Mega Thread Coronavirus & the AFL - season postponed. (Thread part 1 - cont in part 2, link in thread)

Has the coronavirus outbreak made you reconsider attending the footy

• Yes

Votes: 285 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 350 55.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got no reason to back either one of you in this little spat you're having but it shows a lot of your character when you're perceived to be happy about being right that WA has a lot more cases today than it did yesterday.

I'm not happy. It is disaster.

This very morning he was all "Oh, WA has one case today oooh, I'm scared, only idiots take this seriously".

It is folks like him who are going to make this worse, who will by extension kill people, people we know, by not taking it seriously.

would seem odd that VFL is suspended but AFL goes ahead
This sounding a bit like the Grand Prix heads telling us on Friday morning the event would happen while Sebastian Vettel and Kimmi Raikonen were boarding a plane to leave Australia

Bats are eaten as food in some parts of China, look it up. This came from a bat eaten for food. This is entirely different to poaching animals for 'medicine'. Don't let your bigotry get in the way of some basic compassion and understanding.
Wtf is this post? People are criticising China for their lack of hygiene and inhumane practices, which have eventually lead to where we are now. I don't give a * if people eat bats, but when you boil them alive and sell them in places that lack basic sanitation, then we have a problem. That's not being a bigot or racist.

AFL often self congratulates on leading the community on important issues such as equality across ethnicity, gender, identification. This is a grand and unmissable opportunity for them to lead the way in social distancing and sacrifice, and suspend footy for the immediate future and reassess later.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is another scenario that I considered.

UK are now , I thought I heard on a news report, advising self isolation for those over 70.

Australia could do that to minimise deaths, AFL suspends for two weeks than RFC plays CFC at the G in front of 90K or whatever and fatality risk is minimised by older people self isolating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In 8 minutes, it's all over.
No you know what it felt like for Geelong during WW2 when it was forced to pull out of the competition....

Seriously, I'm not expecting Gillon to say anything new, not yet at least.

I think he'll most likely postpone the season. Outside chance he announces that they'll cram in more, shorter games from thursday

Can't people just have a shower and apply some soap to affected area after they take a dump, and leave the baby wipes for parents that actually need the baby wipes.
Dan Carlin in his Depression era pod cast talked abt folk using corn husks to clean one's bottom after defacating. There are many options to toilet paper. Necessity the mother.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back