Mega Thread COVID-19 Carlton & the AFL - NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION/NO CONSPIRACIES ETC

Remove this Banner Ad

A little surprised booster uptake still so low, though a large portion of people will be coming eligible end of Jan. Still lower than I would have expected given our current situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he does end up playing it will be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets from the crowd.

Depends .. most of the anti vaxxed will be free to view the tennis as they have no jobs ... the rest of the vaxxed have jobs and will be at work.

Is there more to this ?
He knew he was in close contact to confirmed case and was awaiting the results of a PCR test, but just continued on his merry way.
I know people have busy lives and previous commitments, but at some point you have to take responsibility and just be a little bit cautious about the whole thing.
The sum of parts coming from this story seems to indicate that Novak is an anti-vaxxer who likes to push the boundaries and flaunt local laws. Also willing to 'bend the truth' to get wherever he needs to go and then blame it on others.
I never had a problem with him previously and can recognise his greatness on the court, but quickly becoming a critic of him as a person.

A little surprised booster uptake still so low, though a large portion of people will be coming eligible end of Jan. Still lower than I would have expected given our current situation.
I think part of the problem is that people are paying less attention to the daily media and the constantly changing goal posts. A lot of people probably aren't aware of the reduced timeframe for getting the booster. I only just worked out today that after getting my second dose mid Sept that I'm eligible for my booster now. Problem is, I'm going away Monday and the booster knocked my wife on her arse for a week when she got hers, so I'm not getting it until we get back, despite wanting to get it now.
Couple that with a lot of people being off work and going away and you quickly get your answer why uptake has been so low this time of year.

He knew he was in close contact to confirmed case and was awaiting the results of a PCR test, but just continued on his merry way.
I know people have busy lives and previous commitments, but at some point you have to take responsibility and just be a little bit cautious about the whole thing.
The sum of parts coming from this story seems to indicate that Novak is an anti-vaxxer who likes to push the boundaries and flaunt local laws. Also willing to 'bend the truth' to get wherever he needs to go and then blame it on others.
I never had a problem with him previously and can recognise his greatness on the court, but quickly becoming a critic of him as a person.

Interesting point if someone deliberately infects someone, and causes death, showing nil care ... wonder where this goes ...

He will appeal, start the tournament, will take at least 2 weeks and could still win the title before he departs
Interesting theory. I could see it playing out that way. What are the actual rules though when appealing? Surely you can't just wander free with a visa issue unresolved? I imagine most 'normal' people would be in detention during this process?

If he does end up playing it will be interesting to see what sort of reception he gets from the crowd.
Tough one. From what I've garnered around the social media traps, the reaction is VERY much negative, but it's hard to gauge if that's reversed in the tennis going community where he might have more support/sympathy.

Interesting theory. I could see it playing out that way. What are the actual rules though when appealing? Surely you can't just wander free with a visa issue unresolved? I imagine most 'normal' people would be in detention during this process?

Not sure whether he will be detained in the quarantine hotel again, but I suspect he will be allowed to still start the tournament if there is an appeal pending

Not sure whether he will be detained in the quarantine hotel again, but I suspect he will be allowed to still start the tournament if there is an appeal pending
I feel it makes a bit of a mockery of the situation if he's allowed to play then gets his visa cancelled, but I suppose the reverse could be said if he's put into detention and then cleared.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I love a got sporting story where those at the top of their game break records, but I can't help but feel a straight sets exit (however unlikely) would be karma if he does play.

I feel it makes a bit of a mockery of the situation if he's allowed to play then gets his visa cancelled, but I suppose the reverse could be said if he's put into detention and then cleared.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
I love a got sporting story where those at the top of their game break records, but I can't help but feel a straight sets exit (however unlikely) would be karma if he does play.
To play he would need to be granted a bridging Visa and i imagine any appeal could drag on through the courts for a while. All he needs to do is hope the legal process takes a couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back