• Nomad

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Street kid

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
RDR2 is big and open, I'm guessing there's going to be a lot more going on in Cyberpunk..... more people/traffic, more detail, more light sources, large buildings..... in theory "next-gen" will actually be able to render it properly without noticeably restricting draw distance.

It's big and open areas were full of vegetation and animals, and half the map wasn't even used in the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's big and open areas were full of vegetation and animals, and half the map wasn't even used in the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a big difference between vegetation and animals, and worlds like they'll be trying to create in this with skyscrapers and vehicles, each creating their own light sources, people everywhere, etc.

Map size doesn't mean much, worlds are loaded and rendered as required, so it only really deals with what's in your field of view.

ucoln8kedwfglsrlxvm5.gif

"Next gen" gets a boost here too as they'll most likely be running SSDs instead of mechanical drives.

Map size doesn't mean much, worlds are loaded and rendered as required, so it only really deals with what's in your field of view.
Unless you're Bethesda in which case * performance.

Based on what? Fallout 76?
I could be wrong, but from what I understand they don't utilise that technique to the same degree others do (with only some large objects removed when out of view) and it's part of the reason they've had performance issues long before 76 was a meme.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand they don't utilise that technique to the same degree others do (with only some large objects removed when out of view) and it's part of the reason they've had performance issues long before 76 was a meme.

Entirely possible, there's a bit of an article on it here. Can't say I noticed many issues with Fallout 4.

That dude that yelled "You're breathtaking" at Keanu copping a lot of crap now it seems. :D Apparently been obnoxious the entire event so far, and even though CDPR offered to give him a free Collector's Edition of the game (Worth US$250 or so?), he tried strong-arming them into donating a mobile video game unit for a children's hospital (Worth US$3500).

Why does he think he is entitled to anything?

No idea. I guess it was a PR thing on behalf of CDPR, just thought it was a bit dickish he tried to get them to donate something worth 14x more than what he was offered even though it was for charity.

EDIT: lol. He's going all in beating this one to death.

View attachment 690512

Hopefully the gaming community has at him.

No idea. I guess it was a PR thing on behalf of CDPR, just thought it was a bit dickish he tried to get them to donate something worth 14x more than what he was offered even though it was for charity.

EDIT: lol. He's going all in beating this one to death.

View attachment 690512
Any publicity is good publicity these days, I'm sure he'll land a stack of new followers despite the fact he's most likely a moron.

I have a GTX 970, might be alright to run on medium I think?
GTX 745. my pc and I have had some great times together but it's a few years old now.. my oldest is wanting a gaming pc... so if I get one built for my self she can have mine which runs her type of games fine. (Overwatch ect)

If I had to choose I'd rather have lots of interiors with things going on vs big for the sake of being big with empty areas.

When I first started Ghost Recon Wildlands, I thought "wow impressive", but the actual scope of the game is incredibly small. Same with Watch Dogs 2, which seems alive only from a distance. Would love a small map but one that's actually bustling with activity and unique things to do/see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On IGN's stream after Microsoft they spent about 20 minutes digging in to game footage they had their hands on and some of the scenes looked pretty average in terms of lighting and textures. I'll have to go see if IGN uploaded it to their channel along with the rest of the conferences. No argument here on what platform to play it on. Given CDPR's record of post launch support it's pretty safe to assume that this will also launch next-gen, but whether anyone can last that long is another matter. New consoles will probably launch too late in the year for them to have held the game off any longer.
It's probably very smart doing at this time. If it is GOTY and similar to the Witcher in terms of quality, a lot will buy it again on the next gen consoles for the graphics & loading time boost for a 2nd play through. They will make an extra 10-15% on the whole game.

Googling that the min specs for this are GeForce GTX 1080 Ti?

Is that B.S or should I start saving my pennies so I can future proof myself a for a few more years?

The card they used in the demo at e3 was a 1080ti that will probably be mid range or the recommended spec

It's probably very smart doing at this time. If it is GOTY and similar to the Witcher in terms of quality, a lot will buy it again on the next gen consoles for the graphics & loading time boost for a 2nd play through. They will make an extra 10-15% on the whole game.

They also announced this morning that they are partnering with NVIDIA for ray tracing. Microsoft announced this E3 that Scarlett will have hardware ray tracing support. I imagine the PS5 will be rocking very similar hardware. So much is pointing towards a second release on next gen consoles.

Day one PC for me though. Zero compromises for this game!

They also announced this morning that they are partnering with NVIDIA for ray tracing. Microsoft announced this E3 that Scarlett will have hardware ray tracing support. I imagine the PS5 will be rocking very similar hardware. So much is pointing towards a second release on next gen consoles.

Day one PC for me though. Zero compromises for this game!

Are you saying I should be getting a 2080ti now? :)

Are you saying I should be getting a 2080ti now? :)

Haha! I'm waiting for whatever is after 2080ti, even if it's a refresh. I was hoping it would be before this game but now we know it's April I doubt that will happen now. Looks like I'll be doing the same as console players. First play through on current rig and then on my own 'next gen'. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back