Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

It’s a shame that the state sides are ditching the nicknames (only Queensland and Tasmania still officially using theirs), but if they’re gonna do it they’d better get it right.
Safe to say, I think Freight Train knocked it out of the park here, that’s a ripper. Going back to the traditional state colours has come out brilliantly, the monogram is elite (no idea if that’s an old one used by the SACA or a completely new design, but either way it’s still fire), and the font for the text isn’t one I would’ve thought to use but it pairs really nicely with the monogram. Can’t wait to see what the Redbacks South Australia’s 50 over uniforms look like in this colour scheme.

Elite monogram work, just gorgeous. Getting 4 overlaid letters so readable and balanced, while capturing the essence of the historical logo so well. Masterpiece.
It just goes to show things most would consider 'old' or 'out of style' like monograms cant still work in this day and age and if anything can work better with the design capabilities we have now. It's just a magnificent piece of work from the CargoLocomotive

SA Cricket Launch SOCIAL PROFILE.jpeg

So anyway, pretty crazy how real this is now, feel like it’s been a big secret for a long while now so glad it’s out in the world.

I think the reception has been fairly positive overall, a lot of work went into this, like it’s not just a logo, it’s an entire overhaul of a brand and everything that goes into that, and just really excited for more and more to come out over the coming months as we head towards the new season.

Monogram is a modernisation of what has been used by SACA in the past, and was brought back to celebrate the 150th anniversary a few years back, and of course now redesigned for this.

77F581A6-F7CC-4A22-AF59-8CC65A89EB74.jpeg

Also Fizzler, I can’t wait for everyone to see the new kits as well, really proud of the design and can’t wait to see it worn by the teams come next summer.

View attachment 1943172

So anyway, pretty crazy how real this is now, feel like it’s been a big secret for a long while now so glad it’s out in the world.

I think the reception has been fairly positive overall, a lot of work went into this, like it’s not just a logo, it’s an entire overhaul of a brand and everything that goes into that, and just really excited for more and more to come out over the coming months as we head towards the new season.

Monogram is a modernisation of what has been used by SACA in the past, and was brought back to celebrate the 150th anniversary a few years back, and of course now redesigned for this.

View attachment 1943185

Also Fizzler, I can’t wait for everyone to see the new kits as well, really proud of the design and can’t wait to see it worn by the teams come next summer.
This is awesome! Comparing yours to the 150 year logo, you did an especially great job at not making it look cluttered while also not making the thickness of each letter different across the board. I’m very curious, how long is the process behind something like this? I imagine there’d be a few spots where it has to get ticked off by different parties, and having to make revisions would take time too, but was this something you were able to perfect relatively quickly or did you have to spend a lot of time tinkering with it?

This is awesome! Comparing yours to the 150 year logo, you did an especially great job at not making it look cluttered while also not making the thickness of each letter different across the board. I’m very curious, how long is the process behind something like this? I imagine there’d be a few spots where it has to get ticked off by different parties, and having to make revisions would take time too, but was this something you were able to perfect relatively quickly or did you have to spend a lot of time tinkering with it?

Probably can’t really get too much into the nitty-gritty of it all, but definitely not an overnight process, and has been in the works for quite a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Clarrie Grimmett's SACA cap, first given to him for his debut in 1924. I'm unsure exactly for how long this monogram was used but it's wonderful to see such a classic modern interpretation.

xLqku9w.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back