Team Mgmt. Current Contract Status (AFL & AFLW) - Updated in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

So many players still out of contract and seem to be competing with each other for a spot for next year... O'Brien, Kav, Hams, Browne... we won't be keeping all of them!

I'd say chapman, fletcher, winderlich will retire and then Browne, Dempsey, o'brien, Melksham, kavanagh and pears will all be pretty closely scrutinised with maybe 3 given 1 more year and 3 given the flick?? This of course will depend on if we keep Carlisle and if any of our other players either choose to leave or are offered up for trade, which I can't see happening.

Apparently Caro went off last night saying that we will be losing a couple of extra players. She said

Hird/N.Craig gone
Carlisle - Gone
Two of Coyler, Hooker, Myers & Bellchambers will also be gone.

Does anyone have any information about these four (Coyler, Hooker, Myers & Bellchambers). Why she would be saying that? She is still just crazy right?

Apparently Caro went off last night saying that we will be losing a couple of extra players. She said

Hird/N.Craig gone
Carlisle - Gone

Does anyone have any information about these four (Coyler, Hooker, Myers & Bellchambers). Why she would be saying that? She is still just crazy right?
She's a complete deadshit.

I can't see Colyer, Myers or Hooksy leaving the club over this- they seem to bleed red and black and would be the type of guys who would be passionate about getting the club back to the top.

Hird/N.Craig gone
Carlisle - Gone

needs 2/3 of Hooker, Colyer and Myers now.

i've heard Colyer linked back home to WA and the Dees coming back for Myers again.
Hooker i'd be staggered with. Should be VC behind Jobe next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior list:
link Ambrose, Patrick - 2016
link Ashby, Jason - 2016
link Baguley, Mark - 2017
link Bellchambers, Tom - 2017
link Colyer, Travis - 2017
link Cooney, Adam - 2016
link Daniher, Joe - 2017
link Dempsey, Courtenay - 2016
link Edwards , Shaun - 2016
link Fantasia, Orazio - 2017
link Gleeson, Martin - 2016
link Goddard, Brendon - 2016
link Gwilt, James- 2016
link Heppell, Dyson - 2020
link Hibberd, Michael - 2017
link Hocking, Heath - 2016
link Hooker, Cale - 2016
link Howlett, Ben - 2016
link Hurley, Michael - 2017
link Kommer, Nicholas - 2016
link Langford, Kyle - 2016
link Laverde, Jayden - 2016

link McKernan, Shaun - 2016
link Merrett, Jackson - 2017
link Merrett, Zachary - 2018
link Myers, David - 2016
link Pears, Tayte - 2016
link Stanton, Brent - 2016 vet
link Watson, Jobe - 2016 vet
link Zaharakis, David - 2017

Out
link Browne, Alex
link Carlisle, Jake
link Chapman, Paul (Retired)
link Dalgleish, Lauchlan
link Hams, Will

link Fletcher, Dustin (Retired)
link Giles, Jonathan
link Kavanagh, Elliott
link Melksham, Jake
link O'Brien, Nicholas
link Winderlich, Jason (Retired)

In
link Bird, Craig (2017)?
link Luenberger, Matthew (2018)
Picks: 4, 5, 24, 25, 57, 80, 98, 116 + McKernan

Rookie list
link Long, Jake - 2015
link McKenna, Conor- 2016 (Alt Talent)

Picks: 2 selections + Hams (Steinberg, McKernan and Aylett)

Head Coach
John Worsfold
Other Coaches
Mark Harvey
Matthew Egan
Mark Neeld
Hayden Skipworth

Any info on the values of each contract?

Given that we have to use at least 95% of the salary cap anyway (it's a rule), we could offer Joe Daniher a new loooong term contract that's front-loaded (i.e. he gets lots of the money in 2016 when it doesn't matter, but in years 2017, 2018, etc, he'll get less than he otherwise would have, and take up less of the overall total cap than he otherwise would have).

Given that we have to use at least 95% of the salary cap anyway (it's a rule), we could offer Joe Daniher a new loooong term contract that's front-loaded (i.e. he gets lots of the money in 2016 when it doesn't matter, but in years 2017, 2018, etc, he'll get less than he otherwise would have, and take up less of the overall total cap than he otherwise would have).
Suspended players are still getting paid (top-ups aren't covered by the cap).

It's not directly related to contracts per se, but on the off chance anyone needs a reference point for which of our players are currently under WADA suspension, I've updated the OP.

Hey Doss - Just a thought - next to those 7 players (Pears, Watson, Howlett, Hooker, Myers, Stanton, & Hocking) whose contract ends at the end of 2016, maybe you could say 'suspended 2016 - offered contract to end of 2017'. What do you reckon?

Hey Doss - Just a thought - next to those 7 players (Pears, Watson, Howlett, Hooker, Myers, Stanton, & Hocking) whose contract ends at the end of 2016, maybe you could say 'suspended 2016 - offered contract to end of 2017'. What do you reckon?
I've put a note at the bottom of the OP to somewhat similar effect.

Long way out but;

Ashby (injured, others going past him)
Ambrose (not up to it)
Kommer (not up to it)
Cooley (retired)
Guilt and Dempaey may be in some trouble if list changes are required)
Any of the Essendon12 that walk as well will obviously be included n list changes.

Going to be a very very interesting year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back