Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone had to make way for Steve Smith and Starc was pretty fired up against Derby. Usman isn't in the best form but who bats at no 3 is the question? Smith was red hot at no 4 and moving him up to no3 is not with out risk.

With Labuschagne in the side to bowl a few overs Australia may decide to go with Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc. If Archer is going to present the Australians with problems then I think Cummins, Hazlewood and Starc will be a handful for the Poms.

Geoff Boycott thinks Starc makes Lyon a better bowler because he roughs up the patch outside off stump to right handers.

If Warner doesn't make a decent score in the second innings, I think it's time to try somebody else - Broad is all over him!!!

Yes Warner cannot buy a run atm. I am not sure that Cameron Bancroft is the answer so maybe Usman comes in if Warner fails in the second dig?

3/170 is a reasonable position but we need to push it to 400.

Last edited:
Umpires have copped a bagging this series but this was a very good decision. Watching in real time, I thought this hit Head on the full and was plumb, but the umpire correctly picked up that it bounced just before the flurry of bat and feet moving and that it pitched just outside leg, so therefore can't be out.

Yet another rain delay, & with tomorrow looking pretty grim weather-wise, I’d say a draw is looking very likely.
Way too early to make predictions like that - if we can get 400-450, all the pressure will be on England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Smith's last 12 innings v the Poms

141*
102*
101* (and counting)
Tells me he struggles in the nervous 140's. If he can't fix that deficiency in his game, his career will never amount to anything :).

Poms 3 down at stumps would be nice. Stokes just left the field after 5 balls in his over.
The thing is, there's so many overs left tonight - about 50. There's no need to play any silly shots: just grind them into the dust for another 35 overs, and then give them a nasty little session to negotiate at the end of the day when they're tired and mentally shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back