Daniel Menzel 'returned to footy' progress updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea what anyone was talking about moggy.

Long story short:

3 Footballing families. The Menzel's, the Vardy's & the Cowan's are fighting over the Cotton Wool Throne to see who can come out on top & return to play senior footy without getting injured :p

57434853.jpg

It's ******* s**t. It's a soap opera.

Yeah sorry I have seen that episode. I sort of meant before the league of sparrows got a hold of her. Appreciate the ones that have read the book to leave it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoT is amazing, waiting for it to end so I can binge. Stupid Foxtel. You're not getting my money.

Anyway, back on topic, if I was anywhere in the vicinity of Deakin I would be at that lecture like a flash, right up my alley. But alas, beholden to my life in Adelaide so if you're considering going then maybe do it for me plz. I'm very jealous already.

I think Menz could write a book on ACL rehab so even if you're not at all a science student it would be interesting. He's learnt everything he knows from experience so it wouldn't be the same as a 20 year physiotherapist or academic doing the same lecture. And we need someone to give the board a debrief at the end anyway :) ~ 750 words on my desk within a week pls :p

GoT is amazing, waiting for it to end so I can binge. Stupid Foxtel. You're not getting my money.

Anyway, back on topic, if I was anywhere in the vicinity of Deakin I would be at that lecture like a flash, right up my alley. But alas, beholden to my life in Adelaide so if you're considering going then maybe do it for me plz. I'm very jealous already.

I think Menz could write a book on ACL rehab so even if you're not at all a science student it would be interesting. He's learnt everything he knows from experience so it wouldn't be the same as a 20 year physiotherapist or academic doing the same lecture. And we need someone to give the board a debrief at the end anyway :) ~ 750 words on my desk within a week pls :p

Well now I've been convinced - I'm definitely going to the lecture now. I may as well, I spend half my life in that lecture theatre anyway, so what's another hour? And anything Menz has to say would surely be much more interesting than what my usual lecturers drone on with. And I'll definitely be sure to report back here afterwards :)

Done right it could be an amazing book. If he teamed up with a really amazing journo someone from the New York Times etc (there is no one in Australia good enough to write with him IMO). It would probably be more about the psychology of recovering from an injury rather than anything else then he could make a mint doing the speaking tour and working with various football clubs the world over.

Well now I've been convinced - I'm definitely going to the lecture now. I may as well, I spend half my life in that lecture theatre anyway, so what's another hour? And anything Menz has to say would surely be much more interesting than what my usual lecturers drone on with. And I'll definitely be sure to report back here afterwards :)
Same here. Far too much time in that theatre:(

Done right it could be an amazing book. If he teamed up with a really amazing journo someone from the New York Times etc (there is no one in Australia good enough to write with him IMO). It would probably be more about the psychology of recovering from an injury rather than anything else then he could make a mint doing the speaking tour and working with various football clubs the world over.
Absolutely! Someone with actual writing skills, and the ability to extract deeper meaning from the experience rather than the incredibly superficial sports journalism we have in Australia (cricket commentary excepted). He's already started the lecture circuit, just needs a book now :)

I don't think it's so much guarding a secret, as not wanting to build up any expectation.

The last thing he needs is to feel external pressure, on top of all the internal angst he no doubt has about his comeback.

i think its as much about managing expectations. Keep the lid on the info flow - thus keeping the highs lower and lows higher…..

There has been enough pendulum swinging already. Might not appeal to some but at the end of the day ( which is kind of approaching) its the way its being done.

GO Catters

i think its as much about managing expectations. Keep the lid on the info flow - thus keeping the highs lower and lows higher…..

There has been enough pendulum swinging already. Might not appeal to some but at the end of the day ( which is kind of approaching) its the way its being done.

GO Catters

It's a stupid mindset how about transparency ,they want fan engagement yet they keep us in the dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back