Crikey dares Murdoch to sue them for defamation.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm fairly confident that Dominion will settle out of court with Murdoch for $15B.
I don't think they will, Dominion want Fox to be shown to be liars. A court will provide that opportunity to defend and cleanse their brand, a settlement won't.

They want endless footage of the Murdochs and their cronies being forced to admit they had no evidence beyond being told to say the election was stolen by Russia/Trump.

They want that footage run on every media channel across the US, and the non-Fox channels will gladly loop the best of them stumbling and bumbling and looking devastated when they are bankrupted.

And when they win their payouts they will force Fox to run on-air retractions.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Yep, billions. Fox and friends cannot produce any evidence of voter machine fraud to substantiate their on air claims of a stolen election.

This is Dominion's bread and butter and due to these on air claims a percentage of incredibly gullible US citizens are convinced their product is corrupted and no amount of denial will change that fact.

Billions.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Its not as if billions are in short supply in the Murdoch family.

You seem to know a lot about them. Is Murdoch your favorite billionaire?

I'm interested in the business world. It comes from the role of WA Newspapers* in society from my teens to the modern day.
Media in Australia has seen the age of the Fairfax, Syme & Packer empires abandon their influence.
That Murdoch from the same era went international & continues is a stand out, even if only for Ruperts time in the sun.

*The West Australian - Wikipedia

I've not put any thought to favourite billionaire & its of no interest to me. You?

Last edited:
Its not as if billions are in short supply in the Murdoch family.

At least you've recognised that defending the indefensible isn't going to cut it, this time.
But it's still a shittake when you're saying nothing more than 'they've got lots of money".

The sad thing is that is probably what the Murdoch's think.
If only the US justice system used this opportunity to show Murdoch that even his money won't save him this time.

You seem to know a lot about them. Is Murdoch your favorite billionaire?
kwalo worships at the grubs alter.

this case is one of the most significant regarding press freedom. the grub risks enormous unwanted exposure. and he has journos like blot who will have 2 do a complete u turn on freedom of speech. and i feel there will b enormous support 4 the ‘david’ in this mismatch. go crikey!

At least you've recognised that defending the indefensible isn't going to cut it, this time.
But it's still a shittake when you're saying nothing more than 'they've got lots of money".

The sad thing is that is probably what the Murdoch's think.
If only the US justice system used this opportunity to show Murdoch that even his money won't save him this time.

Or maybe there is nothing to argue with as yet.

IF you claim to think anyone would P!55 a $bil down the drain, you are as silly as you often appear.

Not that what is happening under US law has any influence on the Australian law that will decide the Crikey case, much to the chagrin of those calling out 'guilty'.

Media operators & defamation go hand in hand. For example:https://www.anao.gov.au/work/request/abc-defamation-case-payment

kwalo worships at the grubs alter.

this case is one of the most significant regarding press freedom. the grub risks enormous unwanted exposure. and he has journos like blot who will have 2 do a complete u turn on freedom of speech. and i feel there will b enormous support 4 the ‘david’ in this mismatch. go crikey!

Not behind the paywall.

Or maybe there is nothing to argue with as yet.

IF you claim to think anyone would P!55 a $bil down the drain, you are as silly as you often appear.

Not that what is happening under US law has any influence on the Australian law that will decide the Crikey case, much to the chagrin of those calling out 'guilty'.

Media operators & defamation go hand in hand. For example:https://www.anao.gov.au/work/request/abc-defamation-case-payment

The discussion was about the Dominion case.
You know that....
but APU....
You will skip over the shitty stuff Murdoch gets embroiled in and instead focus on some other tangential strawmen you have dreamt up where Murdoch's crew is supposedly getting a rough time.

Murdoch is getting sued in the US for spreading lies.
If you think that has no relevance to Murdoch suing someone for defamation you are an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it simply a coincidence that Rupert's wife is divorcing him, his son James has abandoned him, he is being sued for supporting Donald Trump and his son Lachlan is drawing unwelcome media attention for suing a tiny Australian media site?
I think not.
Like the Packers, they'll never be short of money for ever, but their influence is on the wane.

Is it simply a coincidence that Rupert's wife is divorcing him, his son James has abandoned him, he is being sued for supporting Donald Trump and his son Lachlan is drawing unwelcome media attention for suing a tiny Australian media site?
I think not.
Like the Packers, they'll never be short of money for ever, but their influence is on the wane.
i wish i could b so sure the grub fests influence was on the wane. think their profits r up. so many useful idiots 2 pander 2. grrr!

i wish i could b so sure the grub fests influence was on the wane. think their profits r up. so many useful idiots 2 pander 2. grrr!
Being the PR arm of the Tea Party movement has certainly been profitable. Nothing lasts forever though and with the imminent demise of Trump Fox News will eventually go the way of Murdoch’s Newspapers

Being the PR arm of the Tea Party movement has certainly been profitable. Nothing lasts forever though and with the imminent demise of Trump Fox News will eventually go the way of Murdoch’s Newspapers
the concern is that newscorpse made a significant profit last fin year and rotten rupe has shown he's prepared 2 continue with agenda driven outfits that aren't profitable.

Nothing to do with Crikey/Murdoch.
appears this (and related foxnews coverage of the 2020 US election - and its aftermath) may be relevant after all .... [edit] of note in todays ruling:

Wigney added that an argument the paragraphs should be struck out on the basis they would cause “delay because the court may need to view many hours of Fox News programs” should not be accepted. The mere fact that time will be taken at trial ... does not provide a basis for striking out the pleading of that fact,” Wigney said.

care to rethink your objection?

Last edited:
appears this (and related foxnews coverage of the 2020 US election - and its aftermath) may be relevant after all .... [edit] of note in todays ruling:

Wigney added that an argument the paragraphs should be struck out on the basis they would cause “delay because the court may need to view many hours of Fox News programs” should not be accepted. The mere fact that time will be taken at trial ... does not provide a basis for striking out the pleading of that fact,” Wigney said.

My objection:
im sure this is being keenly watched

FYI:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back