AFLW Daisy Pearce - New AFLW Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to be fun when Ella Roberts wins the trophy named after her coach.
Why would Ella Roberts win Melbourne's Best & Fairest award??

Don’t know if she can coach at all, but there’s probably no bigger name in women’s footy than her and for a side that has been consistently bad and uninteresting they really could use the credibility and recruiting boost that will come from being led by Daisy Pearce.

To be fair, you can say that about every single person who's never had a head coaching role in their time before, including our past two premiership coaches.

was gonna say - I think there has been a misunderstanding here

The biggest misunderstanding here is that someone keeps posting here thinking that they are welcome and I wonder if they actually have a home board to go to.

But given who they support I can’t help but suspect that they are vagrants squatting on our board, is search of a temporary home, a roof over their head so to speak, until Mamma Kane delivers the next round of handouts and ration tokens.

Wow. What a huge appointment.:thumbsu:

Well done all round I say.:clapping:

I see this as a club finally flexing its balance sheet. Pyke and now Pearce. Spending more in the medical rehab and fitness depts etc.

We are rebuilding the club and targeting quality people. Next few years will be bumpy but we will have some good times as well on the journey I'm sure.:thumbsu:

Last edited:
So you're saying she will coach Collingwood to a premiership in 2044?

As long as she coaches us to two Premierships before heading to Collingwood ....... I can live with that.

Would be made all the more pleasurable if in that time there was still an empty cabinet in Cockburn, with no cups for the men or the woman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely elite first interview, I thought.

She came across as extremely genuine and a great lover of the game. This will 100% rub off on the girls and can only lead to positive cultural shifts.

She's been surrounded by success in the past and will help us take steps to bridge the current gap between us and the best. It'll take time, but this is the perfect first step.

Don't mind if she joins the mens side in some capacity so we don't have to hear her special comments on 7 ..
Honestly think she’s one of the better special comments people out there.

Good/Tolerable
Daisy
Richo
Healy

Bad
Abbey Holmes
Darcy
Carey
Ling
Ricciuto
The list goes on

Last edited:
Excited to see us finally treating our womens side with professionalism by landing a big fish but will keep expectations tempered considering how AFL legends like Voss, Hird, Buckley etc have gone as coaches. Being a good player doesn't always make you a good coach.
I don’t know if those three had done anything similar, but Pearce did complete that level 3 coaching accreditation program through the AFL umpires association, plus a year at Geelong. It’s something at least

Excited to see us finally treating our womens side with professionalism by landing a big fish but will keep expectations tempered considering how AFL legends like Voss, Hird, Buckley etc have gone as coaches. Being a good player doesn't always make you a good coach.
This is true but also a little unfair

1. Buckley was a good coach and was 5 points from being a premiership coach
2. Voss showing his strip's now at Carlton after a terrible Brisbane stint
3. Hard we'll never truly know after drug gate

What these guys failed to do was their apprenticeship. Doesn't matter who you are, you should complete time as an assistant learning the ropes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back