Competitions Crowholder's Lock of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but if you back in Port Pittspuke you automatically should be eliminated.

:)
Lets not insult Pittsburgh like that.

That can be reserved for teams like the Ravens, Colts, Rams etc. As teams that betray a city for bs reasons.

GAME 2 ROUND 11

RESULTS:

arrowman - Brisbane (Essendon, Collingwood, St Kilda)

Danger Zone - Adelaide (Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)
Crowholder - Adelaide (Essendon, Suns, St Kilda)
skam85 - Adelaide (Port, Collingwood, St Kilda)
Eddie Murphy - Adelaide (Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

SugarShane - Essendon (Port, Bulldogs, St Kilda)
OldCrowBloke - Essendon (Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

Scorpus - Port Adelaide (Essendon, Gold Coast, St Kilda)
Hinkstuff - Port Adelaide (Essendon, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

Unfortunately we will lose arrowman leaving eight players to fight for that golden lock. Remember there are only 7 games being played in Round 12. The Lions, Kangaroo's, Swans and the Giants will have a bye so think about your selections given the byes in Rounds 12.13 and 14. Best of luck

BrissyCrow - Rule proposal (Too late for this competition, but what about going forward?)

I propose that we introduce a rule which rules out selecting against a team under a % threshold.

I'm thinking 70%.

So with this proposal. You couldn't tip against these teams in these rounds

Opening Round -
Rd 1 - Richmond
Rd 2 - Collingwood, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, West Coast
Rd 3 - Hawthorn, West Coast
Rd 4 - North Melbourne, Hawthorn, West Coast
Rd 5 - North Melbourne, Hawthorn, West Coast
Rd 6 - North Melbourne, Hawthorn, West Coast
Rd 7 - North Melbourne
Rd 8 - North Melbourne, Hawthorn
Rd 9 - North Melbourne
Rd 10 - North Melbourne, Richmond
Rd 11 - North Melbourne, Richmond

I'm not too fond of the idea of basically deciding in a new game 'no tipping against x' as that team could be bad now, but hit form soon and by the time the game ends, there's a worse team that people can tip against.

But by setting a percentage like above. It changes every week. Sure, it's harder to plan as it's a moving and changing battlefield. But I think it'd be funner than oh. Who does North Melbourne play this week.

Yeah let's make something that works just fine really complicated and turn people off from playing

Oh no, North have a bye. My strategy is in shambles
So lets take the pisser out of the manager. Just fine and dandy.

OH by the way its not just the week when north have a bye there are 2 other weeks to consider as well.

Yeah let's make something that works just fine really complicated and turn people off from playing
Look the rules are fine however when you get a situation like last year when the Eagles were terrible I made a change that wasnt really difficult for me to manage nor was it difficult for all the players. The issue is if everyone simply selects against North every game then that would be a waste. Sometimes you need a balance.

I do have an issue with Dirty Bird's suggestion because it would result with changing technical rules every week. Rest assured I dont want to make the process a negative exercise which would see some players not bother. Hell I think that I go over and above to keep players playing the game. I am sure that my "reminders" are annoying to some people but it's also appreciated by others. I do that because I want people to participate. I dont want to turn players off. Any changes that I make will not be difficult for our players to understand.

GAME 2 ROUND 12

Danger Zone - Geelong (Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)
Crowholder - Geelong (Adelaide, Essendon, Suns, St Kilda)
Eddie Murphy - Geelong (Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GAME 2 ROUND 12

Scorpus - Geelong (Port Adelaide, Essendon, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

skam85 - Melbourne (Adelaide, Port, Collingwood, St Kilda)

GAME 2 ROUND 12

OldCrowBloke - Melbourne (Essendon, Brisbane, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

GAME 2 ROUND 12

SugarShane - Geelong (Essendon, Port, Bulldogs, St Kilda)

GAME 2 ROUND 12

Hinkstuff - Adelaide (Port Adelaide, Essendon, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

GAME 2 ROUND 12

RESULTS:

Hinkstuff - Adelaide (Port Adelaide, Essendon, Gold Coast, St Kilda)

Well we lose skam85 OldCrowBloke and Hinkstuff which means we are down to 5 players who are still in the game. Remember guys the winner receives the Golden Lock badge and it looks like everyone is trying to receive a badge of some sort.

Remember, this week coming that Port Adelaide and Fremantle will have a bye.

I agree that simply selecting against North each week isnt what we like to see, Last year I did put in a place a restriction that allowed players to select a team playing against West Coast only once. That restriction was put into place for say GAME 1 but it could have been removed for GAME 2. So every knew that rule would stay in place for the duration of a GAME. Giving players the ability to have only one opportunity against those week teams and is easier for everyone to plan their game strategy. If we put in place a process of changing restrictions every week players may find it difficult to plan their selection options.

Happy to consider other ideas as well but I would prefer to still have a situation where players can manage their strategy. At this stage I would be happy to restrict players to only allow them to tip a team playing against North once or not allow any tipping against North. But as for restricting against the Eagles, Tigers and Hawks I wouldn't act on those given their current ability to cause upsets.

If anyone else has any suggestions for rule changes I am more than happy consider and new ideas or changes to the current rules. Changes will only be put in place when a new GAME commences.
In general most people seem to play with the right spirit (I say as I select the team playing against NM this week).

I know we're reluctant to mess with it too much, but I wonder how much the game would change if the "Lock" you selected was the losing team? I guess in theory it probably just reverses the game so everyone picks NM and Rich first then selects whoever Sydney is playing.

In general most people seem to play with the right spirit (I say as I select the team playing against NM this week).

I know we're reluctant to mess with it too much, but I wonder how much the game would change if the "Lock" you selected was the losing team? I guess in theory it probably just reverses the game so everyone picks NM and Rich first then selects whoever Sydney is playing.
You wont win either way.

I don't really want to play around with the rules but if I do make a change everyone will know how it works. Right now selecting the team that plays North Melb every week is allowed but not in the spirit of the game.

I wont ban players from picking a team that is up against North but I am considering only allowing people to have one selection against North. This way players can still implement whatever their strategy is. The issue for me is having a full proof way to quickly identify players that have used that one pick. I wanted to Bold the players name to show they have already picked against North but sometimes that Bold print gets removed depending on what device people are using.

I don't think I would be spoiling the game by limiting the number of selections that players can use against North. Last year no one seemed concern and your point about people playing the game in the right spirit is correct as many last year elected not to even make one selection against West Coast. If North can show us a win or two before our current game is finalised then there may not be a need to introduce any change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back