Recommitted Darcy Parish - re-signed until 2028!

Does he stay or does he go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the HUN (behind a paywall) talks have stalled between Parish and EFC

Hmm
I’ve seen the article, it says Essendon and Parish expect him to stay despite a 100k gap in his value, he’s currently got an offer for around 750/5 years at Essendon, and we are willing to pay a fair price but not overs because we have an eye to the future.

I’ve seen the article, it says Essendon and Parish expect him to stay despite a 100k gap in his value, he’s currently got an offer for around 750/5 years at Essendon, and we are willing to pay a fair price but not overs because we have an eye to the future.

Gotta bank that cash for when Tsatas deserves $1.2m / 5 year extension.

Out of interest what you do think he would need to get paid to trigger band 1?

Also the bloke who wins it in the middle and gets a kick away with three blokes hanging off him doesn't usually hit someone lace out.

Walsh is a beautiful kick and came third or so in the Brownlow a few years ago.

But you right that past winners like Fyfe and Cripps are also physically banged up and got a couple of opponents hanging off them etc

My main issue/beef with the Brownlow is defenders never get votes or due recognition.

Last backman to win the Brownlow was Fred Goldsmith in 1955 and I can't see any other full back/defender ever winning it again.

Walsh is a beautiful kick and came third or so in the Brownlow a few years ago.

But you right that past winners like Fyfe and Cripps are also physically banged up and got a couple of opponents hanging off them etc

My main issue/beef with the Brownlow is defenders never get votes or due recognition.

Last backman to win the Brownlow was Fred Goldsmith in 1955 and I can't see any other full back/defender ever winning it again.
No. Gavin Wanganeen '93.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I do think Parish will stay at Essendon.... But the club is not going to say, we expect him to leave...

Look I do think Parish will stay at Essendon.... But the club is not going to say, we expect him to leave...
They also have the right to remain silent
Also another question? What would you rather as a club, let Parish go as a RFA, or pick up McKay as a RFA?
I expect we get McKay and keep Parish. If we had to choose it’s kinda complicated depending on how the AFL values McKay’s comp, we would prioritise whichever combination gives the greatest net benefit. Possibly both go as free agents and we preserve our existing picks.

Also another question? What would you rather as a club, let Parish go as a RFA, or pick up McKay as a RFA?
Parish compo = pick 6-7
Mckay for free pushes our 1st pick back one in likelihood

I take the parish compo and north can take our 2nd for mckay or im happy to walk away

Unlike in a court of law though, silence in in response to a question from the media is incriminating
The media already thinks Ratugolea is leaving… and that they’re lying by saying he’s staying anyway. Silence and lies have the same consequence.

Cut the crap and just say that he has a decision to make, they love him, he’s a valuable member of the team, whatever silly cliche comes to mind.

Do what his brother does “that’s not my department, but I’d certainly like him to stay. My job is to cultivate an environment he wants to be a part of and that’s what I’m focused on”

Might as well be honest and mature about it, if the frenzy comes regardless.

The media already thinks Ratugolea is leaving… and that they’re lying by saying he’s staying anyway. Silence and lies have the same consequence.

Cut the crap and just say that he has a decision to make, they love him, he’s a valuable member of the team, whatever silly cliche comes to mind.

Do what his brother does “that’s not my department, but I’d certainly like him to stay. My job is to cultivate an environment he wants to be a part of and that’s what I’m focused on”

Might as well be honest and mature about it, if the frenzy comes regardless.
Sav is gone, they're just making a show of his much they love him.

It's true too. Chris Scott genuinely loves him.

Back