Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Create a Real Life Guernsey Competition *POLL*

Good decision.

Should I log in under my alt and agree further? :rolleyes:
for doing nothing illegal?

seriously kerrbs and you are the only two people who have wanted me disqualified

every regular thinks i should have won outright or been in the repoll

Good decision.

Should I log in under my alt and agree further? :rolleyes:
for doing nothing illegal?

seriously kerrbs and you are the only two people who have wanted me disqualified

every regular thinks i should have won outright or been in the repoll

I frequent the boards often enough, onyacoxy.

I don't post because my designing ability is negligible... but I do have a vested interest in that one of the posters here regularly enough designs guernseys for me.

The thing I don't appreciate; and I'm sure Kerrby mirrors this sentiment, is that this competition has gone from designing to a simple instance of you whoring yourself with your continued whining about not owning an ochre jumper. Here's an idea... save some money, and buy one!

As far as I'm concerned, a re-poll is still compromising the spirit of the contest, which is to determine the 'best' real life guernsey design, as no doubt most people voting for you are doing so in the hope that you STFU about not having an ochre jumper and persistent whining. Thus, not motivated by the design itself.

It's a crude measure, but on a talent standpoint alone, there is no way that an ochre gradient outclasses some of the very clever designs created.

FWIW, as I've stated before, I voted for the design I thought was best, which was GANTY's. Had I not voted for GANTY's, I would've voted for Willo because his is very clever. Neither is the poster that I'm frequently in contact with regarding jumper creation - hence, no bias.

A public poll should suffice in the re-poll to prove this point if you don;t believe me. I don't think a true competition that was innocently created should be wrecked by such biases.

The thing I don't appreciate; and I'm sure Kerrby mirrors this sentiment, is that this competition has gone from designing to a simple instance of you whoring yourself with your continued whining about not owning an ochre jumper. Here's an idea... save some money, and buy one!
1. I'm in Year 12 and have no money
2. Ochre jumpers are hard to find

I intend on buying one when I finish school and get the money

whining about not owning an ochre? really?
as no doubt most people voting for you are doing so in the hope that you STFU about not having an ochre jumper and persistent whining. Thus, not motivated by the design itself.
haha good one :p:thumbsu:
It's a crude measure, but on a talent standpoint alone, there is no way that an ochre gradient outclasses some of the very clever designs created.

You could vote for whatever reason you wanted, you voted for 'talent', some pople voted because they wanted to see a certain person get a certian jumper

A public poll should suffice in the re-poll to prove this point if you don;t believe me. I don't think a true competition that was innocently created should be wrecked by such biases.

i was winning before i posted on the eagles board, so...

1. I'm in Year 12 and have no money
2. Ochre jumpers are hard to find

I intend on buying one when I finish school and get the money

whining about not owning an ochre? really?

haha good one :p:thumbsu:

You could vote for whatever reason you wanted, you voted for 'talent', some pople voted because they wanted to see a certain person get a certian jumper

i was winning before i posted on the eagles board, so...

I'm first year uni. I still managed to find the money for the appropriate jumper that I was after (RRP $110), while paying my HECS fees upfront. If you want something badly enough, you make it work. No support from mummy or daddy, all my own elbow grease.

Fair call on how abundant, or in this case, otherwise, the jumper is. That'd be frustrating to say the least.

As for your last point, if you were winning, why risk your credentials if you won by unduly influencing the result?

I just don't agree with the spirit this contest is being conducted in. No vendetta against you, I hope you land your jumper - just not at the expense of someone else that earns it.

In hindsight, a re-poll probably is fairer, but disqualification if you direct anyone to the thread.

I'm first year uni. I still managed to find the money for the appropriate jumper that I was after (RRP $110), while paying my HECS fees upfront. If you want something badly enough, you make it work. No support from mummy or daddy, all my own elbow grease.

an ochre will be more than 110

I'm not saying i dont plan on getting one, i just have a lot more important things atm which have pushed the ochre back

As for your last point, if you were winning, why risk your credentials if you won by unduly influencing the result?.

why did i do it?

i really wanted to win and thought i could rely on a couple of ochre lovers in there for votes

thats the truth

Back