Portfolio Damo's work of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
OK. In the past, I've been guilty of just spamming this thread with almost weekly portfolios. However the end of 2016 i went quiet, working on a few things, upgrading my laptop, and then smashing out a bunch of new ideas. So, rather then going back to monthly portfolios, I think I'll try just having ONE.

I'll try and link in this post to sets of work as they come up.

My first bunch of work is something that might be seen as a little.... MENANIST.... MENANISTIC? Misogynist? Any way, I hope not, because it's actually something really close to my heart. I've been playing netball for years, at club level and lately at state level (i'll be representing SA over Easter on the Gold Coast).

So i thought I would imagine a men's version of the new and improved SuperNetball comp.

Starting with the;

Adelaide Thunderbirds

The logo is a re coloured version of the Springfield Thunderbirds from the American Hockey League. Link to the website; https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjnm_Cjh9DSAhXHtpQKHVmFCIwQFggcMAA&url=http://www.springfieldthunderbirds.com/&usg=AFQjCNEYe1EmTD6k11U28zpxoVWfl8ZnCA&sig2=7aoanOS4omFYrqF5sXN-4g

Last edited:

Now, this one might seem menanist because i'm asking an established team to change their name for the sake of men, but lets talk about this seriously. A Vixen is a female fox. Great name for a female side. The men's side, should logically be called the Foxes.

Melbourne Foxes

I'm really not a fan of the AFL getting involved into another sports comp, but regardless it's happened. I've officially named this team the Magpies NM to avoid branding confusion with the footy team.

Collingwood Magpies MN

This thread is a bit meninist.
not sure if trolling, so let me re iterate. I love netball, I love the current comp (except for the AFL and NRL involvement, not a fan) and I only imagined this as an off shoot of the current format, not as a replacement, not as a higher level comp, but as a subsidiary of the super netball comp

not sure if trolling, so let me re iterate. I love netball, I love the current comp (except for the AFL and NRL involvement, not a fan) and I only imagined this as an off shoot of the current format, not as a replacement, not as a higher level comp, but as a subsidiary of the super netball comp
Don't worry, just a bad troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Next topic I've had waiting to share ok, so, this one has some context...

Currently, SANZAR are trying to fix their own mistakes. They bloated, complicated, and ultimately very nearly ruined their comp and now the talk is that at least one Australian team is going to be cut (even though the introduction of new Australian teams IMPROVED the comp and lead to an evenly placed 5, 5, 5 comp but i digress).

Imagine the ARU decide to not only save their clubs, but take the fate of Australian rugby back into their own hands. In 2018, they hastily rip their teams out of Super Rugby. A new Australian Rugby Union Cup or ARUC is formed, and to complete the numbers, a handful of sides from the NRC are chosen strategically to complete the comp.

The League was so hastily put together that a unique logo wasn't even created, instead the Australian Rugby union logo is placed on each teams jersey.

now, as a bonus, I'll include this design for a Fiji team that I made, but can no longer justify inserting into an Australian comp.

Just a minor issue I have with this portfolio. How come you're not putting all of one comps designs in one post each? Regardless these are some great designs and some interesting concepts for the teams.
Dude, fair feedback, I'll probably do that in future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back