Opinion Cricket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Have you actually seen much of him, mate? I've seen a lot of people say that he's possibly our biggest talent since the golden generation, and iirc the hype around him has been big since the u19 WC, I think it was, but I've never seen him play, myself.

Like you, haven't seen him play, just followed the Shield scores and news. The hype is huge on him. There has to be doubts on him though due to the head knocks. 3 last year and another 1 this year, but this is the series to blood him against a soft Sri Lankan outfit.

Spoke to a mate who is camping with his family and he told me of his first world camping problem:

“Bloody kangaroo knocked over my satellite dish and now Foxtel is out”.

I said that wasn’t he meant to be camping but he said that didn’t mean he had to miss any cricket 😂

Jeez that goes beyond glamming! Satellite Dish?

They keep getting this side wrong... I mean, it's not that hard:

M. Harris
N. Maddinson
W. Pucovski
C. White
G. Maxwell
A. Finch
P. Handscomb
J. Pattinson
P. Siddle
C. Tremain
J. Holland

12th - 14th men: T. Dean, S. Boland & S. Gotch

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sri Lanka wont offer much on the bowling side of things
We scored runs for fun against them

They have a couple of pretty talented batsmen though

Good time for Aussie to blood some youth

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Spoke to a mate who is camping with his family and he told me of his first world camping problem:

“Bloody kangaroo knocked over my satellite dish and now Foxtel is out”.

I said that wasn’t he meant to be camping but he said that didn’t mean he had to miss any cricket 😂

I wouldn't camp in Aussie full stop !..Too many deadly things that can bite or sting you
and Kangaroos taking out the telly.. well that just confirms it for me !

I wouldn't camp in Aussie full stop !..Too many deadly things that can bite or sting you
and Kangaroos taking out the telly.. well that just confirms it for me !

Lol. I really like that Billy Connolly line about Australian nasties. “I saw a sign that said “beware stingers”. I very much wanted to beware,trouble is I didn’t know if they were coming by land,sea or taxi”.

Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alex Carey is pretty much the only current player in the Aussie team that gets me excited to watch.

Really hope he can cement his spot in the team for all forms of the game.

Edit: And he gets out one minute after posting this ffs.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Indians getting absolutely stomped in the first 5 overs.

3 for 4 after 3.5

I remember the days in the early 80’s when they’d cross back at 7pm after the current affairs show and you’d miss the first 6 overs.

Australia would generally be about 3/10 if playing the Windies. Darling, Wood and Laird back in the pavilion.

I remember the days in the early 80’s when they’d cross back at 7pm after the current affairs show and you’d miss the first 6 overs.

Australia would generally be about 3/10 if playing the Windies. Darling, Wood and Laird back in the pavilion.
In Adelaide it kept going because of the half our time difference. We would either miss out on Gilli and Hado going nuts or Lee steaming in bowing 160km/h. JUST SO WE COULD WATCH ACA!! I’d call up C9 every time and have a whinge every time. No sympathy for free to air now it’s on fox. FiretrUCK em.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
In Adelaide it kept going because of the half our time difference. We would either miss out on Gilli and Hado going nuts or Lee steaming in bowing 160km/h. JUST SO WE COULD WATCH ACA!! I’d call up C9 every time and have a whinge every time. No sympathy for free to air now it’s on fox. FiretrUCK em.
Never forget Perth had the ODIs on three hour delay for a while there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back