that loophole to go wherever they want in Melbourne.

If we are fair dinkum we need send vce kids and special schools home, we don’t need jbhifi, eb games etc open. Only something similar to a NZ stage 4 will restrict movement enough to make a real difference.

If "Cannot Leave Your Postcode" is one of the rules of Stage 4, I will absolutely spew.

I'm on the border of 2 postcodes and pretty much everything I do (shopping, exercise, etc...) is technically in another postcode that is literally 1-2 minutes WALK away. If I had to stay in my postcode, I'd be travelling & getting out and about much more.

Please do not go back to postcode lottery. It lasted less than 5 days the 1st time, so don't make the same mistake again.

As for "Office Lockdown - Letter required". Well, I currently have such a letter, but while we can 100% work from home, we are not allowed to. So basically, employers - not the government/police - would be making the decisions!

Last edited:
you’re close friend must have some relation to my two unrelated close friends who’ve screenshotted the exact same whatsapp message

I love the use of “potentially” too as it absolves them of any blame if it doesn’t happen.

for mine, a scaremongering technique to get people to follow the current restrictions - and these guys have form having done similar back in April

nah, the screen shot is separate from my friends text, who sent it to me this morning.

My friend is saying Friday, screenshot saying Wednesday.

My friend is definitely inner scrote with these things.

If "Cannot Leave Your Postcode" is one of the rules of Stage 4, I will absolutely spew.

I'm on the border of 2 postcodes and pretty much everything I do (shopping, exercise, etc...) is technically in another postcode that is literally 1-2 minutes WALK away. If I had to stay in my postcode, I'd be travelling & getting out and about much more.

Please do not go back to postcode lottery. It lasted less than 5 days the 1st time, so don't make the same mistake again.

I have the same issue, hopefully they would allow a bit of flexibility with that.

Four Victorian men charged with COVID breaches after allegedly stowing away on freight train to Perth
Dixie Sulda
The Advertiser
Tuesday, 14 July 2020

Four men have been caught allegedly trying to sneak through SA from Victoria to Perth aboard a freight train.
Police were notified that four stowaways had been seen on-board an interstate freight train about 9.30am on Tuesday.
The train had departed Melbourne at 10.30pm on Monday night, heading towards Perth.

It stopped at the Adelaide Freight Terminal at Regency Park on Tuesday morning where they were spotted.
Patrols searched the train yard with police dogs Axe and Zac and quickly located the four men.
The men, aged 22, 26, 29 and 29, all of no fixed addresses but believed to be from Victoria, were arrested and charged with breaching COVID directions.
They have been refused police bail to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
It comes as Victorian COVID cases rise and two people in their 80s died in the state.
SA police have reported other instances of Victorians misbehaving during the COVID-19 pandemic, including a truckie who allegedly assaulted and spat at a police officer in the state’s South East in June.
Police spotted a grain truck travelling west on the Wimmera Highway approaching the Hynam checkpoint at speed about 10am on June 4.
When police approached the driver at the checkpoint, he allegedly became abusive and spat on one of the officers, striking him on the hand and uniform.
The 63-year-old Victorian man was arrested and charged with aggravated assault to police, resisting police and using offensive language. He appeared in the Mount Gambier Magistrates Court on June 15.
Earlier this month, two Victorian men were turned around at Bordertown attempting to slip into SA by evading the border check point.
The two young men were found when their van became bogged in Senior, in the state’s South East. They were given on-the-spot fines of more than $1000 each for breaching border restrictions.

Four Victorian men charged with COVID breaches after allegedly stowing away on freight train to Perth
Dixie Sulda
The Advertiser
Tuesday, 14 July 2020

Four men have been caught allegedly trying to sneak through SA from Victoria to Perth aboard a freight train.
Police were notified that four stowaways had been seen on-board an interstate freight train about 9.30am on Tuesday.
The train had departed Melbourne at 10.30pm on Monday night, heading towards Perth.

It stopped at the Adelaide Freight Terminal at Regency Park on Tuesday morning where they were spotted.
Patrols searched the train yard with police dogs Axe and Zac and quickly located the four men.
The men, aged 22, 26, 29 and 29, all of no fixed addresses but believed to be from Victoria, were arrested and charged with breaching COVID directions.
They have been refused police bail to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on Wednesday.
It comes as Victorian COVID cases rise and two people in their 80s died in the state.
SA police have reported other instances of Victorians misbehaving during the COVID-19 pandemic, including a truckie who allegedly assaulted and spat at a police officer in the state’s South East in June.
Police spotted a grain truck travelling west on the Wimmera Highway approaching the Hynam checkpoint at speed about 10am on June 4.
When police approached the driver at the checkpoint, he allegedly became abusive and spat on one of the officers, striking him on the hand and uniform.
The 63-year-old Victorian man was arrested and charged with aggravated assault to police, resisting police and using offensive language. He appeared in the Mount Gambier Magistrates Court on June 15.
Earlier this month, two Victorian men were turned around at Bordertown attempting to slip into SA by evading the border check point.
The two young men were found when their van became bogged in Senior, in the state’s South East. They were given on-the-spot fines of more than $1000 each for breaching border restrictions.
The more I read things like this, the more absurd Dan Andrews saying this is a "cunning, clever enemy" becomes. It's a virus, it's neither cunning nor clever. People are just f***ing dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I read things like this, the more absurd Dan Andrews saying this is a "cunning, clever enemy" becomes. It's a virus, it's neither cunning nor clever. People are just f***ing dumb.

One factor you can never allow enough for is people’s stupidity

Yes I do. Doesn't mean I think he's perfect or thar it makes me a LeFtY.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
no no, you see, when there's massive amounts of people responsible at different levels for statewide response to something that has never occurred in anyones lifetime, it absolutely should only be one person that we blame. Because it's just too darn hard to work through the furstration and difficulty that comes with this, without having someone to throw tomatoes at.

That's the only logical way to look at this.

Can l answer once every state premier is handling their 2nd wave ?

Yeh, there have been utensil-up's. No getting around it. That will obviously be dealt with like the Ruby Princess. Once we get through this will be the time to throw stones.

What's happened with your chinese business concerns N.K.
Hey Hoj!
In my industry, we have seen a significant downturn in commercial and utility scale investment around the country. Many small installers and large scale reatailers and gentailers have defaulted and are out of business. It’s actually very sad tbh. Many good people losing their livelihoods. Many friends. :(

I’ve seen a significant backlash towards Chinese made product as a result of this. Totally understandable. Many consumers that are still buying solar (mainly residential consumers) are opting for non Chinese made product as direct result of anti Chinese sentiment.

A similar story is being played out in Europe and the US with many orders cancelled prior to shipment and also cancelled upon arrival.

Though you may not read about it as truthful media from China is non existent the Chinese are feeling it economically.

The group I worked for - I accepted a redundancy happily 2 weeks ago - have let go of 60% of its 80,000 Chinese employees across all its sectors in the last 4 weeks, mostly factory workers. it’s a very diversified company so it gives good insight to what’s happening to global demand for Chinese made products. I’m expecting further job losses within the group.

I was fortunate to get offered a payout and I’m hoping that will be enough to weather the storm, though I feel for those that weren’t so fortunate. Many good working class Chinese people are going to be doing it tough as a direct result of the Chinese politburo.

Hopefully Australians aren’t dumb enough to turn the pandemic into a left/right thing like America.
I’m not left nor right. I think both the major parties are unaccountable fools.

I’m just flabbergasted at the bureaucratic mistakes both sides of politics are making in Australia! We had a chance to eradicate and we eased the pedal off the gas. Now this 2nd wave is going to hurt us economically more than the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back