Game Day Crows v GWS, "And the winner is... who knows Tex is out"

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got back from the game. We killed them at the back and killed them on the spread. If not for some poor set shots at goal we should have won by 80 or more. Rory Gnomeo Laird smashed them, Rory Batman Sloane was his desperate gut running best and Rory Rat Atkins was cool and dominant.
I wonder if Rory Lobb feels he's missed out on something special...

Just got back from the game. We killed them at the back and killed them on the spread. If not for some poor set shots at goal we should have won by 80 or more. Rory Gnomeo Laird smashed them, Rory Batman Sloane was his desperate gut running best and Rory Rat Atkins was cool and dominant.
How easy it is for our recruiters....Just go with the Rory's:)

Sauce 28 hitouts v Mumford 41
I thought Sauce just got pushed out the contest for most of the day
I thought he was better around the ground today than most of last year.

Sauce 28 hitouts v Mumford 41
I thought Sauce just got pushed out the contest for most of the day
I was yelling at him through the tv the entire first quarter. Sauce got monstered early, but turned it around for the second half of the game. He changed his style at the centre bounces and went body first, then ball. Completely changed the complexion of the game. Didn't win every tap, but influenced them. He needed to do something and he did.

Probably won't get the recognition, but he deserves it. Great game.

Can someone please explain the new rule relating to the free kick against Talia that resulted in the goal? And also, why did the game continue when McGovern was out to it? The ankle reported as the injury for McGovern was in the 3rd quarter. He was tested by the doctor and physio before returning to the ground. A stack of ice was taken down the race when we went off in the last quarter - so likely two injuries to McGovern.

Just back from the game. What a buzz. Massive win against the wondrous, mighty, machine-like, stupendous, unbeatable, jet-propelled, super-slick, top-10 loaded, amazing GWS midfield. Believe the media hype from the so-called experts or watch with your eyes. Our mids go okay.
I wanted three things to go well this weekend:
Run well in the street mile at the SA Masters Games on Friday evening--Tick. (Won gold in the 70-74 YO category at 8 mins 32.)
Watch our wonderful women win the premiership--Big tick.
Watch our blokes cream GWS--Huge tick
GREAT WEEKEND.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please explain the new rule relating to the free kick against Talia that resulted in the goal? And also, why did the game continue when McGovern was out to it? The ankle reported as the injury for McGovern was in the 3rd quarter. He was tested by the doctor and physio before returning to the ground. A stack of ice was taken down the race when we went off in the last quarter - so likely two injuries to McGovern.

I can only answer the Talia question--I believe it was a correct decision, or to put that a better way, the umpire adjudicated that Talia deliberately hit the ball through the opposition goals and the latest tampering with the rules of the game outlaws this.

That was a champion team beating a team of champions. We worked harder, hunted in packs (negating the loss in clearances), ran in waves, and...

We knew where our teammates were going to be. So many times the quick give or pass on instinct. Comnentators were saying 'quick decision' but it wasn't - it was knowing what you were going to do before you got the ball.

We had system, they didn't. That won the game.

X-factor players made the margin.

Can't just punch the ball over the line from outside 15 metres. If inside 15 metres and under immediate pressure then you can.

I thought he was in the goal square, but was at other end of ground so may be wrong.

Can't recall exactly but that's what AA said. I could be a metre or two off but you get the idea. It's definitely past the goal square that you can't do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back