Gym & Misc CrossFit

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Two day competition on the weekend. Same sex pairs. 8 workouts over the 2 days. It’s a beachside event so lots of running and swimming. Also a kayak workout which I’ve never done in my life so should be interesting.

So, as well as having to deal with kayaking for the first time a colleague told me yesterday that there have been crocodile sightings in that area. FMD. I may just forfeit that workout.

Good weekend. The kayak was fun and not particularly strenuous. We had to do a 2km beach run which wasn't fun. I also got a new thruster rm (85kg).

Today's workout
Screenshot_20210825-185104_SugarWOD.jpg

34:34 was my time. Tough workout. I died on the floor for about 5 minutes after.

20210818_184017.jpg

That photo does make me look a bit fat but I think it's just the way I'm arching my back or something. I've actually got visible abs.

Is that cardio programming designed to hit different aspects of cardio

1. Something relatively steady state (run)
2. Something short sharp intense (Echo)
3. Then something more medium intensity/duration (rower)

This is from the workout description.

20210826_121431.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The air bike is the worst thing ever invented. Whoever invented that should be jailed for life.

Screenshot_20211007-194159_SugarWOD.jpg

Did this workout today. Was insane. After 5 minutes I was wanting it finished.

2 competitions coming up over the next two weekends. The Elite Fitness League in Rockhampton next weekend and The CQ Classic in Gladstone the weekend after . The Elite Fitness League is a same-sex pairs comp. The CQ Classic a mixed-pairs comp.

Last edited:
3rd out of 8 teams in the Masters division after day 1. 3 workouts today. The third workout was absolutely brutal. 3 rounds. One minute rest between rounds.

1st rd: 5 minutes - 18 power snatches @ 60 kg between us, 18 pull ups between us, and in the remaining time max synchro burpees over the bar.
2nd rd: 4 minutes - 14 power snatches @ 60 kg between us, 14 pull ups between us, and in the remaining time max synchro burpees over the bar.
3rd rd: 10 power snatches @ 60 kg between us, 10 pull ups between us, and in the remaining time max synchro burpees over the bar.

It's seriously s**t doing a minute of burpees, looking up at the clock and seeing that you still have 2 minutes of burpees left.

Did this today.

Screenshot_20211130-191211_SugarWOD.jpg

I did it in 6:09. I did 100 regular Double Unders.

raskolnikov sorry if I have asked this before but my shoes are on the way out - what crossfit shoes do you recommend? I do crossfit 3 or 4 times a week and run between 5 and 10 km most off days as well - prefer just the one set

I'm wearing Reebok Nanos at the moment. I'm finding them great. Very comfortable. This site is the p place to go for all your CrossFit gear.

I'm wearing Reebok Nanos at the moment. I'm finding them great. Very comfortable. This site is the p place to go for all your CrossFit gear.

Legend, thank you

revival_mode

That website above is having a 12 Days of Christmas sale. Different bargains every day leading up to Christmas . You might get a good deal with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back