Dan Hannebery - most underrated youngster in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an absolute ball magnet, just keeps running to the right spots and has a very impressive boot on him.

IMO he's had the best season of the eligible rising stars.

He won't. Hannebery does his job very well and he should be right up there in the Rising Star award but he isn't flashy enough to get noticed. If he died his hair blue or something he may have a shot.

Being blonde makes a difference. :p He was a stand out today and against the Kangaroos in Melbourne too. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins it.

Nick Smith...now he's underrated.

Yeah he was super today on Hodge for most of the game i reckon. Him and Hannebery are quietly just going about their business at the Swans. But Hannebery looks a real quality player. Won't be long before he starts copping the number 1 tag in all honesty.

Gary Rohan will be Brendan Goddard in a few years.

Gee, that would be something. Goddard is a classy player. Can;t wait to see how Rohan develops after 2-3 years under his belt. Looks quality as well.

Gary Rohan will be Brendan Goddard in a few years.
Well they do look exactly the same

Rohan:
487698-gary-rohan.jpg

Goddard:
xmenstyle.jpg

Would be great if he turned out as good as him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Smith...now he's underrated.

Thankyou MC Extra Dollop....very very true. I'm glad someone other than a swans supporter has been able to see what a gem this boy is. In my opinion our best player this season thus far. Always picks up the opposition's small forward and always does the job handsomely. Didak, Rioli, Hodge, Giansirracusa, Milne are just some of the big scalps he's tamed in recent times. Did well against Stevie J when we played the cats at skilled a few weeks backs too, but at the rate the ball was coming into the cats forward line, especially in the second half, you'd have to give the points to S.J. that day.

Saw him play first hand against the hawks at the mcg.He is a super player with poise, balance and courage.Will be hard to beat for nab rising star.

In the press conference yesterday, Roos made special note that he watched Hannebery as a 14 year old, and pushed his case pretty strongly to the Sydney recruiters.

So now we know what job Roosy is angling for after he retires from coaching this year :)

In the press conference yesterday, Roos made special note that he watched Hannebery as a 14 year old, and pushed his case pretty strongly to the Sydney recruiters.

So now we know what job Roosy is angling for after he retires from coaching this year :)

and we should give it to him. :thumbsu:

i remember last year he was on three week school holiday i drove down to canberra to see the ressies it was Dans last game before going back to school and he nailed it he raked up possessions and kicked goals all over the ground helping team mates out and being a leader as i left the ground (even though they lost) i said Dans gonna debut next week and he did hes fantastic and very much deserving of the Rising Star

Will be a future leader and Captain along with Kieren Jack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back